• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English FA launches diversity code to increase BAME and female representation

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Football clubs will be required to meet a recruitment diversity target of 15% in new executive jobs and 25% in coaching roles under a code devised by the Football Association.

The Football Leadership Diversity Code aims to tackle racial inequality in the English game.
It also hopes to increase the number of female coaches in women's football.

Paul Elliott, head of the FA's inclusion advisory board, says the new code will "hold football to account".

"This isn't about tokenism, this is about equal opportunities. To be the same as everyone else.

"What really inspired me to create the code was a comment from Raheem Sterling, when he said he looks up to the directors and senior leadership and doesn't see people like him.

I do first agree that there isn't much diversity at the top of the game and in the bord rooms, however.....

Call me old fashioned, but I think the best person should get the job, regardless of their skin colour or what's between their legs. Forcing it seems wrong and I wonder if people will lose their jobs over this......

....or am I wrong and Is this my unconscious racial bias? I don't know anymore. I want a fair world for all, but forcing it doesn't seem right, unless there was clear, cut evidence that white men were being picked over BAMEs and Women because of gender/race.

Seraphym

Out of interest I am curious to know what methodology was used to get the percentages?

It does mention new hires, so I imagine it will take a while to filter through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom