• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ETA on GOW Ragnarök & future PC ports by PlayStation

Topher

Gold Member
Not denying them at all. Dunno where u get that from. All Im saying is that it's overrated. Nothing more. I guess we will start seeing real results once cross gen finishes and Ms direct storage and whatever else becomes the norm. But until then, nothing extraordinary that can't be done has been shown.

I didn't say you "denied" anything. Your downplaying it is what is baffling. If PC were the first to present these advancements would you be so flippant about it? I think not.

MiguelItUp

While I'm sure it's possible we'll see these some day, I feel like Lance speaks more truth than whoever this person is. I mean, Lance created the Bloodborne 60fps PS4 Pro mod, what'd this person do? Lmao

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not denying them at all. Dunno where u get that from. All Im saying is that it's overrated. Nothing more. I guess we will start seeing real results once cross gen finishes and Ms direct storage and whatever else becomes the norm. But until then, nothing extraordinary that can't be done has been shown.

This is because the PS5 is the first time console players experienced SSD speed.

Roxkis_ii

you prey?

zebralion.jpeg
Sometimes we are the hunter, and other times we are the hunted.

Lol we've had ssd much longer than you, for Ms not to release their full potential it's their problem. Again, nothing groundbreaking on the SSD side. Only game that uses it it's ratchet...that new squarenix shitty game will use direct storage and it'll be the beginning of the end for the SSD overhype. And yes, no rush from Ms and or Nvidia since you know...again, nothing groundbreaking. Dlss, Gsync, VR, those are nice advancements.

99% of games released up untill this point have not been designed or built from the ground up to take advantage of flash/SSD storage architecture.

Now that consoles have adopted it, it will significantly increase the baseline for adoption in the coming years.

I don’t know why people are so quick to downplay the SSD, it was literally the most requested features from developers for the next-gen consoles.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you didn't have an N64 I guess.
LOL. So true.

Any modern day gamer only exposed to disc based games, HDD and SSD have a foundation of taking 30-60 seconds for a game to load. SSD makes it drop to 10 seconds or less depending on the game. And that doesn't even include powering on the system to get to the dashboard.

In those old ass cartridge based systems from the 80s and 90s...

Put game in --> turn system on (cold boot too) --> title screen --> press button to play game

All in about 3 seconds.

sendit

Lol we've had ssd much longer than you, for Ms not to release their full potential it's their problem. Again, nothing groundbreaking on the SSD side. Only game that uses it it's ratchet...that new squarenix shitty game will use direct storage and it'll be the beginning of the end for the SSD overhype. And yes, no rush from Ms and or Nvidia since you know...again, nothing groundbreaking. Dlss, Gsync, VR, those are nice advancements.
Who should take the blame for the amount of ignorance in this post?

Saucy Papi

I wonder how they'll handle the control scheme for Rift Apart on PC since some of the weapons required use of the haptic feedback on the Dualsense.

I wonder how they'll handle the control scheme for Rift Apart on PC since some of the weapons required use of the haptic feedback on the Dualsense.
Like what? You can disable all dualsense features and you can use a DS on PC if you want them.

Rift Apart won’t be on PC for years anyway.

Top Bottom