• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Japan Publisher Sale! SquareEnix, Capcpom, Konami & more!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yep.

Edit: Re1-3 obviously can be played on vita, but rest are ps3

thank you,.
I'm considering the Origins bundle for PS4...
Plus:

- Dragon Questo heroes or MGS V Phantom Pain on PS4
- Soul Sacrifice or Persona 4 Golden On PS Vita

any suggestions in terms of "deal"? I mean, I know the games, but I'd like to understand which in your opinion is offering the best deal in this case

So, after further consideration I abandoned the Japanese Sale altogether. Everything I really want I already own and I don't have a PS3 or Vita. Instead I bought Armello, I game I actually wanted to support on Kickstarter back in the day but was broke at the time.

Bishop89

thank you,.
Plus:

any suggestions in terms of "deal"? I mean, I know the games, but I'd like to understand which in your opinion is offering the best deal in this case

I'd personally go with mgs5 + Persona 4 gold.

DQH is great fun, looks great, and has a lot of what makes DQ charming, but it can get very repetitive as its a dynasty warrior type game.
+ MGS5 is much cheaper than DHQ in this sale.

Persona 4 golden imo is one of the best jrpgs around, so I could not recommend that enough. Haven't played much of SS to give a proper opinion on it.

Danneee

Earth Defence Force 4.1... Hmm. Do I want it digital or physical...

Edit: Digital it is, need to conserve shelf space!

Ikon

So I started my purchasing for this saw with Steins;Gate. I'm a couple of hours in but right now I really hope things get more interesting further on.

I really hate the MC so far....

Saoshyant

So I started my purchasing for this saw with Steins;Gate. I'm a couple of hours in but right now I really hope things get more interesting further on.

I really hate the MC so far....

That's the point of the game, it starts rather slow before things get insane. And you sort of have to enjoy the crazy antics of the main character to get through it, yeah. I mean, you may still like it for the story alone and the other characters, but you are in that guy's head for like 40 hours, so try to get along. There's a reason he acts like he does.

Confused... FFXIV bundle is £32.99, but to buy the base game (9.79) plus Heavensward (18.99) costs £28.78. Why buy the bundle?
Unless it also contains the content from the special editions, which seems unlikely seeing as the Heavensward SE alone is also £32.99.

Bishop89

Confused... FFXIV bundle is £32.99, but to buy the base game (9.79) plus Heavensward (18.99) costs £28.78. Why buy the bundle?
Unless it also contains the content from the special editions, which seems unlikely seeing as the Heavensward SE alone is also £32.99.
A lot of bundles in the past have been like this. Don't know how it makes sense from the publishers side of things....

Bl@de

Had some store credit left and bought Resident Evil 0 (9,99 is the best price to date, even better than Steam) and Tales of Xillia (supposed to be a good game and Tales of Graces f was fun. PS3 staying in the living room for another year...)

Jimrpg

I'm thinking about getting castlevania symphony of the night.

I assume I should get the PSP Dracula X version over the PS1 symphony of the night? Both are the same price and I'll be playing on Vita.

The other thing is - are the games hard? I played a couple of the DS ones and I never finished them... Always got stuck somehow. Had SOTN on 360 and didn't get very far either.

Jimrpg

thank you,.
Plus:

That's a really good price for PP so get that.

Persona 4 Golden has never been cheaper. SS IMO is a bit of an acquired taste I could never get into it. Persona 4 is more your typical anime dungeon crawling RPG. It's a long game tho!

Intel_89

I'm thinking about getting castlevania symphony of the night.

I assume I should get the PSP Dracula X version over the PS1 symphony of the night? Both are the same price and I'll be playing on Vita.

The other thing is - are the games hard? I played a couple of the DS ones and I never finished them... Always got stuck somehow. Had SOTN on 360 and didn't get very far either.

Get Dracula X for the PSP, then unlock Symphony of the Night, the original Rondo of Blood and never play the PSP remake again. I really hate the remake but the bonus games kinda make up for it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
finally! Fucken Hard Corps Uprising! How many years have I been waiting for that to appear in a sale?!!??? (About 3 years!) I'll have to purchase through the Web browser cos my PS3 is packed away.

Also, I fear that it's not going to be too long before the PS3 store is shut down permanently or support for it anyway given the PS3 is coming to the end of its projected "10 year" cycle.

gogogow

Yep.

Edit: Re1-3 obviously can be played on vita, but rest are ps3

Why does the store say RE2 is only playable on PSP and PS3?

qGxfdmX.jpg

Intel_89

Picked up Sword Art Hollow Fragment and having a blast, is £19.99 a good price for the sequel ?

Yes but by the time you're done with Hollow Fragment you'll probably want to take a break from 'more SAO', by then you might end up finding better deals.

haendeul

I'm looking for a game for my Vita TV. I only have the 1gb internal memory available since the pricing and availability of Vita memory cards is ridiculous. I'm already planning to pick up Front Mission 3 since I've been wanting to play that for a while. I guess I can download this on my PSP instead if I feel like it.
I'm also thinking about getting either Demon Gaze or Muramasa. I don't know a lot about Demon Gaze, but people seem to like it. And I like RPGs of that type. Muramasa I understand people are a bit mixed about.

I wish I could get Trails of Cold Steel, but I'll just have to look for a physical version of that because of the size.

I'm looking for a game for my Vita TV. I only have the 1gb internal memory available since the pricing and availability of Vita memory cards is ridiculous. I'm already planning to pick up Front Mission 3 since I've been wanting to play that for a while. I guess I can download this on my PSP instead if I feel like it.
I'm also thinking about getting either Demon Gaze or Muramasa. I don't know a lot about Demon Gaze, but people seem to like it. And I like RPGs of that type. Muramasa I understand people are a bit mixed about.

I wish I could get Trails of Cold Steel, but I'll just have to look for a physical version of that because of the size.

Yeah, i'm currently debating whether to get Demon Gaze myself... I finished EOIV last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. As i understand it, this seems to be quite similar as far as gameplay is concerned so i might just go for it! It's not even about the money at this price but more the time commitment with huge backlogs across systems :(

haendeul

Yeah, i'm currently debating whether to get Demon Gaze myself... I finished EOIV last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. As i understand it, this seems to be quite similar as far as gameplay is concerned so i might just go for it! It's not even about the money at this price but more the time commitment with huge backlogs across systems :(

Likewise with the time commitment. I'm not too concerned about backlogs any more though. I'm okay with playing a game for a while and stopping without finishing it. I might just pick up Front Mission since that's already a huge game I'll never see the end of anyway.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I ended up getting some games for my Vita. Danganronpa 2 (I already have it on PC, but since I have the first one only on Vita...), Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2. Pretty good value for less than 20 Eurobucks.

I ended up getting some games for my Vita. Danganronpa 2 (I already have it on PC, but since I have the first one only on Vita...), Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2. Pretty good value for less than 20 Eurobucks.

Yeah i still can't believe i was trying to hunt down a copy of Suiko II for years and never took the plunge since it was so expensive and now you get it DIRT CHEAP lol!

Now to actually make time and play it is another matter unfortunately...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That's a really good price for PP so get that.

Persona 4 Golden has never been cheaper. SS IMO is a bit of an acquired taste I could never get into it. Persona 4 is more your typical anime dungeon crawling RPG. It's a long game tho!

I'd personally go with mgs5 + Persona 4 gold.

DQH is great fun, looks great, and has a lot of what makes DQ charming, but it can get very repetitive as its a dynasty warrior type game.
+ MGS5 is much cheaper than DHQ in this sale.

Persona 4 golden imo is one of the best jrpgs around, so I could not recommend that enough. Haven't played much of SS to give a proper opinion on it.

Thanks!
Persona downloaded.
Tomorrow I will probably go for MGS5 and the RE origin bundle!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Decided to have a decent look through the list seeing as I only had one game in my basket. Normally if there's one game I've been interested in then when it's on sale I'll allow myself the undiscounted amount to spend. IE, Hard Corps Uprising is £9.99 normally so since it's discounted to £4.99 I added Killer is Dead and Crazy Taxi to my basket pushing it just over £10. Although I'm debating about swapping Crazy Taxi for Elevator Action Deluxe.

Dariusburst is an awesome discount but shame it's not cross buy. :-(

black070

Yes but by the time you're done with Hollow Fragment you'll probably want to take a break from 'more SAO', by then you might end up finding better deals.

You're probably right, after a few doezon of hours, I can imagine the eagerness for more would die down a little.

Quick question, I have very recently acquired a Playstation TV, are there any notable exceptions to what I can play on it regarding the PS1 Classics.

IIRC every PS1 game works on PS TV but I might be wrong.

Apparently not. I did some more digging in the meantime, and if it works or not is art of the description in the store. Imagine my surprise when I found out that none of the Square Enix PSOne Classics work. I looked at all the FF games, Vagrant Story and Front Mission 3, and they are all incompatible. Suikoden 1+2 work.

I think they should all work. If in doubt though check this updated list for which game is playable on PSTV.

Interesting. The European list linked in the article says they work. Well, I guess I just have to try it out then.

Bishop89

Quick question, I have very recently acquired a Playstation TV, are there any notable exceptions to what I can play on it regarding the PS1 Classics.

I thinkn to be safe, probably post a list of games and see what GAF says about them.

Some lists ive seen in the past have contradicted each other, so you can never be too sure.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is parappa 2 any good - don't thnk I ever played it when it originally came out even though I loved the first game.

usp84

I bought Silent Hill 1, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Devil May Cry 1-4.

Never played any of these but who knows when i will actually play them lol

Top Bottom