• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING releasing 21.01.2022 - Summer Game Fest TRAILER 2021

And the core gameplay is exactly the same in every Soulsborne game. Not having a level up system or coop doesn't change the core.
Shit even the block/parry button is the same as block in DS...
Next you'll be saying Bloodborne is nothing like DarkSouls.

Okay, straw man.

Sekiro is a rhythm game.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Astral Dog

I'm gonna get it, I have them all
So don't get me wrong cuz I love the games, but honestly (and I know I'm gonna get heat for this)
Ain't it about time he stopped remaking the same game 😐
Honestly? No because there are very few games like Soulborne, its like playing a crazy Castlevania game.they already released Sekiro for you im super hyped for Elden Ring.

And now its open world and written by George that should make it fresh

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Honestly? No because there are very few games like Soulborne, its like playing a crazy Castlevania game.they already released Sekiro for you im super hyped for Elden Ring.

And now its open world and written by George that should make it fresh
Subby you miss understood me, I mean it would be nice to see another game genre from him
Sekiro is still a Souls type game
And so is this
Now you can say Bloodborne has horror elements.
But imagine an actual survival horror game

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
People are complaining about the graphics as if From Software is known for its visually impressive games. Their games have always had a certain level of jank to their visuals in certain spots. But that doesn't change the fact that the Souls style games that they have put out have always been top tier games that always vied for the GOTY honors in the years they came out.

How good a game looks has no bearing on its overall Quality. There have been some amazing looking games that have been shit and their have been some meh looking games that have been amazing. This "It looks bad therefore it is bad" mindset that people have these days is so unbelievably shortsighted.

Astral Dog

Subby you miss understood me, I mean it would be nice to see another game genre from him
And so is this
i think Miyazaki loves making this type of game, plus it has many fans around the world, survival horror doesn't make sense when Soulborne specially Bloodborne is already pushing action horror something Capcom likes to do as well, no need to change genres.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
And so is this
Why would he switch genre's when he is a master at one in particular? That would be like expecting a master composer to put out a rap album and then being upset when he didn't.

He knows what he is good at and does it to perfection. There is no need to step out of that groove.

stickkidsam

I feel like this is the first time From Software’s art style has truly gotten to shine. I love their art in the games, but the portrayal has always felt… low quality? Like foliage and textures had this gross, jagged, messy look to them (and not in the way that the art style naturally is). For Elden Ring, the game looks absolutely stunning to me. Still has the art style but everything looks so much cleaner graphically.

I be excited.

Tallahassee

POISON SWAMP CONFIRMED
zqQC3iJ.jpg

Lux R7

there are few moments in the trailer in which the character jumps like in sekiro. I bet you can now jump to avoid attacks and this is kinda huge.

Kabelly

im just excited to explore the nooks and crannies of this world because you just KNOW there's gonna be some fuckery when you find a random lil cave somewhere or something.

In the trailer in the part where the horse is crossing that rock bridge you can see a bonfire or something way below. there's gonna be a lot of verticality that im excited about.

JohannCK

martino

i like everything i read here

The interviewer asks if Elden Ring’s “open field” is different from an open world, and Miyazaki says that this depends on one’s definition of “open world”. Elden Ring’s open field’s purpose is to increase the scale of the world and the story and thus improve immersion, giving the player the feeling that the world is filled with unknown mysteries and threats, making it more fun to explore, and adding more joy to finding things and successfully traversing areas. This, and so the game, are thus aiming for the sort of fun found in classic RPGs.

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Game is gonna be massive, isn't it? From thirst is real. Replaying Sekiro rn. Can't wait for more from the best studio in the game.

Boneless

Looks cool, never really played Dark Souls, played Sekiro which was OK but not enough customisation/RPG elements and too much focus on just learning the rhytm of every battle, was not for my taste. This feels more like it would fit my street.

skit_data

Looks cool, never really played Dark Souls, played Sekiro which was OK but not enough customisation/RPG elements and too much focus on just learning the rhytm of every battle, was not for my taste. This feels more like it would fit my street.
Then go really play Dark Souls ;)

I don't get the hype from those Souls games at all. Graphics looks mediocre (Halo Infinite was criticized massively but it looked way better than this) and my friends wouldn't be able to differentiate between these games.
because graphics are the only things that video games have to offer. You're probably someone who watches the cutscenes of games on youtube and think you have an accurate understanding of how to play the game

Demon's Souls Remake looks graphically better

We've now played Demon's Souls on PS5 though.

you mean the game worked on by ONLY Bluepoint that required literally 0% gameplay development and approximately 100% beautifying and was developed exclusively for one console looks better than the game worked on by Fromsoft (who've never made technologically impressive games) that started development in roughly 2017 being developed for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4 , and PS5?
gee i wonder why that might be. 🤔

kyoji

Any news on if there will be a collectors edition? Its the only reason i havent pre ordered on playstation 5 yet

Top Bottom