• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls 6 Is A Long Time Off, Might Not Launch Until Next Generation Of Consoles.

Kreydo

So as you can see, they have no plans of creating a new engine. Ever.
I'm fine with it, like I said Creation Engine is dated but It allow full modding so... See what a new engine like theFrostbite did to Mass Effect And Dragon Age? Ruined both franchise because everyhting was about rendering and not about gameplay or deph.
They have to optimize it and work a lot on animation, people are very critism about Bethesda game but it mostly because of clunky animation, this make the game look extremly dated.
Specialy after games like U4, GOW, and now RDRII... They just can't keep using Skyrim/Oblivion animation anymore.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

What does "might not make launch till next gen" even mean lmao? This gen is pretty much over

It's far from over. You will have to have atleast a year or so if not 2 years of next generation cross platform titles most likely. and those consoles are away atleast a year +.

120v

non-news

chances of starfield being cross gen are slim as is, why would the game coming years after be for xbone/ps4. 2013 baselines we're talking about here

Last edited:

onlyoneno1

I have already made my peace with the fact that the Elder Scroll 6 is not coming until the middle of next gen. At the earliest.

Weird to think a decade or more will pass from Skyrim.

Remember when the almost 6 years between Oblivion and Skyrim seemed like a long time for a series to take a break?

I definitely wouldn't have expected Elder Scrolls to skip this gen completely.

It's either a monumental failure from Bethesda or they are actually bored making the games if it takes them 10 years to wanna go back. They print money, why would they not want one out at least every 5 years.

Last edited:

TitusTroy

it's their own fault for releasing that teaser trailer at E3...they started the hype machine when they should have just stayed silent for a few more years...

120v

It's either a monumental failure from Bethesda or they are actually bored making the games if it takes them 10 years to wanna go back. They print money, why would they not want one out at least every 5 years.

if you want to take todd howard at face value, it's because what they're doing with ES6 wouldn't be possible on modern hardware.

to those who want ES6 this gen i say ask yourselves: would you really be happy with ES6 on Fallout 4's engine? because that's essentially what you'd be getting

johntown

Banned
Bethesda has no motivation to release this early or soon. Could they? Sure

They won’t because ES online. They want to milk that for what it is worth before releasing a new game that would take everyone away from the online game.

Could I be wrong? Of course but this is what I think.

LMJ

I don't think anybody was expecting it to come out this generation, I mean maybe Fallout 76 with such a crap show for them they'll feel the need to rush ES5 but I doubt it

After all the B.S from Bethesda in the last year I have almost no faith in the company anymore, I don't know how they would pull it off, but I can't help but feel they're going to try to nickel-and-dime us on the single player game big time.

I greatly enjoyed Oblivion, Morrowind, and plan to dive into Skyrim collector's edition when I get a chance... I May buy the new Elder Scrolls, but if I do it won't be through official channels because I can't give Bethesda any money after all the crap they pulled as of late.

LMJ

Really? Last generation had two Elder Scroll's games and you don't anyone was expecting one Elder Scroll's game this gen?

Considering what they showed at E3 for the next ES amounted to a title screen, no I dont, remember we're coming up on the end of the current gen, I think Bethesda had all their current gen Hope's on FO76...

Well that and milking Skyrim more than the prize cow lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not looking good for ES6. And that's because F76 has bombed. This will entice Bethesda to rush ES6 to market to earn money fast. Just like they rushed F76 to market since 2018 was a dead zone for them. Unless that Starfield game becomes a huge hit, their next big money maker is ES6.

Stuart360

Not looking good for ES6. And that's because F76 has bombed. This will entice Bethesda to rush ES6 to market to earn money fast. Just like they rushed F76 to market since 2018 was a dead zone for them. Unless that Starfield game becomes a huge hit, their next big money maker is ES6.
Starfield is coming first, and thats a next gen game (although i'd guess it will also be cross gen).
Fallout 76 is practically an asset flip of Fallout 4. Regardless of what Todd has said, how much really could Fallout 76 cost to make?, reused assets, no voiced npc's, etc.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Starfield is coming first, and thats a next gen game (although i'd guess it will also be cross gen).
Fallout 76 is practically an asset flip of Fallout 4. Regardless of what Todd has said, how much really could Fallout 76 cost to make?, reused assets, no voiced npc's, etc.
Starfield first? Ok. Considering how little info we have on both Starfield and ES6, seems like it's a flip of the coin which comes first.

If Starfield is first and is awesome and sells likely crazy, then ES6 can chill out and take time. If Starfield bombs, ES6 is getting a rushed release.

Stuart360

Starfield first? Ok. Considering how little info we have on both Starfield and ES6, seems like it's a flip of the coin which comes first.

If Starfield is first and is awesome and sells likely crazy, then ES6 can chill out and take time. If Starfield bombs, ES6 is getting a rushed release.
Starfield is def coming first, Todd has said himslef, even at E3 when talking about Starfield "we also have this 'Elder Scrolls 6 trailer' but thats further out". He also said his usual shite about Starfield have tons of improvements to the engine, and then the next Elder Scrolls will have even further improvements when it comes etc.

That sucks but at least we'll have Avowed.

Still I like the Elderverse and the lore better than the Pillarsverse.

Edit: oh shit this thread was Methuselah'ed.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
It's crazy to think about how big of a phenomenon Skyrim turned out to be.

Like even a lot of old mates I had who jpretty much just played CoD and NHL ended up buying Skyrim. They had no idea what Morrowind or Oblivion were

The second the casual market catches wind of a 'new Skyrim', and then they realize that it's only on Xbox... it's going to be impossible to keep them on the shelves.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo

FlatNeedyAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

But i love you more

Wait, people thought Starfield and ES6 were coming out on current gen, as in PS4/X1? 'Current gen' vs. 'next gen' is getting blurry less than a month out.

Who thought this?

Top Bottom