• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games has possibly suffered a data exposure, over 106 million records including emails, usernames and possibly passwords

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Thank fuck I haven't bought anything on EGS and not planning too ever. You can take all free games I got there, they're worth nothing to me.

Last edited:

JCK75

Not possibly, I was alerted several days ago.
I have said this every time my distain for the EGS has come up, my #1 beef with them in how bad their security is and how many times in the past this has happened to me with them.
I refuse to be forced to use such a horrible platform and the fact games I want to play are going exclusive to this mess, infuriates me..

"it's just a launcher, use another launcher"
please stop using that stupid line now, this is about so much more than what launcher I have to use.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not possibly, I was alerted several days ago.

From Epic? Because it's been 72 hours and they have not confirmed it, which is against GDPR in the EU.

Saw one site saying this is possibly Norton and Identity Lock picking up data from the 2019 breach and it's not new.

JCK75

From Epic? Because it's been 72 hours and they have not confirmed it, which is against GDPR in the EU.

Saw one site saying this is possibly Norton and Identity Lock picking up data from the 2019 breach and it's not new.

Sorry no I was alerted by Identityguard,
This breach happened in late April and Epic is still silent.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Then it probably didn't happen because they're required by EU law to notify within 72 hours. Again, they're probably picking up data from the 2019 breach and just now reporting it because it entered their database in late April.

Not a single reputable site is reporting this. It's only on Era and 4Chan.

Schmick

I haven't been alerted and as someone has already said under GDPR any data breach must be reported within 72 hours.

Last edited:

JCK75

Then it probably didn't happen because they're required by EU law to notify within 72 hours. Again, they're probably picking up data from the 2019 breach and just now reporting it because it entered their database in late April.

Not a single reputable site is reporting this. It's only on Era and 4Chan.

You mean the hack that happened and was reported to them in November of 2018 and they were silent about it until January 2019? that was a long fucking 72 hours.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You mean the hack that happened and was reported to them in November of 2018 and they were silent about it until January 2019? that was a long fucking 72 hours.
Explain why not a SINGLE reputable source is confirming this.

JCK75

Explain why not a SINGLE reputable source is confirming this.

It could be old Data, I'm merely pointing out that last time it happened nobody confirmed it until 2 months after it happened..
Because Epic is a shitty, horrible company. Actually not only was it 2 months before they told one anyone, they took to 2 months to get around fixing the exploit that was used.

Last edited:

GHG

I don't know why anyone would leave their CC details with companies unless it's a subscription service that forces you to.

Also always use OAuth when given the option.

squarealex

43iv8l.jpg

Top Bottom