• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ethan Winters Face Reveal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox One X GIF by Xbox

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It is the stupidest thing not to show his face in the game. He talks, he has personality, he even is in cutscenes weirdly hiding his face.
It is ETHAN character and not PLAYER. It's not half-life 2 but even there it barely worked

Hugare

It is the stupidest thing not to show his face in the game. He talks, he has personality, he even is in cutscenes weirdly hiding his face.
It is ETHAN character and not PLAYER. It's not half-life 2 but even there it barely worked
At least in HL 2 Gordon doesnt talk

Its so fucking stupid in RE 7 and even worse in 8

The guys talks, has a wife/child, the game tells a personal story, but Capcom chooses to try to make you feel things for a character that you dont see his fucking face

At least in HL 2 Gordon doesnt talk

Its so fucking stupid in RE 7 and even worse in 8

The guys talks, has a wife/child, the game tells a personal story, but Capcom chooses to try to make you feel things for a character that you dont see his fucking face
Taking a page from the Master Chief book

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I love Ethan. Just like so many sweet fathers out there, he keeps fighting through hell to take care of and protect his family, even when he's barely making it through himself. 💙

Ulysses 31

I love Ethan. Just like so many sweet fathers out there, he keeps fighting through hell to take care of and protect his family, even when he's barely making it through himself. 💙
Eh, it got a bit soured when he doesn't even once ask about Mia after Chris does a certain revelation to him while Mia does ask about Ethan the whole time.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Eh, it got a bit soured when he doesn't even once ask about Mia after Chris does a certain revelation to him while Mia does ask about Ethan the whole time.

I must have remembered wrong- I've been skipping cutscenes where I can on my following playthoughs. I guess I was remembering about his dedication to saving Rose, but it is certainly a misstep if he didn't demand to know where Mia was during all of this. :unsure:

Last edited:

Somoza

But there were resident evil 7 renders of ethan's face? Heck if you just google images of Ethan winters most of the results that appear to me are that render of him with his arm up to see the watch. Dont know why seeing his face is such a big deal.

There are videos on youtube that show that he does not even have a face or head at all.

Last edited:

spookyfish

I must have remembered wrong- I've been skipping cutscenes where I can on my following playthoughs. I guess I was remembering about his dedication to saving Rose, but it is certainly a misstep if he didn't demand to know where Mia was during all of this. :unsure:
One of Chris’s soldiers—or Chris himself—says something along the lines of “I doubt Miranda would have any use for her after that.” It was *sort of* addressed.

LMJ

What's even crazier is...

SPOILER SPOILER ENDING OF RE8 AKA THE VILLIAGE AKA SPOILER SPOILER

At the end of the game when Rosemary and "friend" are driving away you can see a figure in the distance walking, and PC players checked it out and yup, it's Ethen lol

https:// youtu.be/i1eMasqY8Sk

Last edited:
I've said this before in a different thread but it bears repeating.

I've never seen a lead character from a videogame actually look like he writes about videogames for a living.

Top Bottom