• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entertainment world affecting by rich china people

gatti-man

How long have you been waiting to get that shot in, salty boy? šŸ˜‚ Since September it seems. Pathetic.

I donā€™t like being told thereā€™s nothing to see here when people have already laid out the evidence and sol_bad sol_bad just continually handwaves it. He does this in every thread and itā€™s wearing thin. He keeps claiming ā€œitā€™s a creative decisionā€ and completely ignores the fact that creators are still beholden to their financiers. They arenā€™t completely free agents. Then thereā€™s things like Chinese product placement that just get shrugged away. How much evidence do you want? It seems like no matter what evidence is provided, youā€™ll just keep raising the bar.

Moreover, hard evidence isnā€™t the only thing you need to believe something to be true. Sometimes you make logical connections and extrapolations based on multiple things you know to be true, like I laid out in the post youā€™re whining about. How exactly is what I have suggested ā€œpie in the skyā€? Itā€™s so well known that even bloody South Park is making fun of the situation. I really canā€™t understand people like you who advocate for turning the global economy on its head to satisfy wild climate predictions but then want to sit and wait for the evidence on China. By the time the evidence meets your extraordinarily high bar, itā€™ll be too late.
This might blow your mind but I donā€™t even know who you are or that we have discussed stuff before. Just letting you know your arguing tactic doesnā€™t work and most people will just blow you off.

you also proved my point immediately btw lol.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
This might blow your mind but I donā€™t even know who you are or that we have discussed stuff before. Just letting you know your arguing tactic doesnā€™t work and most people will just blow you off.

Please donā€™t hesitate to blow me off, gatti-boy.

Papa

Banned
To believe China has no influence on film production and on scripts is moronic. Weā€™ve seen films shoot in China solely due to government pressure. Screenwriters have talked about studios catering scripts and changing ideas and marketing due to the Chinese market.

Either all of those people are lying, or sol_bad sol_bad is just being his usual obtuse sycophantic self. Iā€™ll go with the latter every time

This is exactly my point and why Iā€™m not playing sol_bad sol_bad ā€˜s handwaving game. He does it in every thread on these kinds of topics. Plays ignorant, deflects any evidence and just keeps raising the bar until you get tired of it and move on.

nush

Gold Member

Hey Papa Papa

Gatti-man:
29d.jpg

sol_bad

How long have you been waiting to get that shot in, salty boy? šŸ˜‚ Since September it seems. Pathetic.

I donā€™t like being told thereā€™s nothing to see here when people have already laid out the evidence and sol_bad sol_bad just continually handwaves it. He does this in every thread and itā€™s wearing thin. He keeps claiming ā€œitā€™s a creative decisionā€ and completely ignores the fact that creators are still beholden to their financiers. They arenā€™t completely free agents. Then thereā€™s things like Chinese product placement that just get shrugged away. How much evidence do you want? It seems like no matter what evidence is provided, youā€™ll just keep raising the bar.

Moreover, hard evidence isnā€™t the only thing you need to believe something to be true. Sometimes you make logical connections and extrapolations based on multiple things you know to be true, like I laid out in the post youā€™re whining about. How exactly is what I have suggested ā€œpie in the skyā€? Itā€™s so well known that even bloody South Park is making fun of the situation. I really canā€™t understand people like you who advocate for turning the global economy on its head to satisfy wild climate predictions but then want to sit and wait for the evidence on China. By the time the evidence meets your extraordinarily high bar, itā€™ll be too late.

At this point I realise you either have me on block, you are really bad at English or you aren't reading what I type properly.

I said very clearly that creatives don't always have freedom and this has been true for decades, way before China was ever involved. You have a 100+ million production, of course the studio and financiers are going to be protective. But you need to provide proof of China actually interfering. Dark Fate was co-fonanced by Tencent and was still rated R in America, probably censored in China though.

I know you love your conspiracy theories so you'll probably just say Miller is lying or he is a dick head. But he says China didn't influence anything.

So did this affect the development of Terminator: Dark Fate? Was their consideration to anything that Chinese audiences might like?

ā€œNot for a second,ā€ answers Miller, defiantly. ā€œWe assumed that Chinese audiences want to see the same thing that every audience wants to see, which is a good story well told

I also acknowledge that there has been Chinese advertising, just read between the lines. I mentioned that Transformers 4 last act was shot in China. You watch that movie and there is gratuitous Chinese marketing everywhere. But it's Michael Bay and he always has gratuitous advertising in his films.

Now when you say evidence, you have provided absolutely nothing. I mentioned IM3 and TF4 and a list of Tencent films that show China has impacted or been involved in Hollywood films. But they weren't impacted negatively.

Apart from saying China is building more cinemas, you need to provide proof of negative impact now. Apart from TF4 and that split second advert in Avengers 1, what other films have Chinese advertising?

To believe China has no influence on film production and on scripts is moronic. Weā€™ve seen films shoot in China solely due to government pressure. Screenwriters have talked about studios catering scripts and changing ideas and marketing due to the Chinese market.

Either all of those people are lying, or sol_bad sol_bad is just being his usual obtuse sycophantic self. Iā€™ll go with the latter every time

Please provide proof of films being shot in China due to "government pressure". Also links to screenwriters saying they changed things for China.

Last edited:

Monas

At this point I realise you either have me on block, you are really bad at English or you aren't reading what I type properly.

I said very clearly that creatives don't always have freedom and this has been true for decades, way before China was ever involved. You have a 100+ million production, of course the studio and financiers are going to be protective. But you need to provide proof of China actually interfering. Dark Fate was co-fonanced by Tencent and was still rated R in America, probably censored in China though.

I know you love your conspiracy theories so you'll probably just say Miller is lying or he is a dick head. But he says China didn't influence anything.

So did this affect the development of Terminator: Dark Fate? Was their consideration to anything that Chinese audiences might like?

ā€œNot for a second,ā€ answers Miller, defiantly. ā€œWe assumed that Chinese audiences want to see the same thing that every audience wants to see, which is a good story well told

I also acknowledge that there has been Chinese advertising, just read between the lines. I mentioned that Transformers 4 last act was shot in China. You watch that movie and there is gratuitous Chinese marketing everywhere. But it's Michael Bay and he always has gratuitous advertising in his films.

Now when you say evidence, you have provided absolutely nothing. I mentioned IM3 and TF4 and a list of Tencent films that show China has impacted or been involved in Hollywood films. But they weren't impacted negatively.

Apart from saying China is building more cinemas, you need to provide proof of negative impact now. Apart from TF4 and that split second advert in Avengers 1, what other films have Chinese advertising?

Please provide proof of films being shot in China due to "government pressure". Also links to screenwriters saying they changed things for China.
likewise most of people said that scarlet avenger is already shooted in china before avengers series , is it true ?

Damn, don't go mentioning the BBFC as a positive, they used to hack films to death to remove any violence. In the UK the Original Ninja Turtles movie cencored ALL scenes with Leonardo's Nunchucks for example. Flip side was they were more chill on sexual content, to a point.

No idea what they are like today.

This is off topic, but...

I believe the main reason for that was caused by the aftermath of Enter the Dragon. The UK saw many, many injuries after that film because so many people wanted to emulated the nun-chuck scene. Kids were tying broom handles together, twigs, logs, metal pipes, anything they could find and, inevitably, injuring either their heads or whacking themselves right in the knackers.

With how popular Turtles was over here, i think the censors had flashbacks and decided to not risk it. I could be talking out of my arse, though i'm fairly confident that this was the reason.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Itā€™s not that China is changing western stuff it is that the western companies care more about appeasing a violent regime than they do standing up for any supposed values of freedom. Donā€™t blame China blame the western companies willing to sell their soul for a quick buck.

nush

Gold Member
This is off topic, but...

I believe the main reason for that was caused by the aftermath of Enter the Dragon. The UK saw many, many injuries after that film because so many people wanted to emulated the nun-chuck scene. Kids were tying broom handles together, twigs, logs, metal pipes, anything they could find and, inevitably, injuring either their heads or whacking themselves right in the knackers.

With how popular Turtles was over here, i think the censors had flashbacks and decided to not risk it. I could be talking out of my arse, though i'm fairly confident that this was the reason.

That was probably blown out of proportion. How many kids actually watched the X rated Enter the Dragon from 1973 before home video was actually a thing? The barrier of actually making Nunchucks that worked would have been enough. Sounds now like an urban myth that people (old people) took seriously.

Upon a little research it seem UK "gangs" were using these weapons, or reported too. Anyway, it was bullshit.

That was probably blown out of proportion. How many kids actually watched the X rated Enter the Dragon from 1973 before home video was actually a thing? The barrier of actually making Nunchucks that worked would have been enough. Sounds now like an urban myth that people (old people) took seriously.

Upon a little research it seem UK "gangs" were using these weapons, or reported too. Anyway, it was bullshit.

Being from the UK and being told of first hand accounts of how people made the nun-chucks after watching Enter the Dragon, I can say, it wasn't bullshit.

The X rated version was shown in cinemas first. It was shown on TV. Then it was banned for many many years. I did see the uncensored version on TV around the turn of the millennium. I bought some foam training-chucks thinking, how hard can it be? After one wallop to the ball sack i retired by Kung-fu career.

nush

Gold Member
I'm from the UK mate. I'm pretty confident that the three TV channels available at the time didn't screen it until years later. It was a bullshit ban based on tabloid hysteria at best. Otherwise WWF for sure lead to more child injuries or darts, flick knives or catapults should have been banned.

I'm from the UK mate. I'm pretty confident that the three TV channels available at the time didn't screen it until years later. It was a bullshit ban based on tabloid hysteria at best. Otherwise WWF for sure lead to more child injuries or darts, flick knives or catapults should have been banned.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just telling you what I know.

WWF probably lead to more injuries, but you can't ban the WWF. Cutting a scene from a film is much easier to cut down a lot of injuries.

Flick knives and Catapults are banned.

Let's hope it changes it for the better. China does not do social justice politics

Did you not see all the hoopla over Hong Kong? China has their own form of social justice politics, it's just not America's. Which makes sense, because they aren't America.

Anyway to the OP, yeah that is the case with Hollywood and big-budget productions, but not with smaller independent works. But it's also interesting if you research the companies and people funding some of the crap that gets released in America (and only America). A good chunk of it comes from Chinese investors, oddly. Sometimes it feels like foreign-funded international cultural warfare.

Dip out of the conversation above? If you mean your post I didn't realise you had edited it with more content.

You completely ignored what I typed and the link I provided to Collider. Films are edited, censored and sanitized even when China isn't involved. America has one of the worst rating systems out there, no where near as robust as the AU or UK rating boards for example.

You could say that America's ratings are almost as bad as China. In China they remove any extreme violence and swearing, in America it's an automatic R, even if all the film has is 2 uses of the word fuck, show a tit and auto R. Meanwhile in Australia, kids can watch Joker, Logan and see titties. America is already extremely conservative as it is.

China can censor movies in their own country as much as they want and make Finn as tiny as they want on a poster. Just as long as they don't impact the western R release and so far they haven't.

Warcraft, Kong, Wonder Woman, Venom, Bumblebee and MIB International all co-financed and/or distributed by Tencent. I haven't heard of any interference from China during the production of these films.

As for creatives, they have told what to do for decades, way before China was ever involved. It all depends on the studio, the franchise and who the creative is. Movies get changed because the head honcho is a jack ass, as mentioned in the article about IM3.

I think you need to do more research into this. Fact is decisions from the CPC are starting to affect global releases. I remember some funky stuff with CS:GO a while ago where China wanted some stuff censored. If it was just for the Chinese version then cool, that was their loss. But the truth is that the developer ended up using the Chinese version as the baseline in future updates for the non-Chinese releases.

Blizzard has been actively caught bending the knee to China in enforcing certain censorship policies that have been noted by non-Chinese gamers and press, and have even affected Western releases of games. The whole thing with the skeletons in the new WOW was pretty clearly due to China, but there was a lot of spin about it being cut down due to resource drain (which didn't make a lot of sense; the original game featured it no problem and it was designed for hardware exponentially weaker than what we have today).

The thing about SWs posters and the Finn thing (which is actually worst than that; afaik they also digitally lightened him in the Chinese versions of the films. Like, significantly) is more due to exposing Disney's hypocritical aspirations of appearing "socially progressive", but only when it can net them money. Which makes a lot of the appeals they do for far-leftist types in the U.S ring hollow, since they clearly don't honestly believe in those ideals. If they did, they wouldn't have hastily thrown in a lesbian kiss at the end of Skywalker (and then have it removed in international releases). If they did, they wouldn't have literally suppressed ALL talk about the lead actress from the upcoming Mulan flick over here on progressive platforms, after she berated the Hong Kong protesters and mocked them senselessly.

Also you should look into Tencent more; they're behind arguably the biggest social credit system in China right now and have been working with the CPC on said system. They also own the largest social media platform in China and, again, work directly with the CPC in censoring anything they feel is unsuitable for their users, as well as firewall their users off from foreign social media networks. If companies like Google have to play ball with the CPC and censor their own platforms in hope of getting into China (and retroactively turning a lot of those features developed for the Chinese market back into updates for foreign (i.e Western) markets, something Facebook has done multiple times), what makes you think Tencent doesn't? They are more or less an extension of the CPC's political arm, just in the form of a corporation. You actually see this strong relationship between multiple governments and mega-conglomerates actually, I'm just focusing on Tencent and the CPC in this case.

It's literally this simple.

Couple that with the government having the ability to just shut things down whenever they want. So, you can't afford to piss of China, or your multimillion dollar movie might not even get a release if the politburo decides against it, shutting you out of potential billions of revenue.

Didn't seem to be a setback for Joker; made over a billion, very likely most profitable billion-dollar film ever, and never saw release in China.

Goes to show that Hollywood is relying on superficial (and, for lack of better word, ignorant) tastes of mainstream Chinese audiences to push out mediocre films there to sucker them for money since those tricks aren't working as well with Western audiences (example: what's "new" for a Chinese film fan in a current blockbuster Hollywood film, has probably already been experienced by the average American film fan since the '90s...provided they're the same age).

If they made genuinely good movies like Joker and treated Western audiences with some bit of respect in marketing them, they could see similar performance levels in America alone. Instead, they end up with tepid releases like Rise of Skywalker.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I already know about CS:GO, Blizzard, the Star Wars posters and Tencent.

The only issue out of them is CS:GO being censored worldwide and Blizzard because of the double standard they set. But that's the video game industry, not the movie industry.

Tencent's social network and Facebook/Google. Conspiracy theories and scare mongering at this point.

Star Wars post, it's smart business decision to make suitable advertising for the target market. Different countries require different marketing tactics. It's what you call culture. It's not hypocritical to market movies differently in different countries.

Don't think I'm some sort of China supporter or anything like that. I know the Chinese are having certain impacts in the western world. An example would be how the Chinese can buy houses, properties and apartments in Australia and do absolutely fuck all with it and let them appreciate in value. Then they sell it at a large profit.
That pisses me right off and is a far more serious issue than anything discussed in this thread. But this thread is about the movie industry.

I already know about CS:GO, Blizzard, the Star Wars posters and Tencent.

The only issue out of them is CS:GO being censored worldwide and Blizzard because of the double standard they set. But that's the video game industry, not the movie industry.

Tencent's social network and Facebook/Google. Conspiracy theories and scare mongering at this point.

Star Wars post, it's smart business decision to make suitable advertising for the target market. Different countries require different marketing tactics. It's what you call culture. It's not hypocritical to market movies differently in different countries.

Don't think I'm some sort of China supporter or anything like that. I know the Chinese are having certain impacts in the western world. An example would be how the Chinese can buy houses, properties and apartments in Australia and do absolutely fuck all with it and let them appreciate in value. Then they sell it at a large profit.
That pisses me right off and is a far more serious issue than anything discussed in this thread. But this thread is about the movie industry.

The Blizzard situation is valid in this discussion because the degree of tie-in between the gaming and film industries, especially these days, is very high. A lot of the issues we have seen with film insofar as problems between film companies and fandoms, disrespectful advertising and communication to fanbases etc. have also made their way into the gaming space. So the vice-versa is applicable and in fact has already been happening.

Handwaving the Tencent stuff is ludicrous. Here is a video that can get you started on seeing how debilitating China's social credit system actually is, and how companies like Tencent are directly involved (source is Mr. Enter; regardless how you feel about their cartoon reviews their Technocracy series was on-point):

Your position on the Star Wars bit is ironic considering it seems like you'd identify as a progressive, politically speaking. But I have seen a fair number of progressives only selectively choose what they are actually progressive about, which kind of betrays the point. Moreover, if it wasn't China that did this stuff but rather, say, Sweden or Norway, something tells me you'd outright call it racism. Yet because they're Chinese they get a pass? Either apply that standard to everyone or don't. Corporations love to use the idea of a "global economy" but only selectively enforce that, and average people (for various reasons) can't do the same. Which kind of shows who are really driving the idea of modern-day globalism (corporations and bankers).

And you can't even use the excuse of cultural unfamiliarity; if they are big consumers of things like the NBA (who btw have also bent the knee for the CPC, in case you are attempting to forget that) then you can't say censoring or altering of characters like Finn in major movies there is out of unfamiliarity of dark-skinned people. What you're supposing is to a financial reason is also tied to "other" reasons you'd think a company like Disney wouldn't support (and that you'd think supposed "progressives" on Western social media would question them on more), yet they do. Which just highlights how hollow their appeals at being supposedly progressive actually are.

People wouldn't bring it up if Disney simply didn't placate to certain far-left "progressive" types in the West (though the case can be made it is still an issue they'd let actors in their own films essentially be insulted in foreign markets with that level of doctoring), yet here we are. You call it business; everyone else calls it exploitation.

Claiming you aren't a supporter of China's CPC doesn't mean you don't ironically support them anyway. The fact you are upset about how Chinese bankers and peoples can shore up property in one location, yet completely handwave the CPC's various human rights violations, privacy invasion, tech espionage/sabotage, treatment of ethnic/religious minorities etc., just shows (sadly) what the typical Western "progressive" actually is these days. The fact so many of them pretend foreign nations don't do these things, yet rage on and on pointing out (often exaggerating) when that stuff happens in the West, is laughable. At least they are even allowed to voice their ridiculousness in the comforts of where they are; places like China would have none of it.

sol_bad

The Blizzard situation is valid in this discussion because the degree of tie-in between the gaming and film industries, especially these days, is very high. A lot of the issues we have seen with film insofar as problems between film companies and fandoms, disrespectful advertising and communication to fanbases etc. have also made their way into the gaming space. So the vice-versa is applicable and in fact has already been happening.

Handwaving the Tencent stuff is ludicrous. Here is a video that can get you started on seeing how debilitating China's social credit system actually is, and how companies like Tencent are directly involved (source is Mr. Enter; regardless how you feel about their cartoon reviews their Technocracy series was on-point):

Your position on the Star Wars bit is ironic considering it seems like you'd identify as a progressive, politically speaking. But I have seen a fair number of progressives only selectively choose what they are actually progressive about, which kind of betrays the point. Moreover, if it wasn't China that did this stuff but rather, say, Sweden or Norway, something tells me you'd outright call it racism. Yet because they're Chinese they get a pass? Either apply that standard to everyone or don't. Corporations love to use the idea of a "global economy" but only selectively enforce that, and average people (for various reasons) can't do the same. Which kind of shows who are really driving the idea of modern-day globalism (corporations and bankers).

And you can't even use the excuse of cultural unfamiliarity; if they are big consumers of things like the NBA (who btw have also bent the knee for the CPC, in case you are attempting to forget that) then you can't say censoring or altering of characters like Finn in major movies there is out of unfamiliarity of dark-skinned people. What you're supposing is to a financial reason is also tied to "other" reasons you'd think a company like Disney wouldn't support (and that you'd think supposed "progressives" on Western social media would question them on more), yet they do. Which just highlights how hollow their appeals at being supposedly progressive actually are.

People wouldn't bring it up if Disney simply didn't placate to certain far-left "progressive" types in the West (though the case can be made it is still an issue they'd let actors in their own films essentially be insulted in foreign markets with that level of doctoring), yet here we are. You call it business; everyone else calls it exploitation.

Claiming you aren't a supporter of China's CPC doesn't mean you don't ironically support them anyway. The fact you are upset about how Chinese bankers and peoples can shore up property in one location, yet completely handwave the CPC's various human rights violations, privacy invasion, tech espionage/sabotage, treatment of ethnic/religious minorities etc., just shows (sadly) what the typical Western "progressive" actually is these days. The fact so many of them pretend foreign nations don't do these things, yet rage on and on pointing out (often exaggerating) when that stuff happens in the West, is laughable. At least they are even allowed to voice their ridiculousness in the comforts of where they are; places like China would have none of it.

Mate.
I don't like how the government is run in China but it's not my country, I don't live there, it's not my fight.
Politics don't rule my life, I don't swing left or right. I have no idea where you are from but this thread is talking about western media, we can assume that primarily means America. I'm sure many Americans already have their side chosen and stick to it. Me personally, when voting comes around in Australia, I'll check both parties and what they have to offer the country and the area that I live in. I'll vote for whatever benefits the community, not myself. That's how I am.

Norway and Sweden can do whatever they want
No outsider should try and dictate how a country should be run. It's up to each individual country and it's citizens to figure it out.

I don't follow sport and know nothing about NBA.

I'm fairly positive the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker posters are the same in China as in America but not 100% certain. But going back to Force Awakens poster, you have absolutely no idea what Lucasfilms marketing team was informed about the Chinese market. You have no idea how their relations with the Chinese market works, the ins and the outs. China may have told them to make Finn smaller. Marketing is very expensive and a lot of time and planning goes into it. Ignoring advice from a country is basically the same as pissing into the wind, you'd be an idiot to do so.
"Yes, lets spend billions of dollars on marketing in a completely pointless and unappealing manner."
Perfect way to run a business.
Considering Black Panther did very well in China, I think Hollywood are realising that the Chinese aren't as "rascist" as they thought. Well, they are still racist, they hate the fuck out of Japan.

I just realised in your last post that you typed about China digitally lightening Finn in Force Awakens. Do you mean in the film itself or just the poster? If you mean the poster that's not true. If you mean film, can you show me?
Damn, you mentioned the lesbian kiss too, you do realise that it was the Singapore and the UAE's authorities that asked to have the kissing scene cut right? Disney didn't remove it themselves. Nothing to do with China.
And I have no idea what you mean about Mulan, press tours haven't started and marketing isn't in full affect for that film yet

And final thing about your previous post, Hollywood has been making generic sanitized PG13 films for decades way before China was a part of the equation.
You said that America needs to respect it's audience more? Is that by making more R rated films like Joker? Now I know that American and Australian cultures are very different but Joker is rated MA15+ in Australia and an 8 year old kid can watch it with their parents, same can be said for the majority of western countries. The first step to respecting it's audience is to overhaul the ratings system in America. All those PG13 films with little substance and lots of killing with no blood, all of those films could have potentially been on the same level of Joker if the ratings system was fixed. Films could have heavier and more thought provoking themes. They could show violence the way it should be shown. America is sanitizing it's own films to protect it's own kiddies and the annoying thing is that the main source of film comes from America so in a way the rest of the world is having to put up with the sanitized movies. A movie says "fuck" twice and it's automatically rated R? What stupid bullshit is that?
The rest of the western world can handle heavier themes and bloodier action, they let their kids watch it in the cinemas. America is holding the rest of the world back because of it's own views and culture.

Mate.
I don't like how the government is run in China but it's not my country, I don't live there, it's not my fight.
Politics don't rule my life, I don't swing left or right. I have no idea where you are from but this thread is talking about western media, we can assume that primarily means America. I'm sure many Americans already have their side chosen and stick to it. Me personally, when voting comes around in Australia, I'll check both parties and what they have to offer the country and the area that I live in. I'll vote for whatever benefits the community, not myself. That's how I am.

No outsider should try and dictate how a country should be run. It's up to each individual country and it's citizens to figure it out.

I'm fairly positive the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker posters are the same in China as in America but not 100% certain. But going back to Force Awakens poster, you have absolutely no idea what Lucasfilms marketing team was informed about the Chinese market. You have no idea how their relations with the Chinese market works, the ins and the outs. China may have told them to make Finn smaller. Marketing is very expensive and a lot of time and planning goes into it. Ignoring advice from a country is basically the same as pissing into the wind, you'd be an idiot to do so.
"Yes, lets spend billions of dollars on marketing in a completely pointless and unappealing manner."
Considering Black Panther did very well in China, I think Hollywood are realising that the Chinese aren't as "rascist" as they thought. Well, they are still racist, they hate the fuck out of Japan.

I just realised in your last post that you typed about China digitally lightening Finn in Force Awakens. Do you mean in the film itself or just the poster? If you mean the poster that's not true. If you mean film, can you show me?
Damn, you mentioned the lesbian kiss too, you do realise that it was the Singapore and the UAE's authorities that asked to have the kissing scene cut right? Disney didn't remove it themselves. Nothing to do with China.
And I have no idea what you mean about Mulan, press tours haven't started and marketing isn't in full affect for that film yet

And final thing about your previous post, Hollywood has been making generic sanitized PG13 films for decades way before China was a part of the equation.
You said that America needs to respect it's audience more? Is that by making more R rated films like Joker? Now I know that American and Australian cultures are very different but Joker is rated MA15+ in Australia and an 8 year old kid can watch it with their parents, same can be said for the majority of western countries. The first step to respecting it's audience is to overhaul the ratings system in America. All those PG13 films with little substance and lots of killing with no blood, all of those films could have potentially been on the same level of Joker if the ratings system was fixed. Films could have heavier and more thought provoking themes. They could show violence the way it should be shown. America is sanitizing it's own films to protect it's own kiddies and the annoying thing is that the main source of film comes from America so in a way the rest of the world is having to put up with the sanitized movies. A movie says "fuck" twice and it's automatically rated R? What stupid bullshit is that?
The rest of the western world can handle heavier themes and bloodier action, they let their kids watch it in the cinemas. America is holding the rest of the world back because of it's own views and culture.

Okay fair enough; I take some of that stuff back. The Finn stuff particularly; I have no proof they actually did that to him in the Chinese version of the films (or if they just altered the entire film like that, haven't seen their version), and the poster bit isn't as big a deal as some people were trying to make it (I think almost anybody would give Han Solo more real estate on that kind of poster than any of the ST characters who aren't Rey and fwiw Poe is barely on the poster in either version).

Granted also at the time I was learning about that stuff it was mainly coming from anti-SJW types who I suspect were sensationalizing certain parts about the poster changes to make it look like it was racism when it probably wasn't. And BP did do pretty well over there (I question how well it or any of the Marvel films have actually done though, with Disney under investigation for book-cooking but that's a separate topic). It was stuff like that which made me realize a lot of people in that scene like projecting their own bigotry on other parties similar to lots of SJWs tho, it's kinda why I left both scenes tbh.

But in regards to the other stuff, I still have to disagree mostly. My point with Joker wasn't to say it only got by due to being R-rated or having violence (tbh it's really not THAT violent compared to some of the '80s action movies like Robocop). I meant more in the sense that Joker didn't have marketing insulting potential viewers who were weary about the film, and didn't call people bigots or 'ists or the such (or sic journalists to do the same). It also didn't use the film as a social commentary for certain political ideology talking points (which would've invariably resulted in potential viewers being insulted). That's what it managed to accomplish, and that's a big reason why it performed as well as it did (plus it just being a well-made film).

You're overestimating how much senseless violence actually sells; the latest Rambo movie was full of ultraviolence but it didn't perform that well at the BO. People still want good characters and plot to go along with anything, otherwise it makes no sense. If anything, America's problem isn't with violence, but sexual depictions in media. Even mild romantic sex scenes with consenting adults in a marriage are off-limits generally, especially if they're in works that reinforce the importance of a nuclear family unit and Christian values. I would even say too much of American media these days focuses on increasing the amount of senseless violence and removing as many depictions of sexuality as possible (ESPECIALLY if they involve anything appealing to the "cis heterosexual male gaze", as some people like to put it).

termos

Banned
Mate.

HOLYSHIT SOL_BAD sir I already sent you a pm

The Chinese rich people
They spy me and collected many information from what I'm doing online
I always type "GTA IV" when i search google... And I often visits 4chan.org for fun stuff.
One day The 4chan.org their page start become "mystery"
promo "GTA IV" and We are on year 2017...
So that mean they paid 4chan
And theres many other internet stuff i find out
in same situation like 4chan.org
I won't tell all the weird stuff happen online there.

I said i host anonib on thebotnet ... then later it been take down lol.
I like to browse pewdiepie often too.
Pewdiepie said "I'm your host killer."
So the Chinese they paid pewdiepie too
I always use 3000 as my password for 10 years
You watched A4:end game?
Iron man said love 3000 time?
There's really really rich people in this conspiracy
My hometown people try spy my internet
Then post me to public try use public kill me for good
Because I try earn some money online
$5 amazon cards just from reward program
Funny they don't know what amazon is..
I find out these rich people from China they can connect to government directly
I'm talk about china rich people how they affect west entertainment
So now the government also knew me
1. Rich people
2. Government
3. How they affect west entrainment
So this will Blow Hollywood if many of actors find out Chinese rich try affect their movie just this stupid conspiracy
I mean
The hide signal across whole apartment access any phone and laptop even gaming console... Spy internet 24/7
This is a story about a small town In china

I need move to better place
Pewdiepie
He earn $5-10k per day right?
So if theres some people or group want control him
You knew how much you need to pay him.
I mean these rich people They can pay whatever they want hire anyone to laugh me.

termos

Banned
Sol_bad sir we should talk all my situation really soon
I hope
Sol_bad sir Personal
I want everything just be whatever they like in first place
I don't want rich people change things that good

I hope you understand
Include death stranding.

Last edited:

termos

Banned
This is your fight
Sol_bad sir plz help me
I mean this Thrones conspiracy somehow start blow to whole internet China
That's really bad bad
Chinese know nothing is life
They mostly just care about money and money.

There's one of my Skype contact said this sounds like Thrones conspiracy
And in discord some people also said my story is crazy and they don't want into this situation.
Lets face it People all Scary about it...
I mean since Chinese can paid 4chan.org
They can also pay neogaf member
Ahh....
My whole life is conspiracy
I find they rich Chinese can even control apple trailers...
Because I often download trailers too
This never end...

Last edited:

termos

Banned
Sol_bad sir you know why pewdiepie made a video said his house been stolen?
He knew my Skype chat everyday
He will be fine
He just doing what he need to do for living.
Awaiting your reply Sol_bad

termos

Banned
I don't know you termos termos .
I am very confused with what you are typing.
I'm not sure what you want me to do.
Correct
You don't know me
Im telling you I know all the reason
Why many popular west film
Some of their scene are so weird...
Make no-sense...

There's some powerful/rich people try put their idea to global entertainment marking.
Sorry about English
I really need one guy
Just one GAF that understand Chinese language.

So he can help me write better English too
I already find one but hes not from neogaf

Sol_bad sir you plz read and read my post
Later you will understand.

Last edited:

termos

Banned
I tell some of people I kind of want blow whole thing out in my Skype
Since chinese rich knew my whole internet spy situation.
they just tell pewdiepie made that house stolen video
Because if this situation blow to public
People will be shocked
How Chinese change their entertainment.

Papa

Banned
Itā€™s not that China is changing western stuff it is that the western companies care more about appeasing a violent regime than they do standing up for any supposed values of freedom. Donā€™t blame China blame the western companies willing to sell their soul for a quick buck.

I think itā€™s both

termos

Banned
termos termos I donā€™t think sol_bad sol_bad can help you. You should send a pm to Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity instead. He can help you fight China.

Its not about fight to China

China got nothing to do with this situation

I already said

"Personal

I want everything just be whatever they like in first place

I don't want rich people change things that good"

I remember I said pewdiepie can do whatever he want

So these Chinese rich try show me

Even pewdiepie can't do anything he want...

I hope you understand.

Sir

termos

Banned
Take it to the GAF Poetry OT guys.

You seriously bro?
I have all the info back up
If we blow whole thing out
This includes
Google
Youtube
Amazon
Etc
Etc

All these thing happens
Because just my stupid spy conspiracy.

Some group will pay us if people start understand it
Its not about western companies willing to sell their soul for a quick buck
Yes they do sell
But if you start understand all the hide secret in these entertainment thing
You will feel not cool at all..

termos

Banned
I must admit this
Before 2017 everything going so well when China try affect west entertainment

Now
Many of popular entertainment
Start begin weird...

People start put their own idea to film production
I mean "a lot"
We need blow this to bring quality production back
Nush sir
Why you use Japanese as your profile image
When my story start blow to whole china internet
Spy my internet 24/7
Spy my house 24/7
People yalling on street because they hate me
On internet people discuss many Japan stuff.

I mean the whole situation start
Become discuss which country which culture is better
You know why pewdiepie made many videos travel Japan?
Ha ... someone try control him make videos

termos

Banned
Money equals power and influence.

I must tell you sir
This is not about for make better video game or something
They paid kojima production
Put some of their idea that I can note/understand
Because
They want me to knew it
That they can change everything in this world

Like use pewdiepie to make videos laugh me
I already said I won't tell more detail there
I need someone help me that's all

termos

Banned
Oh I'm not gay, but I'm flattered.
Alright sir
My story includes many movie stars
I mean them self didn't note anything about their film story script.
This is very interesting
First I note these weird stuff is later 2017 then 2018 / 2019
I believe 2020 there still a lot of movie
Will shocked me

You knew why hellboy 2019 at very end of film
Actors start talk to she like cat?

I mean the the whole movie is about bellboy fight with enemy save his female friend and kill bad boss. There's no any cat in film.

termos

Banned
it chapter 2 you know why McAvoy can't talk to people correctly
In film?
Because in reality
I always stutter on my words when I get nervous/angry.

So there's some powerful group try put their idea
To these film
From one extreme rich persion's order
Just like pewdiepie
He is following order too

Last edited:
Top Bottom