• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store - Winter Sale - Free Games Every Day, $10 Coupons Are Back

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm more of a Game Pass, Steam, GoG guy(in that order), but I always redeem the free games and occasionally buy games on sale using the coupon so I can use them on GeForce Now. I redeem them on 2 additional accounts for my sons, too. I'm well over 100, and they're around 80 each since I started later. Gonna add a nice batch of games coming up here. Epic is crazy giving away hundreds of games like that.

As for the sale, if the $10 coupon works on $14.99 and above I'm looking at getting Crysis Remastered and Metro Exodus for $5 each after coupon. Also THPS 1+2 and/or AC Origins Deluxe at $9.99 each after coupon is appealing. Maybe RDR2 at $20, I'm not sure though.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Far Cry 6 is already $30 on Uplay as it is with their bonus coupon. Crazy to do the launcher inception on this one. Shemnue 3 for free hard to pass up

Seriously, what was the experience like playing games at Epic? I get a lot of games for free on Epic, but haven't played them yet
I've got like...25-30 random games on there and the only one I remember ever giving me a hard time was RDR2 I believe?...Or maybe GTA V..I forget which one exactly but the EGS app and the Rockstar launcher hated me and my computer for about 2 weeks and then it started working lol

I‘m considering getting some games but on the other hand I don't know if epic has a back up plan like steam if they shut down the store. Makes me cautious to build a library there.

Kenpachii

I‘m considering getting some games but on the other hand I don't know if epic has a back up plan like steam if they shut down the store. Makes me cautious to build a library there.

I had the same feeling when steam started. Reality however is, games on PC are worth nothing after 2-3 years anyway, u can easily buy them back for almost nothing with sales or keysales and if its a problem u can always just get it back in other ways.

This kinda made the whole gog stance useless.

Banned
yeah the store is busted currently it seems

edit: eyyyyyyy it finally worked... let's see what the next game is gonna be

Last edited:

buenoblue

Seriously, what was the experience like playing games at Epic? I get a lot of games for free on Epic, but haven't played them yet

There's none of the community or mods on epic but for me rocket league runs so much smoother on epic than steam. Could be sabotage though lol.

The only difference is the client… games play same as they would on Steam lol.

the client/store isn’t as good as Steam but it aint terrible. It has improved a lot since it first came out and it keeps getting updates. People like to hate on Epic (I was one of them…) but Epic is Steams closest competitor right now. It’s the second best store/client on PC (imo).

Epic is my most used client these days. I have 7 games installed on Epic and 2 on Steam. If people want to stick with Steam then fine but I wish people would stop hating and at least try Epic. If you hate it at least you have tried it unlike most people it seems. I love Steam but competition is good and it’s weird to be a loyalist fanboy of a company.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Typical consumer logic, gives free games, free coupons, "wow store is good now improved." Once it stops, "ah its shit, I dont care about it! lulz". Just like kids to a free candy van.

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Rickyiez

Square Enix is damn stupid I realized . Had they released FF7R for $50 in conjunction with this sales to a discounted $40 , it will be printing money for them .

$40 * 10million is better than $60 * 5million . SquareEnix hire me please its basic economy 101

Paperboy

I can't add Shenmue 3 to my account, it says it is already in my library?!

I had the same problem before, but checked the store again and this time the "purchase" went through and I got a receipt in the mail. Be sure you've really got it before they switch out the free game today.

Paperboy

Only one I was looking at. shame.

I erased my PS4 save way back and I wanted to play the crossover story, was thinking about just buying this and downloading some endgame save for it. Not interested now without the coupon.

Odyssey has a free weekend at the moment on Ubisoft Connect.

Interfectum

Typical consumer logic, gives free games, free coupons, "wow store is good now improved." Once it stops, "ah its shit, I dont care about it! lulz". Just like kids to a free candy van.

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef
Pretty crazy how you are conditioned to blame the consumer for not wanting to use an inferior product long term instead of the multi-billion dollar company trying to lure them in with free shit and paid exclusives.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anyone hoping that rumored Chrono Cross remaster was going to suddenly appear for this discount? I actually use EGS almost every time I play on PC. I’m still indecisive on rather or not I should buy something.

I've only bought Hitman 3 from EGS. I don't really engage much with Steam other than to check out the store and launch the games, so in that context EGS works just fine. The Hitman 1 and 2 level migration from Steam to EGS was pretty painless too (while giving me about 100gb of my SSD space back) but maybe that credit should go more to the game Devs.

Gp1

I've only bought Hitman 3 from EGS. I don't really engage much with Steam other than to check out the store and launch the games, so in that context EGS works just fine. The Hitman 1 and 2 level migration from Steam to EGS was pretty painless too (while giving me about 100gb of my SSD space back) but maybe that credit should go more to the game Devs.

it's possible to migrate hitman 1-2 levels from steam to hitman 3?????

I have both 1 and 2 gold editions on steam. Maybe i'll buy the 3rd one on epic.

Interfectum

it's possible to migrate hitman 1-2 levels from steam to hitman 3?????

I have both 1 and 2 gold editions on steam. Maybe i'll buy the 3rd one on epic.
Just one thing to note... Hitman 3 is most likely coming to Steam mid-January if you wanted to keep the games on a single platform.

Castef

Banned
Just discovered that if you use the coupon in a purchase and select the wrong payment method (i.e. an obsolete one) the order is (obviously) not processed, yet the coupon is still consumed.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Kinda want to jump on for Inscryption and Guardians of the Galaxy, but I think I'll wait for the Steam sale and see if there's any similarities as that's my preferred platform. That said, I've bought plenty of games on the EGS and haven't had an issue with playing any of them to be honest, so if any of you are on the fence, I wouldn't really worry at all.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I was totally going to buy Alan Wake Remastered, but the store fucked up somewhere and when I logged back out and back in, it ate my coupon and no game, so I guess fuck you too, Epic Games Store.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just discovered that if you use the coupon in a purchase and select the wrong payment method (i.e. an obsolete one) the order is (obviously) not processed, yet the coupon is still consumed.
You should be able to fix this (get another coupon) by adding a free game to your account. Either the daily free game, or something like Genshin Impact should work too.

Vagswarm

From what I've been reading around the interweb, it sounds like Inscryption and Death's Door are the best deals by far. Hearing nothing but praise for both and they're only $5 - 6. Looks like I'll be getting those and Guardians of the Galaxy. Can also confirm that Disco Elysium is a great game and very funny to boot.

Might also get the Crysis Remastered Trilogy since I never played any of them, aside from whichever one was on the Xbox. It's only $30 with the discount.

It's a shame that Farcry 6 and Battlefield weren't well received because they're both only $30 as well. 🤦‍♂️

Vagswarm

There's some great deals in the later pages as well.

Days Gone is $20
Death Stranding is $11
Mafia: Definitive Edition is $10
Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning is $6
Borderlands 3 is $5
Jedi: Fallen Order is $5

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
There's some great deals in the later pages as well.

Days Gone is $20
Death Stranding is $11
Mafia: Definitive Edition is $10
Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning is $6
Borderlands 3 is $5
Jedi: Fallen Order is $5

Feel like they will give away Amular at some point

Top Bottom