• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic just released easy anti cheat support for Proton/SteamDeck, BattlEye saying support coming soon

junguler

Banned

kudos to Epic for making this happen when they clearly didn't have to and it seems BattlEye is doing the same coming up pretty soon, expect Proton and Steam Deck compatibility with games to be in the high 90 percentages as these two anti cheat systems seem to have been the biggest issue effecting Proton.

the support is not automatic tho and has to be implementing by every developer themselves but i'm sure all of the high profile games will implement support pretty soon.

junguler

Banned
Well it wasn't, until they bought them. :p

Good news though.

(also before we sing Epic too many praises, it's good to remember that Valve was working with EAC and it was going to have Linux support before Epic bought them and stopped development for two years. >_> )
my overall opinion of epic hasn't changed tho, i still think they are a net negative on the gaming industry but i think we should point out when they do something good too because they didn't have to provide proton support at all.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Meanwhile Activision/CoD:
Gremlins 2 Reaction GIF

yurinka

Valve said they were going to make a big Steam OS/proton update to sky rocket proton compatibility. Did they already released this big update?

Do any gaffer knows if regarding emulation Steam OS properly supports the Windows version of Retroarch, Launchbox and its Big Box premium version?

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
Valve said they were going to make a big Steam OS/proton update to sky rocket proton compatibility. Did they already released this big update?

Do any gaffer knows if regarding emulation Steam OS properly supports the Windows version of Retroarch, Launchbox and its Big Box premium version?
proton was already at almost full compatibility if you didn't account for anti cheat software, now that the 2 of the biggest anti cheat developers have made the option for the game developers to make their games work on proton we are only limited by the game developers willingness to support proton, the ball is on their court so to speak and everything valve, easy anti cheat and battleye needed to do is done already.

as for your second question i know it's possible to run the windows version of retroarch thru proton but since we already have a native version on linux i haven't heard many people talk about that, maybe some other linux users can help you with that or you might want to ask linux gaming subreddit too.

Top Bottom