• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic refused to put Fortnite on MS Xcloud, 2 weeks after Sony invested 200mil $

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLB1904

Banned
D7lU9slXoAEdt9I.jpg

Krizalidx11

Banned
If Sony is really money hatting everyone to keep games from MS platforms I'll just wish them good luck...

Sony's plan is to spend 1bil$ investments in various studios from 1st party to 3rd part games, this round of spending out of that 1billion $ budget went to Epic Games who showed an exclusive Next-gen UE5 demo for PS5 exclusively and the Epic CEO called PS5 a machine faster than current high-end PCs !!!

Epic loves Sony a lot

Raekwon26

Sony's plan is to spend 1bil$ investments in various studios from 1st party to 3rd part games, this round of spending out of that 1billion $ budget went to Epic Games who showed an exclusive Next-gen UE5 demo for PS5 exclusively and the Epic CEO called PS5 a machine faster than current high-end PCs !!!

Epic loves Sony a lot

Idiots unite.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Fortnite is a free-to-play game on Xbox, and the only way to currently access the game on an iPhone is through Nvidia’s GeForce Now cloud gaming service. Epic Games partnered with Nvidia last year to launch Fortnite on GeForce Now and has helped Nvidia offer a number of other games from its PC game store on the Nvidia cloud gaming service, where all of the revenue from the original game’s purchase or any in-app purchases goes back to Epic rather than Nvidia. As far as Epic is concerned, the game is simply running on a PC.

That is likely a key reason why Epic has favored Nvidia over Microsoft to host Fortnite in the cloud. Microsoft doesn’t currently allow rival game stores on Xbox or xCloud in any form, and all transactions go through Microsoft there. In fact, Kreiner even admits that Epic Games hasn’t tried to negotiate with Microsoft over the requirement to have to use the Xbox maker’s store and commerce engine.

It's a total of 450mil, there was another investment in July 2020 by $250mil

And do you know how much money epic makes? 1 billion is nothing to them.

Keep clutching at straws for evil Jim Ryan. Like i said the persecution complex is hilarious and sad at the same time .

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I remember when epic said that the exclusivity period for the unreal engine 5 demo would end in early 2021 so they could show the tech demo running on pc...then there was another investment and that demo is no where to be seen. No one seems to be asking epic about it though :/

Krizalidx11

Banned
And do you know how much money epic makes? 1 billion is nothing to them.

Keep clutching at straws for evil Jim Ryan. Like i said the persecution complex is hilarious and sad at the same time .

Money is money brother and it's not about Jim Ryan (i like him for breaking exclusivity and porting PS games to PC)

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I wonder if Epic had any recent qualms about platform holders and their restrictive policies regarding monetization and fees?
Meme Think GIF

Can anyone think of any president for selectively choosing a platform for this group ?????? Could it be that the platform interferes with the way the developer wants to operate the platform?????

I'm sure they are preemptively avoiding another Apple iOS style battle, right? This has nothing to do with Sony/PlayStation

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s on GeForce now.

Try to look at business decisions without descending into fanboy hell.

Here:

Microsoft games aren’t on GeForce now hmm why hun wat wat wat u sayin? Oh AMD has a chip on Xbox and they usin fidelity FX só of course they won’t allow their games on GeForce now because it’s fkin war man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom