• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic boss Tim Sweeney is worth nearly $3 billion more than Gabe Newell, according to Bloomberg

EssKayZee

Did a thread title search before posting but found nothing relevant. Close the thread if it's already posted.

Source: PC Gamer

Bloomberg pegs Newell's current net worth at $4.34 billion, good enough for 385th place on the list of the world's 500 richest people, while Sweeney weighs in with $7.16 billion, putting him at position 192.

[...]It's an interesting reflection of Fortnite's runaway success that Sweeney hasn't just surpassed Newell's wealth, but that this is his debut appearance on the billionaire's breakdown.

Details on link.

Kadayi

Banned
What you're worth is what people are prepared to pay. Today Fornite might be super popular, but tomorrow who can say.

Hudo

Ray-traced flamethrower tech!
Now we're talking!

Man, that flamethrower in Unreal 2 looked soooooo goooooood. Unreal 2 had its flaws but I think it was still a solid game. But it wasn't as good as the first Unreal, which is still enjoyable today, IMHO.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Now we're talking!

Man, that flamethrower in Unreal 2 looked soooooo goooooood. Unreal 2 had its flaws but I think it was still a solid game. But it wasn't as good as the first Unreal, which is still enjoyable today, IMHO.

Completely agreed. I would jump on Unreal 3 in a heartbeat, based on nostalgia alone.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Weird to think Steam is still fully private, wonder if Gabes kids will become involved or if they’ll put it to auction.

Unreal co-op on gamespyarcade is my best memories of online play, and I wish they would stop fucking around also.

Last edited:
Weird to think Steam is still fully private, wonder if Gabes kids will become involved or if they’ll put it to auction.

Unreal co-op on gamespyarcade is my best memories of online play, and I wish they would stop fucking around also.
Gabe's son is a developer that works at another small studio.

Top Bottom