• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store - Winter Sale - Free Games Every Day, $10 Coupons Are Back

Fbh

From what I've been reading around the interweb, it sounds like Inscryption and Death's Door are the best deals by far. Hearing nothing but praise for both and they're only $5 - 6. Looks like I'll be getting those and Guardians of the Galaxy. Can also confirm that Disco Elysium is a great game and very funny to boot.

Might also get the Crysis Remastered Trilogy since I never played any of them, aside from whichever one was on the Xbox. It's only $30 with the discount.

It's a shame that Farcry 6 and Battlefield weren't well received because they're both only $30 as well. 🤦‍♂️

Death's Door is great.
It's like a 2D Zelda style game that leans more heavily into combat than puzzles, though it still has exploration and some fun to find secrets.
Great artsyle and music too

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Really? Hmm too bad, i was looking forward to playing it. Loved Shenmue 1 and 2
It's just my opinion. If you loved the previous games it's certainly worth playing trough once, especially when it's free. But don't expect it to capture the magic from the first two games.

FingerBang

In the UK Death's Door is £12 and you can't use the code to have it for 5 like in the US 🤦🏻‍♂️
Well, at least the Kena price is good

Phase

do it becky chung GIF

Shadow Complex is one of my favorite Metroidvanias. Well worth $5.
Did it.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

T-Cake

Is Remnant one that has been given away previously? It seems to be in my library but I failed the stupid verification check on checkout so I don't know whether it completed the purchase or it's something I already own.

Repeat Remnant.
I've had Kena in my wishlist. It's 20 dollars with sale and coupon. Yes? No? Wait? Might be free on PS+ or epic someday?

Vagswarm

Remnant was definitely part of their free games before, but I heard it's a fun co-op game if you're into that.

It's nice that they're doing one free game every day this year. Just gotta make sure to download them within the 24 hours.

Vagswarm

Lot of people are saying this is fake given that there are zero sources for the OP's list. Remnant was known about a while ago already, and the rest seem to be pulled out of thin air.

It's not necessarily a bad list, but I'd take it with a grain of salt right now.
We'll know in a couple of days if 4 and 5 are true.

The only thing I'd have to see to believe would be Firewatch.

It's not on the Epic Games Store, and it's owned by Valve. If true, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations...
firewatch was out well before Valve bought Campo Santo but yeah i suppose Valve now own it so will be interesting. or maybe Lord Gaben doesn't give a shit cause he bought Campo Santo for the developers. It doesn't seem like Valve are gonna let Campo Santo do anymore games. Gabe put them to work on Dota and Alyx. "In The Valley of the Gods" is dead it seems :(

Last edited:

T-Cake

EGS_15DaysofGames_wrapped_1920x1080_day05_v03_1920x1080-2515e286161c3b2d1d81353df16d26f5

Mmmmm two swords and a round shield.

I was thinking Fighting Fantasy but that only has one sword going through the shield. Back to the brainstorming... It's not going to be The Witcher 3, is it? Silver sword and steel sword?

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Remnant is worth playing. A Souls inspired game with a touch of Left4Dead for people who prefer aim based games rather than the "parry god" games which have become something of a cliche to me.

Kuranghi

Anyone try Severed Steel? Looks like fun. Especially at that price.

Its actually fucking ace mate, its not very deep but you can make strategies and decimate the AI or you can just live in the moment and feel like a badass as well. Not sure how long it will remain fun but for pennies its worth it definitely. I played the demo on Steam.

Kuranghi

I could get the Tony's Hawk remakes for basically fuck all but I have so much already :messenger_grimmacing_ there were other things too I can get for like 6.99 but I don't need it right now doh, might buy some before sale ends for later on though.

Vagswarm

Good eye.

EGS_15DaysofGames_wrapped_1920x1080_day05_v03_1920x1080-2515e286161c3b2d1d81353df16d26f5

Mmmmm two swords and a round shield.
Damn, took me forever to find it. Was looking at the ribbon and tag, lol.

*It's a symbol / icon in the background, along with the candy cane, bomb, etc.

We know for sure that the "leaked" list was wrong. They even took down the post, lol.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Its actually fucking ace mate, its not very deep but you can make strategies and decimate the AI or you can just live in the moment and feel like a badass as well. Not sure how long it will remain fun but for pennies its worth it definitely. I played the demo on Steam.

OmegaSupreme OmegaSupreme Probably play with KB+M though (not sure it supports joypad actually), some of the guns have 100% perfect accuracy so its really fun to headshot tiny heads in the distance. Also doing this way you can control the speed of flips in the air more easily, otherwise you'll be beholden to the max speed of turning on the stick.

Basically you can just keep turning the view infinitely in the air and do front and backflips to shoot people below, above or behind you (while upside down haha).

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I could get the Tony's Hawk remakes for basically fuck all but I have so much already :messenger_grimmacing_ there were other things too I can get for like 6.99 but I don't need it right now doh, might buy some before sale ends for later on though.
There's a bunch of games I want, but I decided just to get THPS 1+2 remastered to start, and then wait to see if Steam winter sale runs soon. I didn't think Steam would have it any lower than $9.99 and I'm really glad I bought it. Hella worth $10 for the updated graphics and old-school nostalgia. Either way, the EGS sale goes through Jan. 6th, so there's time to decide.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

vpance

Loop Hero, nice. Never bothered to finish it though. Thought there would be more copy cats of it out there already.

Top Bottom