• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

England has the clap

Bullet Club

Sexually transmitted superbug warning as infections soar 26% in a year

STD diagnoses in England rise 5 per cent in 2018, but jump in gonorrhoea a particular concern after cases untreatable with frontline antibiotics, PHE says

Gonorrhoea diagnoses in England have risen to their highest level for 40 years and jumped 26 per cent since 2017, sparking warnings from health chiefs about the threat from drug resistant strains.

Public Health England figures show there were 447,694 sexually transmitted infections diagnosed in 2018, a rise of 5 per cent in a year.

The biggest increase was in gonorrhoea where there were 56,259 cases diagnosed, 14,000 more than in 2017.
Experts warned about the UK’s first case of “super-gonorrhoea” a year ago, although the man was eventually cured it required extensive treatment with a cocktail of drugs usually held in reserve for the most serious infection.

“This is of concern given the three cases of extensively drug resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae identified in England in 2018,” PHE warned.

“The number of gonorrhoea diagnoses in 2018 was the largest annual number reported since 1978, since 2009, gonorrhoea diagnoses have risen by 249 per cent (from 16,141 to 56,259), mostly due to increases among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (referred to collectively as ‘MSM’).”

Sexual health groups have warned about the damaging impact of repeated government cuts to sexual health programmes.

These disproportionately hit some groups, including young people, black ethnic minorities and MSM.

While testing, at clinics and online, rose 7 per cent, the latest figures show that testing through the National Chlamydia Screening Programme, aimed at 15-24-year-olds who are at highest risk, has fallen more than 22 per cent since 2014.

Testing fell again, by 1 per cent, last year but the number of chlamydia cases rose by 2 per cent since 2017, with roughly one in 10 tests resulting in a positive diagnosis, 131,000 infections in all.

Syphilis and herpes cases also continued to rise, jumping 5 per cent and 3 per cent respectively.

“The continuing escalation in gonorrhoea and syphilis diagnoses must be addressed as an urgent health priority, otherwise there is the potential for devastating consequences to the wellbeing of the wider population and the health system as a whole,” said Dr Olwen Williams, president of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV.

“Recent years have unfortunately however seen severe and damaging cuts to sexual health service funding, jeopardising our ability to meet these challenges at a critical time.

“The workforce issues currently being experienced have left the sector at breaking point.”

Cases of genital warts fell by 3 per cent, to 57,318, and halved in 15-17-year-olds, because of the routine vaccination of school age girls against the human papillomavirus (HPV).

Dr Gwenda Hughes, head of STI surveillance at PHE, said: “The rise in sexually transmitted infections is concerning. STIs can pose serious consequences to health – both your own and that of current and future sexual partners.

“No matter what age you are, or what type of relationship you are in, it’s important to look after your sexual health. If you have sex with a new or casual partner, make sure you use condoms and get regularly tested.”

Source: Independent

Super Gonorrhoea, I think he's in the next Godzilla movie.

J-Roderton

“The number of gonorrhoea diagnoses in 2018 was the largest annual number reported since 1978, since 2009, gonorrhoea diagnoses have risen by 249 per cent (from 16,141 to 56,259), mostly due to increases among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (referred to collectively as ‘MSM’).”

Why is that?

Breakage

Is anyone surprised? Britain in general is a shameless nation these days. Very little is beyond the pale in this country.
Just look at how Brits behave abroad in places such as Magaluf:

NSFW:

The worst thing is they are proud about it.

giphy.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The US isn't that far off lads. It still boggles my mind how people don't just wear a rubber and go down on questionable Arby's meat.

Is anyone surprised? Britain in general is a shameless nation these days. Very little is beyond the pale in this country.
Just look at how Brits behave abroad in places such as Magaluf:

NSFW:

The worst thing is they are proud about it.

Oh it's not just Brits I went there when I was 22 with some friends just finished my service in the army and found Norwegians are just as insane over there, but after my time in the army I had matured a bit and honestly had no interest in the party scene and just relaxed with a beer while my friends went apeshit.

Magaluf and Ibiza are filled with folks like this and frankly you will be disgusted I have not been back since that trip and no intention of ever going back.

somerset

The use of STD propaganda is the age old trick used by the middle classes to (hopelessly) tell the working classes to cut down on sex.

When AIDS was 'new', brit propaganda pushed in *all* the newspapers told brits the rate of AIDS infection in the UK in *straight* people had 'exploded'. The truth was this...

Britain was actively recruiting a sh-t-ton of female nurses from Africa, and 100% of those so-called 'new' AIDS cases were discovered in those african women. See how the filthy deep state works? The OP article is the same old, same old.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
The use of STD propaganda is the age old trick used by the middle classes to (hopelessly) tell the working classes to cut down on sex.

When AIDS was 'new', brit propaganda pushed in *all* the newspapers told brits the rate of AIDS infection in the UK in *straight* people had 'exploded'. The truth was this...

Britain was actively recruiting a sh-t-ton of female nurses from Africa, and 100% of those so-called 'new' AIDS cases were discovered in those african women. See how the filthy deep state works? The OP article is the same old, same old.

I'm not sure about your "trick to tell the working classes to cut down on sex" theory. But I will say that there has always been a propaganda element around the AIDS thing in the first world. They tried so hard to be "egalitarian" and insist that non-drug using heterosexuals were at real risk despite all the statistics to the contrary.

Breakage

Oh it's not just Brits I went there when I was 22 with some friends just finished my service in the army and found Norwegians are just as insane over there, but after my time in the army I had matured a bit and honestly had no interest in the party scene and just relaxed with a beer while my friends went apeshit.

Magaluf and Ibiza are filled with folks like this and frankly you will be disgusted I have not been back since that trip and no intention of ever going back.
But do the Norwegians elevate and celebrate trashy behaviour in their own country? Here in Britain they make TV programmes out of Brits (English people in particular) behaving disgracefully abroad.

Which other western European country produces revolting scenes of mass drunkeness and degraded public behaviour like this:

Britain leads the way when it comes to trash culture.

Last edited:
But do the Norwegians elevate and celebrate trashy behaviour in their own country? Here in Britain they make TV programmes out of Brits (English people in particular) behaving disgracefully abroad.

Which other western European country produces revolting scenes of mass drunkeness and degraded public behaviour like this:

Britain leads the way when it comes to trash culture.

Well we do have Paradise Hotel and Love island and ex on the beach were people are basically acting like morons.

Also having been too Newcastle on a bank holiday it seemed pretty familiar to what I went through growing up in Oslo.

Last edited:
Norway has versions of those programmes. too? I didn't know that.

Yes we do and people who act the way in the news articles you posted are usually what britain would describe as .... chavs lower middle class in Norway in britain working class.

Last edited:
If you ever get the chance ..watch a show called embarrassing bodies
while it does have a fair bit of things that cant be helped there is a large chunk of episodes where someone has stuck their dick or being stuck by a dick with some disease and they come into the clinic

Could explain the rapid drop in fertility and testosterone in the west. The clap basically kills your balls and turns you into a bitch.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
It’s happening in Canada too. Makes me glad I’m out of the dating scene. I can’t imagine the numbers of doctors I would have had to see if I was still doing what I did then.

I think the “AIDS Crisis” did enough back then to scare us into being smart about sex. Now you barely hear about HIV and they all think it’s nothing a couple pills won’t fix for the rest of the diseases.

It’s downright disgusting, in my opinion.

Last edited:
It’s happening in Canada too. Makes me glad I’m out of the dating scene. I can’t imagine the numbers of doctors I would have had to see if I was still doing what I did then.

I think the “AIDS Crisis” did enough back then to scare us into being smart about sex. Now you barely hear about HIV and they all think it’s nothing a couple pills won’t fix for the rest of the diseases.

It’s downright disgusting, in my opinion.
Remember, boys, flies spread disease.

So keep yours closed.

I am not in favor of puritanism and have no problem with people who enjoy sleeping around but for goddsake use protection noting wrong with sex but idiots who bang random people without protection is the issue.

So basicly safe sex is fine banging a random girl without protection bad.

Top Bottom