• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emirates 777 - Crash land at DXB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagamorph

Crew Scream 'Leave Bags' As Jet Catches Fire

Flight crew shout at travellers rummaging in overhead lockers to leave their possessions and escape the burning plane.

Cabin crew screamed at passengers trying to grab their belongings to "leave your bags" as an Emirates jet caught fire on the runway at Dubai.

Phone footage shows chaotic scenes as passengers jostle to open overhead lockers after the plane crash-landed on Wednesday.

"Leave everything, leave everything, leave the bags!" shouts a member of crew as he commands passengers to jump down the emergency slide.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

caramac

Someone captured the moment the plane came to rest, you can see one of the engines is more or less detached.

t7IUQt7.gif

Orbis

Incredible testament to the evacuation procedure that nobody on board was killed. Exceptional work by the crew. Especially when the plane ended up like this:
_90627254_mediaitem90627250.jpg

Frustrating that people still tried to get their luggage, but to be honest that just means people who you can barge past and get to the slide before them.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It's amazing that all the passengers and crew survived, I imagine there's a lot of engineering behind the fact that so many people can walk away from a crash/fire like that.

danowat

Banned
It's amazing that all the passengers and crew survived, I imagine there's a lot of engineering behind the fact that so many people can walk away from a crash/fire like that.

the 777 is built like a tank, but isn't heavy, it's an amazing piece of aviation engineering.

I wonder how the new generation of composite aircraft would have handled such a "landing"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Incredible testament to the evacuation procedure that nobody on board was killed. Exceptional work by the crew. Especially when the plane ended up like this:
_90627254_mediaitem90627250.jpg

Frustrating that people still tried to get their luggage, but to be honest that just means people who you can barge past and get to the slide before them.

There's video at that sky link, it definitely seems people were panicking a bit and trying to squeeze past people who were stupidly stopping to try and get down their luggage. I would be too.

farmerboy

The Passengers and crew evacuated the aircraft in 45 seconds.
[AL Arabiya]

Obvious bullshit once you see the vid of passengers trying to grab luggage instead of, you know, EVACUATING. Can not believe the wilful neglect in following safety procedures and direct orders to leave luggage behind. I am in total disbelief to be honest.

One person was reported dead, one of the fire crew on the ground.

God those people trying to get their bags, I hate every single one of them. It's almost like they haven't realised the plane has crash landed and is on fire. How dumb do you have to be as I bet it wasn't a super smooth peaceful landing.

If your bag is in front of you for some reason, fair enough but to stop and try to carefully get it out of the luggage racks is beyond stupid. It's why I always try to be near a door and calculate how many people I have to get past because those aisles are not that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom