• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Game Store - Free game every week for the rest of 2019

Drake

I mean if they wanna give me free shit I'm not gonna say no. I already have the epic launcher on my computer, so it's not a big deal to me to sign on every once in a while to see what's free. I ain't buying anything from them though.

Reactions: 888
That's a lot of games. If some of them are good I might even download them. I've already bagged about 8 free games. Number of them I've played? Zero, obviously.

llien

Maan, where are GAF threads telling me to go grab a free game on epic store?
I'm very disappointed!

lifa-cobex

The devs are likely getting paid on a per-unit basis when these games are picked up for free on the Epic store.

NnNQ1XO.gif

So I just logged on to the store to see what the free game this week is. Kingdom New Lands. Never heard of it. I also see that they are offering £10 off of any purchase of a game priced at £13.99 and up? I imagine there are some serious strings attached to that.

I would rather bathe in acid then allow there garbage launcher on my computer. I have no respect for them after all the super shady and blatantly illegal shit they have done recently. The moment a developer announces exclusivity with Epic Games Store they're added to my shit list and I will never buy their games again - even if they came to Steam/GoG/etc. Fuck. That.

Ubisoft almost made it to that list, but at least you can get the game on uPlay which I honestly think was the point. They know people will opt to go to uPlay over EGS which has proven to be really successful for them so far.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nice try Epic, but I won't be using that launcher or store no matter what you offer me.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
I rather pay for ganes elsewhere than get those same games for free on Epic. I'm not into "dumping" tactics.

pr0cs

Fantastic, enter the gungeon is on my steam wish list. For free is much nicer.

No idea when I'm gonna play all these games but it's not the having its the getting isn't it?

Gungeon was my game of the year when it released. It's even better now with three full updates, getting it for free is pretty amazing.

Top Bottom