• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic says there are now more than 500 million Epic Games accounts

JimboJones

Still haven't bought anything from it, loving the free games though.
Still pretty bare bones launcher unfortunately buy hey at least we have achievement support now..yay?

Larxia

And how many are using them for the free games only?
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas
Or people only using it to access Unreal Engine. I don't play anything on the Epic Game Store but I do have it installed for Unreal Engine, although that's probably a very small number compared to the amount of accounts made to play free games lol but that's another example of accounts that don't necessarily mean people willing to buy games there.

GHG

Gold Member
Doesn’t seem like the efforts of all the anti Epic store peeps and Gaben worshippers made much of a difference. Sweeney is just too powerful.

Yes, that's why PC gamers are flocking to the EGS to purchase all their games. Nobody could resist the might of Tim Sweeney.

kingfey

Banned
Still haven't bought anything from it, loving the free games though.
Still pretty bare bones launcher unfortunately buy hey at least we have achievement support now..yay?
Best time, is through holiday sales. You get 50% sale, plus $10 over items that is more than $10. I bought alot of games that way. I go for games that have $20 sales, and I buy them for $10, because of the coupon.

Catphish

I created an account several years ago because a friend wanted me to play Snowrunner with him.

I lasted about 2 days, felt filthy, uninstalled the game, deleted the launcher, and never looked back.

Well, I look back now and then to flip it the bird. But that's it.

🖕

Ev1L AuRoN

I have an account and I downloaded every game they gave for free and didn't play any of them yet, I don't know why but is free, so I can help myself, most of those games I already had on steam... I might start to really use the service when they start to copy some of the steam features that I can't live without, like the steam mapper that allows me to use any controller with any game and control my desktop easily. I love to browse the internet on my couch using a controller.

Top Bottom