• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endling - Official Gameplay Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Endling shows off gameplay in this new trailer for this touching game, as showcased during Guerrilla Collective 2021. In Endling, it is your mission to safely guide a fox mother, the last of her kind, and her three vulnerable cubs through the dystopian future of an exploited Earth, where there is barely enough room or food for them to survive.

Looks a beautiful game

Zannegan

The art's nice, but the gameplay looks like a 2D walking sim. There's just one path as far as I could see, and everything on it looks contextual. Not my jam, I'm afraid.

And, as a sales pitch, this certainly could have done without the heavy-handed narration.

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't understand why this video is such a blurry mess, doesn't do it justice

KDeD7Sz.jpg

Such a cool project, really asking for polished and precise animation which is where small studios often cut some corners... So far so good.

Not sure how linear this is but if it's linear as in little nightmares / inside / unto the end I'm definitely in.

Would love to see this on gamepass.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Become the last mother fox on Earth and protect your cubs from a harsh world and its devastated environments in Endling - Extinction is Forever. Coming to Nintendo Switch in Spring 2022.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We promised you an awesome "Endling - Extinction is Forever" - and we promised it very, very soon. Well, we at HandyGames tend to fulfill our promises.

As the last mother fox on Earth, your cubs need all your care to survive in a merciless world that slowly destroys itself. You have to help them, teach them and save them. And you should never forget that extinction is forever.

Use the cover of night to stealthily guide your litter towards a safer place. Spend the day resting in an improvised shelter and plan your next movement carefully since it could be the last for you and your pups.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Will a mother fox manage to keep its little cubs alive?

Experience a world ravaged by mankind through the eyes of the last fox on Earth in this eco-conscious adventure.

Discover the destructive force of the human race, as it corrupts, pollutes, and exploits the most precious and valuable resources of the natural environment day by day.

Explore various 3D side-scrolling areas and defend your tiny furballs, feed them, watch them grow up, notice their unique personalities and fears, and most importantly, help them to survive.

Use the cover of night to stealthily guide your litter towards a safer place. Spend the day resting in an improvised shelter and plan your next move carefully since it could be the last for you and your cubs.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Would love to see this on gamepass.
Is this because you think the studio would get more exposure/players/release coverage (read: money) if their game was part of gamepass or because it would be quick/easy* to try out if you already had a sub to the service?

*edited for clarification

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Is this because you think the studio would get more exposure/players/release coverage (read: money) if their game was part of gamepass or because it would be quick/easy* to try out if you already had a sub to the service?

*edited for clarification
I already tried it out as a demo with a very positive impression so the former. It's a tiny studio and releasing a furry adventure game on the same day as Stray didn't help them getting noticed

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Endling - Extinction is Forever isn't for everyone. That's not because it's a particularly hard game to play or because it's mechanically complex- no, in terms of gameplay, it's actually really quite accessible and easy to get into. Its oppressive world and brutal story, however, might not be the sort of escapism that everyone looks for when playing a video game.

If, however, you're on the lookout for a short, well-told, uniquely captivating experience, Endling is well worth checking out. At roughly three or four hours long, its $29.99 price tag might seem a bit steep, but if you're the sort of player that can forgive a game's brevity because of its quality, Endling is certainly not lacking in quality.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Endling – Extinction is Forever for PS5 will be a completely new experience in terms of how to play this critically acclaimed indie game. Players can dive deeper into the world and can feel and hear what’s happening around them with full DualSense support. Graphics and performance have been improved as well, to deliver the best possible version of “Ending – Extinction is Forever”.

This beautiful 3D- side-scrolling survival adventure let me explore and discover the destructive nature of the human race. I experienced a world ravaged by us humans through the eyes of an animal that corrupts, pollutes, and exploits the most precious and valuable resource we have – our planet. I fed the cubs, watched them grow up and noticed their unique personalities and fears, and – most importantly – helped them survive.

Top Bottom