• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ETA on GOW Ragnarök & future PC ports by PlayStation

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I'll take them. Bryan spinning in his ban grave right now...
Aw man, a permaban. Dude was clearly a troll, and I enjoyed watching people fall for it 😂

On topic - I'm glad they're doing more PC ports, especially when PS5 can still be difficult to find.

Aw man, a permaban. Dude was clearly a troll, and I enjoyed watching people fall for it 😂

On topic - I'm glad they're doing more PC ports, especially when PS5 can still be difficult to find.
He’s not trolling, unfortunately.

He banned me from a discord group (that he invited me to) for saying pc ports wasn’t the end of the world

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Every major Sony first-party PS4/Crossgen game I fully expect to be ported to PC eventually. It's a no brainer, and there's nothing a PS4 can do that a modern PC can't. There might be some exceptions though, like Spiderman.

Their rumoured GaaS-type games could potentially be PC day one also, for a bigger player base for crossplay.

It can allow them to sell more Dualsense controllers too, and their profit margins for those are very likely better than for the console.

PS5-only games are a bit trickier, I think, but possibly in a couple of years when NVMe drives are more common, at the end of this gen, for example.
This

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Streaming PS5 games on PS4, porting PS5 games to PC...

Remind me again why PS5 games require a DualSense controller?

Did anyone actually believe PS5 games require a DualSense controller, and isn't them trying to sell new peripherals to the fans for more money? I don't think people are that stupid. You can literally turn off the PS5 gimmicks in the controller accessibility setting and use it like a DualShock4 on PS5 games

FrankWza

What stage of grief is this?
Charlie Brown Peanuts GIF by Kim's Convenience

Brofist

Direct storage. Hence why we are hearing more about PS5 titles coming to pc now.

That’s what Sony had to wait for.
I mean maybe on future titles, but they are just moving slow. There are still a bunch of PS4 titles they could have released by now that would have no dependency on direct storage or SSDs

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't understand why people are mad others will be able to play their games. This guy's life won't change because games are getting ported to other platforms.
In fact, the more sales a game gets, the better the games will be in the future.

Making games exclusive to 50M consoles available when they cost like 150M dollars makes no sense right now...
Who knows.

Console ecosystem warriors are a funny bunch of people.

I wonder if they feel the same way for their old DVD player. DVD players of all brands can play movies the same. Yet I bet they don't care one bit competing players can play the same discs (in their region). In fact everyone wants them to play all discs because when someone buys another player they want their disc to work on all hardware instead of being locked out.

Most people will just buy a DVD player from their region which is good enough, but the savvy ones would buy region-unlocked players that can play all discs from around the world.

Yet for consoles, they go ape shit because a competing console or a PC plays the same game as if they life depends on it.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean maybe on future titles, but they are just moving slow. There are still a bunch of PS4 titles they could have released by now that would have no dependency on direct storage or SSDs

Correct but after zero dawn pc launch Sony is making sure everyone of their ports are worth the cash. Look at GOD OF WAR? DLSS, FSR support and runs super well.

That took them like 2 years. So you have to be patient.

I’m willing to wait if God of war pc version is anything to go by.

Neofire

Here we go again 👀 I knew someone just couldn't contain themselves in hopes Sony put more games on the PC lol.

I'm surprised it took this long for said individuals to crawl out from the shadows and express that "want".

Hezekiah

Banned
I don't have the app and I'm not downloading it, but I'd love to see the power supply, and the RAM that rig has. Also what size SSD it has.

Also, I'm guessing that's a pretty cheap case. Imo better to spend a few hundred more to ensure you're getting a good parts for the above (and maybe improve the CPU and motherboard).

I don't have the app and I'm not downloading it, but I'd love to see the power supply, and the RAM that rig has. Also what size SSD it has.

Also, I'm guessing that's a pretty cheap case. Imo better to spend a few hundred more to ensure you're getting a good parts for the above (and maybe improve the CPU and motherboard).
just click the link, don't need the app to see the components

MSI Battlepack featuring: Mouse, Keyboard, MousePad & Headphones.
Game: Monster Hunter Rise

• CPU: Intel 12th Gen 12400F
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX3060
  • Case: MSI MAG Forge 100M RGB
  • Ram: 16Gb Corsair 3200mhz 2x8
  • Motherboard: MSI Pro B660M-A (Wifi version +19.99 inside tab)
  • PSU: Coolmaster V2 750W Bronze
  • Storage: MSI Spatium 500GB (1TB +54.99 under tab)
  • O/S: Windows 11 included.
  • CPU Cooling: Stock

Banjo64

cumsessed

LrKnZUf.png

I don’t know enough about PCs to say if it’s fantastic but looks good to me for £800 odd

Last edited:
I hope someone is gonna post footage of the game running fine on a SATA SSD or even a regular HDD and make storage warriors lose their shit. Happened with that UE5 tech demo and it was hilarious.

Insomniac developers stated a few times they didn’t saturate the PS5’s SSD bandwidth when implementing the portal and rift features.

However it’s still a safe bet they were throwing around a lot of data in and out of RAM because of the instant world loading.

I’m sure the game will scale down well with SATA SSD’s at least 1GB /s.

However hard disk drives? I’m not so sure about that but I’m happy to proven wrong.

AllBizness

Banned
Dont know if I can believe GT7 is getting a PC port. If theres a consistent console seller throughout the gen its Gran Turismo. GT7 is no doubt one of those 10 AAA live service games Sony will release over the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Ouch, I felt that butt pain. Seriously though, time to get over it. Games are for everyone and free money ain't something Sony is gonna neglect
PlayStation wll always be console-first unless they will have their subscription services on PC as well. That's where they make money.

Sony won't really ever look at PC as a priority because they can't lock you in their ecosystem there. It's just a quick way to make some extra bucks for now.

If "Games are for everyone and free money ain't something Sony is gonna neglect" we would never have exclusive games anywhere because multiplatofrm games tend to tell more lmao.

Guilty_AI

Dont know if I can believe GT7 is getting a PC port. If theres a consistent console seller throughout the gen its Gran Turismo. GT7 is no doubt one of those 10 AAA live service games Sony will release over the next 3 years.
Being a live service just makes it more likely that'll get a PC release. GAAS works better when spread through multiple platforms.

OZ9000

Banned
They'll make more money it being a live service game than sticking to one console.

I welcome a platform agnostic future.

Bring me God Of War Ragnarok on PC please.

We'll see how soon this happens. I believe some of these will come to PC but just not 1 to 2 years later, more like possibly end of the gen.

Roxkis_ii

I just prey there is no cross play in GT7. I don't feel like watching cars fly around like airplanes in races or what ever crazy hackery shit they come out with.

Whatever lighting settings the PC port of GoW 2018 was using, don’t expect RT use in a cross-gen game like Ragnarök, same as HFW.
Both Spiderman games have RT (at 60fps !) only on PS5 while having a PS4 version. Besides, when they say RT it could be something quite easy to implement like shadows.

But anyways we know PS5 has the power to do it.

FritzJ92

Tldr: buy an £800 PC if you want a reasonable spec and access to PC, Xbox and PS games with no subscription costs and competitive pricing.
The best GPU you can reasonably buy at that price is a RX 6600 or RTX 3050 none of as good as the current consoles due to PC games poor optimization.

If you recommend a prebuilt you are more likely to find shady crappy builds than high quality ones at £800.

Topher

Gold Member
The best GPU you can reasonably buy at that price is a RX 6600 or RTX 3050 none of as good as the current consoles due to PC games poor optimization.

If you recommend a prebuilt you are more likely to find shady crappy builds than high quality ones at £800.

There is nothing wrong with that build though. Uses recognizable off the shelf parts and that's pretty good deal for the price.

GPU prices have come down a bit. I bought a 3070 ti for $750 a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy.

Kssio_Aug

I totally expect this to be the case (PC ports from PS titles becoming more and more normal). Time will tell, but I don't think it will affect at all the console sales. I was a PC gamer until a couple of years ago, but from here on I really do only intend to buy consoles as game-dedicated hardware... I think PC and consoles are just aimed at different publics.

ClosBSAS

So Microsoft, AMD, and Nvidia are just wasting their time trying to bring this "overrated" tech to PC?
Lol we've had ssd much longer than you, for Ms not to release their full potential it's their problem. Again, nothing groundbreaking on the SSD side. Only game that uses it it's ratchet...that new squarenix shitty game will use direct storage and it'll be the beginning of the end for the SSD overhype. And yes, no rush from Ms and or Nvidia since you know...again, nothing groundbreaking. Dlss, Gsync, VR, those are nice advancements.

ClosBSAS

PlayStation wll always be console-first unless they will have their subscription services on PC as well. That's where they make money.

Sony won't really ever look at PC as a priority because they can't lock you in their ecosystem there. It's just a quick way to make some extra bucks for now.

If "Games are for everyone and free money ain't something Sony is gonna neglect" we would never have exclusive games anywhere because multiplatofrm games tend to tell more lmao.
Lol if Sony ever looked at PC with priority there would not be a playstation. No need to give it priority. Just accept reality as it is, Sony is going PC as well. Nothing wrong with it. We don't need your games day 1 to feel special. Imagine if we ever do get them day one, my god, you would blow up.

Topher

Gold Member
Lol we've had ssd much longer than you, for Ms not to release their full potential it's their problem. Again, nothing groundbreaking on the SSD side. Only game that uses it it's ratchet...that new squarenix shitty game will use direct storage and it'll be the beginning of the end for the SSD overhype. And yes, no rush from Ms and or Nvidia since you know...again, nothing groundbreaking. Dlss, Gsync, VR, those are nice advancements.

I've been gaming on PC for decades so you can skip the "we" vs "you" nonsense. You seem to not understand the significance of the IO advancements that remove bottlenecks that RTX IO and Direct Storage are meant to remove. A bit baffling that you are actually advocating not making advancements in this area.

ClosBSAS

I've been gaming on PC for decades so you can skip the "we" vs "you" nonsense. You seem to not understand the significance of the IO advancements that remove bottlenecks that RTX IO and Direct Storage are meant to remove. A bit baffling that you are actually advocating not making advancements in this area.
Not denying them at all. Dunno where u get that from. All Im saying is that it's overrated. Nothing more. I guess we will start seeing real results once cross gen finishes and Ms direct storage and whatever else becomes the norm. But until then, nothing extraordinary that can't be done has been shown.

Lol if Sony ever looked at PC with priority there would not be a playstation. No need to give it priority. Just accept reality as it is, Sony is going PC as well. Nothing wrong with it. We don't need your games day 1 to feel special. Imagine if we ever do get them day one, my god, you would blow up.
You either quoted the wrong guy or i don't know...i literally don't care where Playstation games are released as long as i get them on Playstation.

Top Bottom