• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon’s Twitter Carnival of Stupidity (No Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Headcount seems much higher than the insider reporters had us believe. Though, I will admit to taking issue with "several thousand" contractors & "hundreds" employees on trust & safety, because that leaves only ~100 on engineering, not including HR, finance, etc.

HoodWinked

that's interesting. I noticed some avatars with square borders then looked at others and noticed that all gold verified have square avatars now.

D7jhutq.png

pramod

Banned
I dunno what happened lately but I've gotten nothing but shitty tweets and ads in my timeline lately.

Seems like everything went back to shit when Elon stopped tweeting everyday....

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I dunno what happened lately but I've gotten nothing but shitty tweets and ads in my timeline lately.

Seems like everything went back to shit when Elon stopped tweeting everyday....
Lately I’ve just been seeing anti vax people pretending to have tremors…no not the greatest movie Kevin Bacon ever made, they’re all pretending to be Michael J Fox and recording it for attention

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Of what? Whitta used to post on GAF or that Elon is a homicidal maniac intentionally programming his cars to kill us?

I think Whitta is still on my PSN friends list but the Elon thing might take a while
That his car tried to steer him off the road. I mean with the new auto drive it is very possible that could have happened. But it seems unlikely. Besides in his circles it is now cool to hate Tesla.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That his car tried to steer him off the road. I mean with the new auto drive it is very possible that could have happened. But it seems unlikely. Besides in his circles it is now cool to hate Tesla.
All Tesla has to do is release the data to prove otherwise, if that were the case.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Well yeah that’s all kinda the premise of my initial joke…

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
First I’ve heard. It is not possible for me to fix every aspect of Twitter worldwide overnight, while still running Tesla and SpaceX, among other things.
you dont say

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Been a bad month for Twitter. Sued by the Crown for rent. They were evicted from their Eastern headquarters in Singapore. They've been auctioning off furniture and kitchen equipment from their HQ in SF. Ad revenue is down 40% year over year. They face a legal complaint in Germany over anti-Semitic content. And there's word that they could face up to a $1bn in fines if they're found guilty of not abiding by the consent decree (I doubt the government would fine them anywhere near that amount, personally).

It's still large and active, but I wonder just how much longer it can last in this state.

And wow, her name is really Anita B. Etin. Walked right into that one.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Been a bad month for Twitter. Sued by the Crown for rent. They were evicted from their Eastern headquarters in Singapore. They've been auctioning off furniture and kitchen equipment from their HQ in SF. Ad revenue is down 40% year over year. They face a legal complaint in Germany over anti-Semitic content. And there's word that they could face up to a $1bn in fines if they're found guilty of not abiding by the consent decree (I doubt the government would fine them anywhere near that amount, personally).

It's still large and active, but I wonder just how much longer it can last in this state.

And wow, her name is really Anita B. Etin. Walked right into that one.
It had to be a joke account, right?

……..right???

dorkimoe

They absolutely 100% surpress stuff from trending. The twitter breach that happened this month, never even trended once. And even searching for it barely brought back any results. Not to mention the only things that seem to trend now are ultra right wing stuff, its crazy. And im not a fan of woke stuff at all but can we get some middle ground?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Marquez Brownlee posted a video testing the self driving feature in his Tesla... 3 times he had to take over because it was about to put him in a dangerous position on the interstate.

It's possible. Just not intentional.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Proof please.
Have you somehow missed the laundry list of stories surrounding incidents involving the Tesla driver assist fucking up for seemingly no reason?

I only vaguely follow the whole Tesla drama surrounding his cars and even I have heard of more than a few examples of that happening.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Marquez Brownlee posted a video testing the self driving feature in his Tesla... 3 times he had to take over because it was about to put him in a dangerous position on the interstate.

I would never in a million years ever use auto pilot in a car. At some point every car will probably have this feature. I'll always turn it off.

Not only do I not trust AI sensors to drive for me, but it also can lead to carelessness like dozing off or being ill prepared to take over control if someone is busy in the seat doing other things.

It's no different than cooking food on the stove or doing laundry. You're suppose to always be attentive to what's going on. Even though the chances of something bad are low, you're not supposed to do do shit like cook food or dry your clothes for an hour while leaving the house to do errands and then come home.

It's disasters waiting to happen.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I love MKBHD. So many tech tubers are insufferable but he remains down to earth. Also cool to see him invest the earnings into his company. Seems like a cool guy to hang out with.

I would never in a million years ever use auto pilot in a car. At some point every car will probably have this feature. I'll always turn it off.

Not only do I not trust AI sensors to drive for me, but it also can lead to carelessness like dozing off or being ill prepared to take over control if someone is busy in the seat doing other things.

It's no different than cooking food on the stove or doing laundry. You're suppose to always be attentive to what's going on. Even though the chances of something bad are low, you're not supposed to do do shit like cook food or dry your clothes for an hour while leaving the house to do errands and then come home.

It's disasters waiting to happen.
My wife's car disables cruise control when the vision assisted camera is blocked. Which basically means, during the winter, the feature is entirely absent. We've had cruise control for decades. To me, these 'features' are just another way to fuck the consumer.

Hell, I still drive a manual. I will never give into the autopilot BS until I have no other choice.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Have you somehow missed the laundry list of stories surrounding incidents involving the Tesla driver assist fucking up for seemingly no reason?

I only vaguely follow the whole Tesla drama surrounding his cars and even I have heard of more than a few examples of that happening.
I saw one in a tunnel where the car just stopped and created a pile up. That is it. I am sure there are more though. A lot of people now though want to bring Elon down, so when you make a claim about something like that some proof helps. No one thinks auto-driving is infallible. I would probably never use it. But I want to see videos of cars acting on their own.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
"One of the richest men in the world starts fundraising to pay off debt" is one hell of a storyline.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom