• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store Tops $680m in Player Spending and Over 100 Million Users

Bkdk

That’s a pretty good number, consider most exclusives they got turn out to be mediocre games and still got60% higher than expected revenue, if they got 1 very good exclusive that number will be far higher. Congrats to them for their success. Hopefully they will money hat pc version of the SMT series and kingdom hearts next.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty good number, consider most exclusives they got turn out to be mediocre games and still got60% higher than expected revenue, if they got 1 very good exclusive that number will be far higher. Congrats to them for their success. Hopefully they will money hat pc version of the SMT series and kingdom hearts next.
That's not even remotely a good number.

Sygma

Borderlands 2 has sold 11 million+ on Steam so I think Gearbox are a bit disappointed with that number. But it's by far and away the biggest true Epic Store exclusive, so equivalent to 2 million $60 games sold across all the other games seems like an ok result to me.

absolutely cant compare lifetime sales of BL 2 to BL 3 as of yet tho

For all we know BL 3 sold faster than any of the other 3. Its around 5.4 million on ps4, 4.4 on xbox and 2 ish on pc

Stitch

Gold Member
Here I am spending absolutely nothing on the Epic Game Store and reaping the benefits in the form of the free games that they give away.
1hjr86xsqlvj6q.png

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
d that 18% accounts for 47% of EGS total gross earnings across the entire store...

Like I said the whole EGS illusion was a marketing assault, them com
Man there's literally no way to spin any of this into a positive, it's not possible.

Borderlands 3 has sold 18% of Borderlands 2, and that 18% accounts for 47% of EGS total gross earnings across the entire store...

Like I said the whole EGS illusion was a marketing assault, them competing with Valve was an illusion, they are a paper tiger. This science experiment by Tim Sweeney is a total disaster.
Borderlands 2 has sold 11 million in its whole lifetime, which was of almost 8 years.

The majority of those sales for 5 bucks or less. At least have a fair comparison

Top Bottom