• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls: Skyblivion Mod - Full Quest Gameplay

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This is The Elder Scrolls: Skyblivion, a project aiming to bring the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to a new generation of players! Skyblivion plans to feature all of Cyrodiil, alongside all of its quests, characters, and more. In this video, you'll be able to see some Skyblivion gameplay and a full quest in action, using The Elder Scrolls Skyblivion mod.

Want to learn more about this amazing project? Make sure to click on this link to visit their website https://skyblivion.com/ or you can read our interview with them over on IGN https://www.ign.com/articles/skyblivion-oblivion-skyrim-mod-elder-scrolls

Why waste so much much time and effort on someone else's IP?

And the irony of remaking a dated game using another dated game.

Ah yes the award winning Oblivion NPC's
1*rnqeznYhoqE84dF9tcTjTA.jpeg

Yesterday I saw a mudcrab. Disgusting creatures.

Romulus

They had routines, had facial expressions, talked to each other, would steal food if starved, and much more.
Skyrim NPCs just stand around, have no emotion at all, have horrible personalities and they move like plastic dolls.

You just don't get SOUL at all.

Yeah, they removed that Oblivion NPC shit because it was utter fucking nonsense. Better to have next to nothing, and the facial features were retarded meme-worthy.

I mean millions of people understand what's coming when you do an "Oblivion NPC" youtube video. It means some completely ridiculous bullshit that makes absolutely no sense is coming. Just like those NPCs.

EDMIX

Everything looks horrible and "plastic" in Skyrim.

Ironically the NPCs in Oblivion look better than Skyrim, go figure.

Also, Skyrim's UI lacks SOUL
They had routines, had facial expressions, talked to each other, would steal food if starved, and much more.
Skyrim NPCs just stand around, have no emotion at all, have horrible personalities and they move like plastic dolls.

You just don't get SOUL at all.

nah man, just stop. I'm literally playing thru Oblivion again on PC and love both titles, but dear god.....you are trying to argue the team that made the sequel suddenly fucking forgot how to do all that you listed.

Soooooo sir, Skyrim has all those elements......better. Thats it. You can like one over the other and I have no issue with that, as shit I like Oblivion too, but I don't go out of my way to LIE about such elements as if ZERO work was done on Skyrim or something.

To say some shit like "Skyrim NPCs just stand around" is a load of BS. Sir....FACTUALLY they added shit to the AI that doesn't exist in Oblivion, as to why SKYblivion is such a hype thing in the first place.

Fuck you going to tell me? Nothing new was done? Zero new things are happening with the NPC cause you like one game vs the other?

Sooooo if I tell you GTAVI allows you to enter all homes to do break ins, destroy buildings, go into space, you think your love for Vice City means um "GTAVI just be standing around and junk broz"? Come on man. Relax on the hyperbole.

I understand we can debate many things that we love, hate, disagree with etc about games on here, but stick to objective facts, stop with this forceful shit of LYING about a games features cause you like one vs the other.

Skifi28 Skifi28 Agreed. Or by the time they do this shit, we'll get a remake of it in a new engine by Bethesda themselves lol With that MS money, they'd be dumb not to remake those classics.

Last edited:

EDMIX

No no no no, you got it aaaaall wrong, pal.

Bethesda was trying to improve upon Morrowind formula by focusing on improving NPC AI, adding routines and making NPCs self motivated. Unfortunately things went bad and they had to scale it down.

Now to what's most important: Bethesda had the opportunity to make things right and IMPROVE the AI for Skyrim.
Unfortunately they decided against it to make things even simpler than in Oblivion, in order to make development less of a headache.

And so, Skyrim is EVEN MORE dumbed down version of Oblivion, which in turn was a dumbed down RPG compared to Morrowing.
Bethesda was really trying to innovate with Oblivion, and while they missed, they at least were onto something.
But then in Skyrim they simply GAVE UP and decided to go the most simplistic route and removed MOST systems, including the removal of classes and other stuff.

So NO, SKYRIM DID NOT IMPROVED IN ANY WAY, if anything it DUMBED DOWN the series even more in order to profit and sell more copies.

Just stop bud.

The AI FACTUALLY has more things going on in Skyrim, then Oblivion.

I fucking like Oblivion more btw and I'm still going to tell you a factual statement about this situation. I don't give a fuck about your view on "morrowind" vs Skyrim or "removal of classes" or any of that shit, that not whats being talked about.

" NPCs no longer stand static on the screen; instead, they continue with their normal routines. Players can also cut off NPCs by walking away from them mid-conversation."

"Players can have relationships with other characters in the game and get married to any NPC, regardless of their race or sex. These spouses will stay within the confines of the player's house unless asked to do otherwise. Spouses will even cook food, and sleeping next to them will grant various bonuses and perks."

"The artificial intelligence for both NPCs and creatures has been updated with the aim to create a more believable environment. The general behavior of the NPCs is less static than previous Elder Scrolls titles, as they follow schedules, perform tasks, and adapt to changes in their surroundings. Quest givers often continue with their regular work while talking to players. NPCs can now have specific jobs and will perform those jobs during the day."

"NPC interactions have been sharpened for more seamless conversations"

"The player can hire NPCs to carry out duties in their new house and also receive a Housecarl from the Jarl of the hold they constructed their home in. Hearthfire also makes it possible to adopt children in the game, who can be housed in any of the new homes as well as the existing ones in Skyrim. "

Sir...this is where ima need you to get in touch with reality. No more of this shit like "compared to morrowind" or "Skyrim did not improvedz" etc. Factually, I simply don't see that as the case based on FACTUAL FUCKING FEATURES added to Skyrim.

I get you might like one over the other, as shit I'm telling you I like Oblivion more personally... but to say some shit like "did not improve in anyway" is just waaaaay exaggerative, hyperbole and factually wrong.

This is beyond what you and I like sir, this is about factual features.

The community as a whole needs to fucking stop this shit. Disagree with what you don't like, you are free to, but relax on this whole thing of trying to make it sound like nothing was added or feature didn't exist that does etc.

Thats like me telling you Call Of Duty factually won't see cause I don't like it....reality be damned lol

EDMIX

but in Oblivion they've moved around much more than in Skyrim.

Nope.

Not reading the rest of that shit man, factually this is wrong. This is not about if you like 1 game vs the other, this is about that factually Skyrim's NPCs literally objective do more.

If you can't handle that fact man, just adding you to the ignore. You've taken hating a game it just absurd unrealistic levels.

EDMIX

Oblivion has better NPC AI than Skyrim? What sort of mushrooms did you eat? 🤣

I'm saying! I love Oblivion MORE, I love the setting, I love the story, lore, characters, magic etc, but fuck me, I'm not lying and saying some weird shit like it has better NPC AI then the more advance sequel Skyrim BY THE SAME FUCKNG TEAM.

For how?

Too much things exist with that system in Skyrim that literally don't exist in Oblivion for it even be a debate, by default.facutally, 1 has more objective things that the AI does. So I'm replaying Oblivion literally right now and was hype to hear of this mod taking the best of those features and adding them in Oblivion. I think some people just take liking something to just a utterly wild extreme that starts to sound batshit crazy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Oblivion Remade in the Skyrim engine. Remaking Oblivion in the Skyrim engine is what we set out to do when we started the Skyblivion project. Making games takes time, this goes double for a volunteer project the size of a AAA game that took a team of fulltime DEVS years to make. Regardless we would like to share today that Skyblivion is in a state where we can promise a 2025 release at the latest.
We hope with your support to finish the final steps in completing our dream, maybe even beating our own estimation.

Top Bottom