• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEX II - Story Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From the team that brought you the legendary Gothic and Risen series, comes a glimpse into the story of the upcoming open world RPG: ELEX II.

Unite the free people of Magalan against a looming threat. The Skyanides are coming and want to change the face of the planet forever. But some people are not so easily convinced…

ELEX II is coming soon to PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series S|X and Xbox One.

intbal

yf4pSkg.jpg

I'm digging the idea for the story.
Not digging the new voice for Jax.

Hydroxy

Could an interesting game. Hopefully they have much improved from the original game as I had to drop it after the first few hours. If they are going to charge full price they better ensure its not janky and low budget like their previous games.

Labadal

This is one of my most anticipated games, but that trailer was the definition of "meh". Only story, no gameplay.
Add to that, no release date shown. Biggest disappointment of the show, as it was the main reason I tuned in.

Vaelka

The overacting and voice acting feels so cheap xD...

I couldn't help but to think of Shepard and the Reapers because of the dialogue.

Why won't anyone believe him, they're coming :(..

Edit: And uh, why the sudden cuts?
There's cuts all over the trailer as if they just created short clips out of context and put them together?
It's really odd the music cuts too.

Last edited:
I avoided Elex for a while as people were pretty down on it (specifically the difficulty at the start). Bought it cheap and it was a great game - the traversal really helped with exploration, the option of which faction to join was difficult as they were all arses, dialogue was cheesy but it didn't detract from my enjoyment. Looking forward to this.

Soodanim

I’m going to give the first game another go because I’m more receptive to its gameplay style than I was first time round, but it really was a massive barrier between all of the content the game has and me enjoying it enough to see it all.

Labadal

That's strange. It is no longer available. It was up for over five hours. Maybe the guy streamed it too early? Supposedly, there have been keys sent out to streamers.

What I did see of it looked very ELEX, so I'm not too worried.

If something else comes up, I will post it here.

Roberts

I really enjoyed the first one. Clunky, stiff, badly written eurojank, but I couldn’t help but get lost in the world they created. They are very good at that. The first one seems to be gen9 aware without having XS optimised patch. It runs at high res and 60fps.

Allandor

Hopefully they fixed the combat, the real big problem of the first game.
What was broken? Combat was way easier than in Gothic or Risen. Just the controls for jet-pack jumps were sometimes a bit laggy.

Btw, I really hope they make at some point Risen 1 compatible to the current gen consoles. Really missing that game in the compatibility list of the xb1.

wipeout364

Just my opinion but I think they would have done better in sales on the first game if they took a good look at their difficulty balancing. The first game had severe difficulty spikes in the early game which created a large amount of negative feedback. I am sure they have sold lots of copies at discount but I think they could have had a massive game on their hands if they hadn’t catered so much to their hardcore fans.

GymWolf

What was broken? Combat was way easier than in Gothic or Risen. Just the controls for jet-pack jumps were sometimes a bit laggy.

Btw, I really hope they make at some point Risen 1 compatible to the current gen consoles. Really missing that game in the compatibility list of the xb1.
It was uber-clunky, animations were shit and impact on hits was barely there.

I kinda love the game but combat was utter shit.

But i didn't played previous piranha games so i don't know how much worse the past games are, but that's not an excuse.

A lot of AA game or even indie stuff has good to great combat.

GymWolf

Yeah i don't know if i like what they did with the jetpack...

Having a limited amount of flying time added a strategic aspect to his use, from what i saw, now it looks like uber clunky anthem with horrible flying ranged combat...

Last edited:

Allandor

Just my opinion but I think they would have done better in sales on the first game if they took a good look at their difficulty balancing. The first game had severe difficulty spikes in the early game which created a large amount of negative feedback. I am sure they have sold lots of copies at discount but I think they could have had a massive game on their hands if they hadn’t catered so much to their hardcore fans.
They make almost always the same game since Gothic, over and over again ;)
The developer has it's fans (I'm one of those). The world had always been like this. Go to the right and you're potentially dead, go to the right and you're potentially dead. Follow the path and you are save, but you miss so much stuff if you only follow the path.
And it is always a handcrafted world and you can feel that while playing as no spot looks the same as other spots....

wipeout364

They make almost always the same game since Gothic, over and over again ;)
The developer has it's fans (I'm one of those). The world had always been like this. Go to the right and you're potentially dead, go to the right and you're potentially dead. Follow the path and you are save, but you miss so much stuff if you only follow the path.
And it is always a handcrafted world and you can feel that while playing as no spot looks the same as other spots....
Yes I appreciate that it's the Piranha Byte way since forever, I just think making things a little more user friendly might help them develop a much larger audience.

jaysius

Banned
Elex 1 is on sale on Xbox for $12 CND, is it worth that much? Did it ever get patched so it doesn't suck horribly and is the combat still unfair like reviewers said?

intbal

Elex 1 is on sale on Xbox for $12 CND, is it worth that much? Did it ever get patched so it doesn't suck horribly and is the combat still unfair like reviewers said?
The game provides a lot of menu tweaks for difficulty. You can set the whole game to "easy mode" if you want. Although, I toyed around with that and there's still some problems with aiming ranged weapons.
I think I payed $11 a couple of years ago. It was definitely worth that amount.
The biggest problem is just the trial by fire of the first ten hours. It can be very difficult. People that give up after three hours undoubtedly have called the game trash.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The Skyands are coming - and we need to defend Magalan. Stop fighting each other and focus on the real enemy of our world!

Meet the five major factions holding the power in Magalan in this latest trailer for the upcoming open-world RPG, Elex II.
The playable factions, each with their own unique weapons and skills, include The Berserkers who are are skilled magicians, the Outlaws, the returning Albs, the Clerics who are famous for their love of engineering and crafting powerful combat robots powered by Elex, and the new faction available in Elex II called the Morkons.

In Elex II, several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet.
In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax embarks on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders, as well as a personal quest to find his son, Dex, who got separated from him.

Elex II launches on March 1, 2022 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

IGN

Last edited:

intbal

Still hate the new voice.
Original voice actor for Jax was a defining feature of the character.

Also, he said "Clerics to the West". If the Clerics are still based in the Hort, that would mean a new area of Magalan is now part of the game world.

Top Bottom