• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games is "wholeheartedly" behind Nvidia's GeForce Now.

//DEVIL//

Fortnight Epic is free to play so that is good for epic since more user base and options to play the game .
Not the same can be said about paid game and a potential lost sale from other devs

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
It's always the most shady companies who never miss a PR opportunity to try and come off as the good guys.

These guys can't even get a shopping cart and achievements working on their interface but yet they are talking about this like it's some priority. I'm howling.

baphomet

Fortnight Epic is free to play so that is good for epic since more user base and options to play the game .
Not the same can be said about paid game and a potential lost sale from other devs

Well you have own the game to use it on GeForce Now so....

Reactions: GHG

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Game has to be bought on other store fronts first before it can be played on GeForce Now, so devs don’t even lose out on potential sales. Only makes sense to have your game be as reachable as possible!

Armorian

Banned
Doesn't mean shit when publishers are bailing out. Only ok working could service will be dead soon and some shit ones tied to publishers platforms will emerge, you will have to "buy" (rent) games again obviously.

I reckon most publishers don't even get what Geforce Now is.

OR they try to get a pice of the pie, while ALREADY eating the pie...

You don't get brownie points by staying on Geforece NOW.

You just get a "Fuck You!" by trying to pull out.

Am i only the one who wishes Fortnite would end today? Has there ever been a game that has created and reduced semi adults/ males to pubescent kiddies AND reach millions of viewers at the same time? Last time i checked, that was the pedo gameplan.

Ridaxan

I don't get why publishers are pulling out of GeForce now.

First you need to already own a license (or go an buy a license) of a game in order to rent a VM on GeForce Now in order to stream it.

There's guys in my office who has nVidia Shield's which they use as a gaming platform. They've bought a lot of games through the service (i.e. via GeForce now) on Steam and now they can't even use it on the platform.

Much ado about nothing. In fact they are actively LOSING out on sales by stopping their games from being played on it.

What lost sale? You do know that you need to own games to play them on Geforce Now, right?

//DEVIL//

What lost sale? You do know that you need to own games to play them on Geforce Now, right?
Of course I do . But the GeForce now by it self is a new platform that can be played anywhere or devices like the shield if I am not mistaken . And the publishers are not getting a cut from that . Which is why they are pulling from the store .

this doesn’t apply to free to play games since the more platforms the more revenue .

otherwise you need a license from the publisher and that by it self is money for them.

that’s how I see it anyway

Of course I do . But the GeForce now by it self is a new platform that can be played anywhere or devices like the shield if I am not mistaken . And the publishers are not getting a cut from that . Which is why they are pulling from the store .

this doesn’t apply to free to play games since the more platforms the more revenue .

otherwise you need a license from the publisher and that by it self is money for them.

People are actually buying games they would otherwise not buy because they can't run them. Geforce now increases sales.

Reactions: GHG

In this context the shield isn't a platform, it's just a box recieving a video stream. It'd be no different than if I decided to run the game on my own PC and stream that to a Shield. If you own a license that grants you permission to run the software you own a license that grants you permission to run the software. Where, when and how you decide to play it and on precisely whose hardware it's actually running is none of the publisher's business.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Extra points for attempting video game streaming, it's really remarkable when it works.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I mean, Valve doesn't mind either. But publishers are against it.
Yeah, Steam clearly didn't try to get them to take any games off, but some game publishers did. Epic gives the same "titles that choose to participate" speech but just decided to make a celebratory PR statement over it, where Steam just didn't even act like it's their decision, it's up to each game.

The fault lies with Nvidia, they had a good shot but allow publishers to fuck it up so they don't lose support for their GPUs and shit. They should make it clear it's like any cloud drive/onedrive/whatever service, they don't broadcast other company properties but just provide a remote gaming PC.

Publishers don't need to know whether the used PC is mine, borrowed from a friend, rented, whether it's in my house, at an internet cafe or on the other side of the world. It's still me using my accounts and licenses, it only allows more people to play (and so buy) the games in more situations.

Google and Microsoft and other cloud drive providers don't have to buy all movie and music broadcast rights if I store my own licensed content on there just to let me access it. Some game companies now putting EULA terms about cloud streaming and shit doesn't make it legally applicable.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
But but but epic was supposed to be the evil guy guise!??

what is happening :(
Haha :p
Epic played that beautifully (honest opinion), free games shut that mob up like after 1 week/month.
Now even Steam sales aren't posted around here anymore, but you'll find a shitload of free games on EGS threads.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Haha :p
Epic played that beautifully (honest opinion), free games shut that mob up like after 1 week/month.
Now even Steam sales aren't posted around here anymore, but you'll find a shitload of free games on EGS threads.
Word 😇

Top Bottom