Eminem's Best Verse of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
black_13 said:
Have to say that compared to most song lyrics today, Eminem's songs are definitely a giant leap higher.

Especially any other main stream rap that you compare him too, it all just pales in comparison.

Rubbish.


My mindstate rewinds wakes
And fast-forwards bullets makin'a B-line for my face
Then they stop like Neo
Laugh at me throw some cash at me then fly pass me
But one ricochette off the wall to come ask me
Am I scared of him or the "nigga that blast me"
Or maybe just the hammer that goes to be a hole in an innocent bystander
My eye's a camera my ear's a microphone
My mind is Pro Tools my head is a stool
Whats recorded in my dome gets reported when I zone
My mouth is a speaker I'm anchoring the misery
There's no friends my enemy of my enemy is my enemy
Beekers and test tubes full of memories
In my labatory I create stories
Doze off then wake up surrounded by Forties
Wit glocks tucked in they labels
And they caps is baseball hats
Playin poker at a table
Cigarrets massage they shoulders in belly tops showin off they navels
A dime sack side bets, a tech is runnin' for president
Jesus pieces walk around with niggas hangin from they necks
Monoploy is playin' chess
I just picked up an obituary of a bullet proof vest
Put the headphone on my mouth speak into my ears
Yea microphone check, check, check, check, check
Check, a pair of Air Forces told me Rims've been extinct for years
Been ethnic cleansed by Jersey's tryna take over the set
And Television is on deathrow for killing BET and MTV over a dice game
And paralyizing CNN for knifing him in the neck
I hear Clear Channel's been fightin him in the rec
Who's in for givin' grape Kool-Aid laced wit STRY 9 to Mixtapes and arm robbin cassettes
Dope told me Weed was a crack fiend but Crack told me Dope was a base head
Hi-hats told police he was just a soldier he did what the Bass said
The Snare and the Kick didn't make it out alive
The Sample made it out with some money but he died in the ride
The 808 got caught wit some work (He ain't never comin' home)
So the MPC's and the MP3's is fightin over his turf
Sean Don just gave birth
But she's thinkin' bout leavin it on the doorstep of a church
Cristal can't have kids she plottin' to kidnap it that she orchestrated with a purse
But Gucci told Fendi and Fendi turned and around and told Henny
And Henny is Moets baby's father
But she tried it anyway disguised as nurse
In the newspapers it says "Hip-Hop called Rock n Roll racist"
The Six ripped the Five and the Maybach taped it
A Hundred dollar bill just signed a record deal
But blew all his money on the Braceletes
And givin' the Gold Dollar a face lift
A Button Up just drove by in a 6-4 Impalla
All the Rolex's is hatin' you see the smirks on they faces
The Havatampas is defending the Dutches they keep catchin cases
But the judge is a Swisha he just give em iBonds and community service with the Papers
so the Newport's is gettin mad at the ZigZags then out come the razors
See the Kool's is killers on the creep
Rush up on the Philly, leave his guts spillin on the street
Some Gold Grills burned down a building of some teeth
Some Sharpened Tooth Brushes is holding the trampoline cuz some children finna to leap
I just seen Rocawear rock Sean John to sleep with the same heat that Baby Phat carried
Sprint is pimpin Nextel she just gave head to a Black Berry...
I heard she go two-ways
But he was skeetin on her face as it was beepin on my waist
This is the mind of Lupe
Just make sure my mic's on when I Twilight Zone, Zone, Zone, Zone



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOA31IPszE


No em track comes close to this.

Other example is the second verse on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHPUWoxTv9k

Or this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

Don't get me started on nas examples. Verbal intercourse>>>> eminems life
 

Angry Fork

Member
BaltimoreLarry said:
This

Eminem stopped being good 7 years ago.
This. I could write so fucking much about this topic but I'm not going to bother. Everything from 2004 and on has been a steady decline. The worst possible fall from grace imaginable. Dude is surrounded by yes men that won't tell him when his shit sucks.

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Lupe? Seriously? lol I could name 10 emcees that are better than Lupe including Em.

edit - And you said Jay was better than Em too lol. Wut.
 
Angry Fork said:
This. I could write so fucking much about this topic but I'm not going to bother. Everything from 2004 and on has been a steady decline. The worst possible fall from grace imaginable. Dude is surrounded by yes men that won't tell him when his shit sucks.


Lupe? Seriously? lol I could name 10 emcees that are better than Lupe including Em.

There are many MCs better than Lupe overall, that's not the point I'm making. in overall versitility, em might be one of the greatest, if the not the greatest of all time.

As an writer however, outside of hooks, lupe shits on em. And yes, Jay has had some peak moments where his writing outclasses em's, especially if you take the time to mine for the hidden references and double entrandees (sp?)

Em's strengths are his multi's and his flow. One of the reasons you think em has been on a steady decline is because he lays back on the multi's in his recent stuff and works more on flowing on the track, a wise decision considering some of the most successful in the game today I.e lil Wayne and rick Ross , get away with garbage lyrics but damn near perfect flows. He is just matching the needs of his audience.
 

TheOddOne

Member
coldvein said:
what's cool about this thread is that 80% of it is solid blox of incredibly well written words.. whereas the actual hop thread is just LOL STANS F U MIXTAPE MIXTAPE WHO CAREs
Smh.
 

Kinyou

Member
Angry Fork said:
Lupe? Seriously? lol I could name 10 emcees that are better than Lupe including Em.
The ones that are so good that we probably never heard of them?

 

LegoArmo

Member
Em, Lupe and Nas are probably my 3 favourite rappers alive. People saying Eminem fell off though, he's never released anything as bad as Lasers and Nas's best album was released 17 years ago, you could argue he hasn't released a great album in 10 years.

Talent is still there with all 3 of them though.
 
I never responded to the "boohoo I'm rich but hated" routine; but to his credit he talks about it a lot less than other rappers, who can't seem to write a rap song unless it's about them being awesome despite these "haters".

I've been very selective when it comes to rap, mainly because of how cheaply and lazily I feel a lot of the songs are put together. Eminem, I've felt, has always been the exception to that, putting an extra effort into his songs and making his verses connect.

"Stan" was the first rap song I encountered that I could give to my mom and she would "get it".

That's more impressive than any single verse he's ever wirtten
 

goodfella

Member
Comparing Eminem to Newton or Einstein?

He is good at writing verses and hooks, not some sort of genius/god like figure.

Anyway, he is in no way the best rapper active today, let alone the greatest of all time. And that is without regarding his current form.

Recovery was so fucking bad, I would rather listen to Encore all the way through.

Edit: Also, its kinda nuts to see that he is only one year younger than Snoop Dogg.
 

effzee

Member
goodfella said:
Comparing Eminem to Newton or Einstein?

He is good at writing verses and hooks, not some sort of genius/god like figure.

Anyway, he is in no way the best rapper active today, let alone the greatest of all time. And that is without regarding his current form.

Recovery was so fucking bad, I would rather listen to Encore all the way through.

Edit: Also, its kinda nuts to see that he is only one year younger than Snoop Dogg.

See I thought this thread would devolve into some pissing contest and I wanted to avoid debate and just sit back and enjoy some of best verses he has put out but this post just really irritated me.

Encore better than Recovery? Holy crap Batman. Parts of Encore, the parts where the drugs didn't eat his brain, are quality songs but half the album is him doing weird accents, fart noises, and poop jokes. He went from The Eminem Show to Big Weenie.

Seriously I understand when people say Recovery isn't his best work but saying its worse than Encore? Only thing Encore has over Recovery is that he isn't yelling every track.
 

Jay Sosa

Member
LegoArmo said:
Much prefer him over beats like the ones on The Slim Shady LP (or the EP which is great too) though. Production was Recovery's biggest weakness, in my opinion.

He was a lot funnier back in the day too. As The World Turns is genius. And his voice, that's been getting worse over the years to the point where he sounds like he's straining his vocal chords.

Lyrics are still up there with the best of them though.

couldnt agree more, he still has the capability to write good stuff but his yelling and ridiculously bad beat selection make it hard for me to like his new stuff.

he raps over a haddaway song for fucks sake! thats like sampling nsync or the backstreet boys...

the day he stopped taking pills and shrooms was the day i lost interest. i mean yeah he had to grow up someday but he was the only mc telling hilarious stories over funky beats. nowadays hes standing in a cornfield with a generic rnb bitch singing awful hooks. at least he got rid of that fake accent, even though i prefer that over the screaming.
 

effzee

Member
Jay Sosa said:
couldnt agree more, he still has the capability to write good stuff but his yelling and ridiculously bad beat selection make it hard for me to like his new stuff.

he raps over a haddaway song for fucks sake! thats like sampling nsync or the backstreet boys...

the day he stopped taking pills and shrooms was the day i lost interest. i mean yeah he had to grow up someday but he was the only mc telling hilarious stories over funky beats. nowadays hes standing in a cornfield with a generic rnb bitch singing awful hooks. at least he got rid of that fake accent, even though i prefer that over the screaming.

That was only his last album? Relapse still had the drug talk, serial killer, rape, and funky beats aspect. But since he isn't on those drugs anymore its extremely forced and unfunny. Recovery would be so much better if he didn't scream his way through it.
 

Korey

Member
Added to the OP:

Eminem & Royce da 5'9" - I'm On Everything - 3:04

Royce and Em have a really creative series of exchanges in this track.

[Verse 4: Eminem]
Then I enter the front of the K-Mart shopping center with a coupon book
And a hundred and ten bucks and a bunch of change
And wife beater with a mustard stain
I’ll crush your brain like I’m crushing pills
What the fuck’s the mothafuckin' deal?
This shit’s making me feel like
I’m tryna do a mothafuckin' cartwheel up a hill

[Verse 5:Royce]
How many bars, how many tabs? A-C-I-D? Y-E-S
Cause I’m sniffin' M Y E X (F-U-C-Ked up, and it’s obvious)
Smoke and Henny in my chest (I’m B-A-N-A-N-A-S)
I’m a C-O-C-O-N-U-T

[Verse 6: Eminem]
Put this CD in and you’ll see, the sequel to Scary Movie
Bad is too evil, a roofie to Roethlisberger
(You are gonna wind up six feet deep under
That shit's creek so I hope that you want preservers)
You could put a turd on the plate
Silverware on the tablecloth to serve us
You don’t bring shit to the table
I mean your grill like a Seville when a mark gets murdered
You pushing the envelope and I’m shovin’ that whole post office further
Right off the surface, to the serpents in the darkest and the farthest corner

[Verse 7: Royce]
How many bars? How many bars? Maui, wowee, sour diesel
How many jars to all my people I’ll be to Mars, mommy come on
She can actually wrap my nutsack
'round the back of her neck in a bathroom stall
And she can just puke from sipping this piss from my 24-inch catheter cord

[Verse 8: Eminem]
I’m the type that’ll take a bath with a whore
Drown her, bang her head on the passenger door
When I’m stashin’ her in the back, smacking
Her forehead on the dash and its accidentally blowin’, a Benz jeep horn

[Verse 9: Royce]
My friends be knowin’, that when I’m on a binge, I’m stingy
Even when I’m ten deep in a room with the MGM with Lindsay Lohan and she on
 

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
It all started when my mother took my bike away
Cause I murdered my guinea pig and stuck him in the microwave
After that, It was straight to the 40 ouncers
Slappin teachers, and jacking off in front of my counselors
Class clown freshman, dressed like Les Nessman
Fuck the next lesson, I'll pass the test guessing

I always got a kick out of the slim shady LP, but everything else just didn't have the same good feelin'. :lol
 

Jay Sosa

Member
effzee said:
That was only his last album? Relapse still had the drug talk, serial killer, rape, and funky beats aspect. But since he isn't on those drugs anymore its extremely forced and unfunny. Recovery would be so much better if he didn't scream his way through it.

relapse is unlistenable to cause of the fake accent. and yeah of course it would sound forced, im not saying hes wrong for changing his ways, hes just boring to me, no matter how "sick" his lyrics still are. its just a a bit sad cause no one stepped up to fill that void that slim shady left when he matured into what eminem is now.

and lol at the lupe stans thinking he's anywhere near eminems level..and i even like that delusional dude.
 
TekkenMaster said:
Lyrically this is really good, but actually listening to this song, it is monotonous and lacks any semblanse of melody or musicality.

That's the main reason Eminem is so popular worldwide...his songs are catchy as fuck, not just the hooks but the verses too, he puts melody into everything.

Which is commonly known as "flow" and has nothing to do with what your saying but how you are saying it.

At this point I'm going to step out of this discussion. It seems every person who has responded to me has done so with an assessment of Em's overall ability as a MC which is the overall facets of one skill combined, when my contribution was solely focused on his writing ability.

I'm not even saying that lupe is better lyrically as such, more that the depth, storytelling and world creation of his lyrics outclasses em in that one area. Who is the better overall isnt up for debate. However, Em doesn't try and create a world in your mind, rather he is aiming to impress you with shock lyrics, tounge-twisting wordplay and versatile flows, including speeding up, slowing down, angry, cheeky dumb accents etc.

Lupe is not a charismatic MC, most of the most brilliant writers in hip hop aren't. But he can lead your imagination in a way eminem cannot dream of. For me that is what writing lyrics is all about, and in my view the only way we can begin to compare rap to literature (although I still think it's a stupid comparison no matter the artist)
 
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Which is commonly known as "flow" and has nothing to do with what your saying but how you are saying it.

I thought flow is more the speed and pattern of the rhyming, and how this is switched up throughout a song:

(from The Way I Am)
I sit back
with this pack
of zigzags
and this bag
of this weed

vs.

(from Renegade)
Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with em a minute
Cause see they call me a menace and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then ya'll swallow the truth grin and bear it

Two completely different flows. Flow is about where the rapper places the pauses in the verses, and which words are stretched out or which syllables are emphasized.

Melody is the actual musical notes...a kind of sing-songy thing a lot of rappers do. I think it's something that is distinct from flow.
 
TekkenMaster said:
I thought flow is more the speed and pattern of the rhyming, and how this is switched up throughout a song:

(from The Way I Am)
I sit back
with this pack
of zigzags
and this bag
of this weed

vs.

(from Renegade)
Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with em a minute
Cause see they call me a menace and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then ya'll swallow the truth grin and bear it

Two completely different flows. Flow is about where the rapper places the pauses in the verses, and which words are stretched out or which syllables are emphasized.

Melody is the actual musical notes...a kind of sing-songy thing a lot of rappers do. I think it's something that is distinct from flow.

I would count the two as one as the same as the way you flow is almost a seperaty layer of melody. Watch how some old school heads bop their heads to both the beat and the words for an example of what I mean.

Flow is not only speed and patten of the ryhming, but also how the rapper rides the beat...do they go against the grain, or with it? Are they being eclipsed by the instruments or does he sound like one of them? Etc etc.

Still, if you want to separate melody into something separate like all other genres of music that is fine too. It still doesn't have a baring on writing ability or depth.
 

Cloudy

Banned
Hard to pick but I really like the last verse on "Sing for the moment"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfcZeLpWQsY

They say music can alter moods and talk to you
But can it load a gun for you and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault, and i'll get sued
See what these kids do, is hear about us toting pistols
And they want to get one, cos they think the shit's cool
Not knowin' we're really just protectin' ourselves
We're entertainers, of course this shit's affecting our sales
You ignoramus. but music is reflection of self
We just explain it, and then we get our cheques in the mail
It's fucked up ain't it, how we can come from practically nothin'
To bein' able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted
It's why we sing for these kids that don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fucking rap magazine
Who post pinup pictures on their walls all day long
Idolise their favourite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in they lives
So they sit and they cry at night, wishing they die
Till they throw on a rap record, and they sit and they vibe
We're nothing to you, but we're the fuckin' shit in their eyes
That's why we sieze the moment, and try to freeze it and own it
Squeeze it and hold it, 'cos we consider these minutes golden
And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone
Just let our spirits live on, through out lyrics that you hear in our songs
And we can
 
eminem - 8 mile road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqKgnaqUHhg

Sometimes, I just feel like quitting, I still might
Why do I put up this fight? Why do I still write?
Sometimes, it's hard enough just dealin' wit real life
Sometimes, I wanna jump on stage and just kill mics

And show these people what my level of skills like
But I'm still white, sometimes, I just hate life
Something ain't right, hit the brake lights
Case of the stage fright, drawin' a blank like

Uh, da, da, da, da, it ain't my fault
Great big eyeballs, my insides crawl
And I clam up, I just slam shut
I just can't do it, my whole manhood's

Just been stripped, I have just been ripped
So, I must then get, off the bus then split
Man, fuck this shit, yo, I'm going the fuck home
World on my shoulders as I run back to this 8 mile road
 

SmokeMaxX

Member
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
However, Em doesn't try and create a world in your mind, rather he is aiming to impress you with shock lyrics, tounge-twisting wordplay and versatile flows, including speeding up, slowing down, angry, cheeky dumb accents etc.

Lupe is not a charismatic MC, most of the most brilliant writers in hip hop aren't. But he can lead your imagination in a way eminem cannot dream of.
... I'm not sure what to say to this. Have you listened to more than 2 Eminem songs?
 

effzee

Member
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Still, if you want to separate melody into something separate like all other genres of music that is fine too. It still doesn't have a baring on writing ability or depth.

I agree with you and going with your example I do think Lupe is a better story teller. Still I think what makes Eminem better in most people's mind is not because he is the absolute bar none best lyricist (though some could argue that) its just that when Eminem was in his prime/young/hungry/on drugs or whatever...he had the best combination of what you would want.

Humor? Yeah he could be funny when he wanted to be especially when being self deprecating

Shocking? He didn't invent shock rap but he sure brought it into mainstream

Deep/Emotional? Again not the best story teller but his combination of anger, voice, and story made him great at telling his stories about his mother, wife, daughter, or just his hood

Pure Rap skills? Yeah he had/has one of the best flows, great lyricist, clever rhymes, and great use of voice (something that I think a lot of rappers don't even bother to do)
 

kamspy

Member
Ass Like That is actually my favorite Em song. If he's gonna go retard (compared to Infinite), I prefer when he goes full retard.

That shit was live.
 

finowns

Member
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Rubbish.






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOA31IPszE


No em track comes close to this.

Other example is the second verse on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHPUWoxTv9k

Or this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

Don't get me started on nas examples. Verbal intercourse>>>> eminems life

The problem with this is what is Lupe even talking about?. I am not a big hip hop head like some of you but I listen to a lot of rap; I have no idea what he is talking about. How is a casual listener suppose to get behind this? Listening to the song it seems boring. This must be a song for the hardcore.

I think Eminem's main strength is how versatile he is. He can write meaningful, clever songs that show skill that even my mom could understand.

Storytelling wise he is one of the best. Eminems track on SSLP about killing his wife was so vivid it was kind of hard to listen to.
 

effzee

Member
KorrZ said:
I know it's cool to hate on Relapse, but I absolutely love Deja Vu. Am I alone on this?

Best song on the album. Perfect song in terms of beat, lyrics, emotion, and voice. Somewhere between Relapse and Recovery is a great album.

Deja Vu and Same Song and Dance are awesome.
 

KorrZ

Member
effzee said:
Best song on the album. Perfect song in terms of beat, lyrics, emotion, and voice. Somewhere between Relapse and Recovery is a great album.

Deja Vu and Same Song and Dance are awesome.

You're my new best friend after that statement. My two favourite songs on the album by far.
 

noah111

Still Alive
-Pyromaniac- said:
His best verse of all time is this one, because it defined his life/mindstate at that time greatly, and it's brilliantly put together lyrically:

I don't wanna quit, but shit, I feel like this is it
for me to have this much appeal like this is sick
This is not a game, this fame, in real life this is sick
Publicity stunt my ass, consume my fuckin dick
Fuck the guns, I'm done, I'll never look at gats
If I scrap, I'll scrap like I ain't never whupped some ass
I love my fans, but no one ever puts a grasp
on the fact I've sacrificed everything I have
I never dreamt I'd get to the level that I'm at
This is wack, this is more than I ever coulda asked
Everywhere I go, a hat, a sweater hood or mask
What about math, how come I wasn't ever good at that?
It's like the boy in the bubble, who never could adapt
I'm trapped, if I could go back, I never woulda rapped
I sold my soul to the devil I'll never get it back
I just wanna leave this game with level head intact
Imagine goin from bein a no one to seein
everything blow up and all you did was just grow up emceein
It's fuckin crazy, cause all I wanted was to give Hailie
the life I never had, instead I forced us to live alienated
So I'm sayin..

You know the rest. That underlined part always stuck with me, ridiculous.
What song is this again?
 
:lol I forgot how bad encore was that I forgot that was even one of his albums. I was thinking about how I've enjoyed all his albums and then I just saw the person's post talking about Encore. That was such a shit CD.
 

undrtakr900

Member
My favorite verse of all time is still:

"What's the Beat" - Eminem - Method Man - Royce Da 5'9"

[Eminem]
It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
Why I keep on duckin' under the bed when I hear thunder
Cuz I ain't crazy, I say shit that's crazy to crazy people
To make 'em believe I'm crazy so they can relate to me
And maybe believe in Shady so they can be evil baby
I like that! I'm only as crazy as people made me

Believe me, there'll be just as many muthafuckin' murderers
And heroin users without Marlilyn's music
But I figure I make my music I don't care if you use it
To murder somebody, I just wanna be there when you do it!
Now the parents are suein' cuz little Darren is screwin'
Karen and Susan cause I told him to do it on Clue's new shit
Now it's all ruined, the whole world is fucked up
Cuz of me? Two 12-year old girls is knocked up
My attitude's 'fuck it' like Pac's was at one point
Wanna come join? Pick up a glock and just point
Now everybody's killin' everybody and everybody's bloody
And I'm just laughin' like it's funny
Cause I don't really give a shit about no-muthafuckin'-body
I'm so muthafuckin' nutty I don't give a fuck about nuttin'!​
 

undrtakr900

Member
-Pyromaniac- said:
His best verse of all time is this one, because it defined his life/mindstate at that time greatly, and it's brilliantly put together lyrically:
"Say Goodbye to Hollywood"
In similar vain was his...


"When I'm Gone"

...song dedication to Hailie. Which I consider his most heartfelt/real song he ever did, he even featured Hailie in the video for it.

And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain
Just smile back
 
He's on everyone's top ten list. In the running for Greatest of All Time. Eminem has a sense of rhythm and mastery of the English language unmatched by any rapper past and present.

Rappers :lol

Mastery of english language :lol

Open a book ffs
 

SmokeMaxX

Member
JonStark said:
Rappers :lol

Mastery of english language :lol

Open a book ffs
You think most books are representative of a mastery of the English language? Hell, many of the themes, motifs, symbols, and whatnot in what is considered "literature" are accidents or unintentional.
 
SmokeMaxX said:
You think most books are representative of a mastery of the English language? Hell, many of the themes, motifs, symbols, and whatnot in what is considered "literature" are accidents or unintentional.

Not in 90% of comtemporary poetry books I read. And, as english is my native language, I'm really no expert.

Rythym and rhyme is not "mastery of the English language".

I like a lot Eminem songs. They're good songs.

Shakespeare ? Well...
 
elrechazao said:
Truly on the level of balzac and shakespeare....

They call me a freak because
I like to spit on these pussies 'fore I eat them
Man get these whack cocksuckers off stage
Where the fuck is Kanye when you need him?
Snatch the mic from him, bitch I'mma let you finish in a minute
Yeah the rap is tight
But I'm bout to spit the greatest verse of all time
So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um

lol

HAHAHA!


But really, I love Eminem! I like way too many of his songs to choose, since so many stand out for me! One of my favorite artists of all time!
 
SmokeMaxX said:
... I'm not sure what to say to this. Have you listened to more than 2 Eminem songs?


I was listening to em from back his infinite days. He is a average storyteller.

Listen to scarface or Andre 3000 and then tell me that em beats them in world creation.

finowns said:
The problem with this is what is Lupe even talking about?. I am not a big hip hop head like some of you but I listen to a lot of rap; I have no idea what he is talking about. How is a casual listener suppose to get behind this? Listening to the song it seems boring. This must be a song for the hardcore.

I think Eminem's main strength is how versatile he is. He can write meaningful, clever songs that show skill that even my mom could understand.

Storytelling wise he is one of the best. Eminems track on SSLP about killing his wife was so vivid it was kind of hard to listen to.


Best way to sum up twilight zone is : personified metaphors sharing a story. It requires a time investment to understand, but some of the greatest rap tracks of all time do too.

Plenty of the hardcore hate on lupe, don't get it twisted. It's all music, and opinion is subjective. If you don't get it, or it sounds boring, don't worry about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom