• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer Group THQ raises $164m for acquisition and expansion and is making 118 games including 69 unannounced titles

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Embracer Group has raised SEK 1.64 billion ($164 million) through a directed share issue for investment and acquisitions.

Over 100 global companies invested in the THQ Nordic parent company, which last year raised SEK 2 billion ($225 million) for similar expansion efforts.

The investment will be used to make further acquisitions of developers, publishers and other assets, in-line with the Embracer's recent acquisitions such as the $525 million deal for Saber Interactive in February this year.

Embracer also issued a statement regarding the ongoing coronavirus lockdown, and is "working hard on adapting operations to the current situation."

So far, the pandemic is having a "limited" impact on the group's business, which has seen increased engagement and demand in recent weeks.

All studios and publishers are up and running, with the majority of of employees working from; the transition caused "only a minor loss in production"

Things are less stable on the physical distribution side, however, as physical retailers close their doors for the immediate future.

Thanks mods for the title change:messenger_sun:

Last edited:

Cravis

118 games in development, that’s crazy!! They are killing it right now.

I’ll be contributing by purchasing Spongebob in May and Destroy All Humans! In July. Keep the hits coming.

GrayChild

Probably the best AA publisher along with Focus Home.

And oh boy, someone's gonna be pissed.

D0W5WmSWoAEPTYO

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Hard to believe they went bankrupt for a time. I think i saw a video that said their udraw tablets flopped and caused bankruptcy.

Glad to hear that they are doing well. I remember the thq name from my childhood.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Embracer Group acquired 4A Games and Gunfire Games months ago which made me very happy. Just hoping they can acquire Airship Syndicate in the very near future.

Embracer Group acquired 4A Games and Gunfire Games months ago which made me very happy. Just hoping they can acquire Airship Syndicate in the very near future.
Gunfire is the dev I think for Darksiders (?) but I know Airship Syndicate are the former devs of the original game and the artist who also did Battle Chasers: Nightwar. A few years ago I decided to read through the entire comic series after I bought the game.

The dev and artist Joe Mad was really cool and even gifted me Battle Chasers on Steam when I publicly mentioned my interest in the game on Twitter. I don't even use Steam so what I did is bought the game with my own money on GOG.

I want more Joe Mad Battle Chasers. I love Darksiders and also Battle Chasers. Joe Mad is the shit (in the good kind of way)

Top Bottom