• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced for PS5 and Xbox Series will now launch June 15th

Bethesda has delayed Elder Scrolls Online's next-gen update by a week.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced was due out 8th June, but will now launch 15th June, Bethesda said in a blog post.

"In an abundance of caution, we are moving the ESO: Console Enhanced launch out a week," the company said.

"We are doing this so we are not launching Update 30 (Blackwood) at the same time as Console Enhanced and can give both our undivided attention."

Blackwood is the Oblivion-themed chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online. It's set 800 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and tasks players with uncovering the schemes of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes, the big bad boss of Oblivion.

Blackwood and Update 30 launch as planned on PC, Mac and Stadia on 1st June, and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 8th June. The last-gen versions are of course playable on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S via backwards compatibility.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced then launches on PS5 and Xbox Series X and S on 15th June. It's a free update for anyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online already on a previous-gen console, and includes a 60fps performance mode, improved draw distance and improved load times.

"We apologise for the inconvenience," Bethesda added, "but we want to ensure that everything launches smoothly during this very busy time. Thank you all for the ongoing support, and we look forward to welcoming everyone to Blackwood next month."

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Elder Scrolls Online has served up a constantly evolving story since it launched in 2014, with multiple Chapters, DLC zones, dungeons, and more added in the years since. While each Chapter is somewhat like a traditional MMO expansion pack, the bevy of other content added each year means there’s a lot to learn about Tamriel during the 2nd Era. Curious about what’s going on in and around Nirn before the launch of the Gates of Oblivion Chapter? We’ve got more info for you than a crotchety Telvanni mage with a quest marker. Grab your guar and let’s go on an adventure!

Elder Scrolls Online is a massive multiplayer online game set in the Elder Scrolls universe published by Bethesda Softworks and developed by ZeniMax Online Studios. The Elder Scrolls Online is available on Mac, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4 (PS4), Playstation 5 (PS5), and Stadia.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
What is this game like? Is it just like a giant Elder Scrolls game, story and all? If I download on Game Pass does it have all of the expansions?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've only dabbled, but you can play most of it as a single player Elder Scrolls game. I think with Gamepass you just get the base game, not any of the expansions.

Andodalf

Banned
What is this game like? Is it just like a giant Elder Scrolls game, story and all? If I download on Game Pass does it have all of the expansions?

I think on GP it’s just the first game, and maybe the first expansion? There are rumors of some being added at least.

The gameplay is kinda Elder Scrolls, kinda not. It feels like a ES MMO, but you can play alone.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Mine has just updated to the enhanced game tile on Xbox? Is this an error?

kySj4ih.jpg

Don’t seem to have access to a fidelity or performance mode in game.

Last edited:
So does this game require a subscription, and if so how much is it? How does that work with all the DLC they're constantly releasing for this thing?

GuinGuin

Banned

It plays more like an MMO than a single player Elder Scrolls game. You can't aim your arrows and you have a bunch of hot keys and cool downs.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It's massive and they're trying to fill out the entire world of Elder Scrolls with each expansion. The game will probably end up bigger than all of the main titles(map size) at some point.

The gameplay is a mixture of guild wars and oblivion, but more on the guild wars side. You get a set of six skills and unlock your second 6 skill bar(with a second weapon) around level 20. From there you customize your build. You can't physically aim physical hits and arrows to points of the body, but they are options to fight with. There are a ton of build websites and things just opened up more with how they restructured the point system.

So does this game require a subscription, and if so how much is it? How does that work with all the DLC they're constantly releasing for this thing?
It doesn't require one but the sub can help with providing a separate crafting item bag(otherwise craft items go in your main bag when unsubbed). DLC is all purchasable and usually buying the latest version of the game in the Xbox/PSN store gets you previous DLC with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the arrival of the new Blackwood chapter, there's no better time to discover ESO's sprawling, enchanting world, brimming with monsters to slay, intriguing characters to meet and history to alter. Check out our key tips to help you get started in the Elder Scrolls Online!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Elder Scrolls Online Next Gen Upgrade is coming June 15th to both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, but while you wait, Bethesda has shared a few scenes to give us an early look at what the new enhancements look like for console. This Elder Scrolls Online Performance Preview takes a look at the Next Gen Upgrade or as it's also referred to as the Console Enhanced version of the game that brings Fidelity & Performance modes to the game. This includes a 4K 30fps mode and a 1440p 60fps high frame rate mode as an option for players.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Series S fidelity mode is 1440p 30fps, performance mode is 1080p 60fps.

I played the first mission last week and it’s actually pretty good. Don’t know what I was expecting, but it’s TES alright. Actually interested in using reward currency to buy the Blackwood package when it’s on sale.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood is now live.

You can experience Tamriel optimized for current-generation consoles when The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced launches on June 15.

playXray

Mine has just updated to the enhanced game tile on Xbox? Is this an error?

kySj4ih.jpg

Don’t seem to have access to a fidelity or performance mode in game.
Mine’s the same, but graphics seem identical to before. I think they’ve pushed the button on the ‘Series X/S Optimised’ status a couple of days before the patch actually lands.

Inviusx

Looking forward to this but I must say that ESO actually runs surprisingly well on old gen consoles. It's a 30fps lock even with 50+ people spamming attacks during Dolmen runs. I was 100% sure that area would cripple this game on console so I was legitimately impressed with the optimisation.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Looking forward to this but I must say that ESO actually runs surprisingly well on old gen consoles. It's a 30fps lock even with 50+ people spamming attacks during Dolmen runs. I was 100% sure that area would cripple this game on console so I was legitimately impressed with the optimisation.
That is impressive.

Desless1

Zos has an updated FAQ on the enhanced versions coming tomorrow.

Oh joy!!

Desless1

Does the cover art have the optimized for X/S? Mine doesn't have it and don't want to download 108gb only to update 87gb later in the day ;)

The game installation has the x/s optimized logo for about two weeks now. But only due to back compat. Todays update will give you the native client, so probably have to installations until you remove the old one. Or keep it for older hardware.

MaKTaiL

I downloaded the PS4 version yesterday just so I could see the size and it's 85gb. They said the PS5 version is 89gb. They did not use Kraken.

Desless1

I've never downloaded the game. Thought I would give it a try with the new graphics update. But my Gamepass version still doesn't have the X/S logo on it.

Think thats more a logo thing on the MS backend missing update. The game has been updated and will download 89GB or so with the native client, I also have the Gamepass edition.

It's been a few years since I've played this on PC. Do they support the mods on the console? Like the map mods and searching for those books and crystals (I forgot what they were called but a mod put them on the map).
I played through 2 of the 3 factions and would not mind going back to finish the 3rd. Never played any of the expansion areas though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's been a few years since I've played this on PC. Do they support the mods on the console? Like the map mods and searching for those books and crystals (I forgot what they were called but a mod put them on the map).
I played through 2 of the 3 factions and would not mind going back to finish the 3rd. Never played any of the expansion areas though.
Sorry, I don't think the console version supports mods in any way.

The expansions are much much better than the base game (especially thieves guild, my personal favorite) but Morrowind is also ace.

iHaunter

Every time I try to get back into this game I just stop playing. Everything is so grey and drab. Everything just looks the same.

Sorry, I don't think the console version supports mods in any way.
Well at least I can use a controller. I remember that being an issue with the PC version. I used all kinds of things like Xpadder to play with a controller. Will be nice to have a console interface with controller.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I keep trying and trying to get into this.. ugh. maybe it's my class that I chose I don't know. I've been stuck at lvl 20 for ages. I might download and try again.

Top Bottom