• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING releasing 21.01.2022 - Summer Game Fest TRAILER 2021

d5ed63da70eb23f4c696a63a46430df172a2df7f_hq.gif
what's this from?

Reindeer

My brother raised a great question: wonder why MS lost this reveal?

MS had the reveal originally according to quite a few insiders and somehow FROM went with Summer Game Fest. Wonder what caused that to come about.
Microsoft were like: Those graphics look worse than Halo Infinite's reveal, we don't need another Craig?

jk

Last edited:

Fbh

Watching this trailer again - I can’t really understand how anyone is disappointed this looks like a straight up amazing videogame, the open world with that aesthetic and dark souls/Bloodborne esque gameplay? I dunno man this looks better as a game than really anything upcoming so far

For some reason people thought a cross gen FROM game (who have never really stood out for their graphics) with 100% Original content, a bigger world and probably more locations/enemies/bosses, etc would look just as good as a Ps5 exclusive 1:1 Remake of an 11 years old game with more linear design and small scale, that Bluepoint could spend years remaking while focusing primarily on visuals

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Based on the fact it looks janky and last gen? it's lacking the physicality of objects and texture quality that Forbidden West, Demons Souls PS5, R&C etc.
lol, they are nothing mindblowing. they are just a generation ahead, thats about it. the fanboyism is strong with you. yes, this is a cross gen game, of course it wasnt going to look as good but to say pc and xbox are holding ps5 back...lmao, please.

fact is, ps4 games look dated as fuck....next gen cant start soon enough and this cross gen shit is killing al lthe hype but it is what it is. shits gonna sell gangbusters anyway.

Last edited:

Fredrik

So you wer being serious lol, thought you were baiting.
Its a cross gen game that is releasing on XB1 and PS4.
Sounds like Horizon Forbidden West (minus XB1)
I guess one explanation for the less impactful visuals could be if it’s 60fps on PS4/XB1 though, would explain a lot, and could mean 120fps through fps boost !!! 😲

For some reason people thought a cross gen FROM game (who have never really stood out for their graphics) with 100% Original content, a bigger world and probably more locations/enemies/bosses, etc would look just as good as a Ps5 exclusive 1:1 Remake of an 11 years old game with more linear design and small scale, that Bluepoint could spend years remaking while focusing primarily on visuals
Yeah I’m pretty baffled by the focus on graphics on the reaction - I’m not even a huge from software guy - and I own Demons Souls Ps5. Never expected it to look near that. And the art/designs in this are some of the best I’ve ever seen. Second this is an open world game from them in an extremely interesting almost painterly world. Third their gameplay is always a top notch. I dunno I guess in terms of something I’d like to play rather than just gawk at this is what I am looking for - the sheen of awesome technical graphics wear off after like 15 minutes for me and great art always stands the test of time. I don’t get how you can like games like this and be like “yeah looks like Bullshit” doesn’t make sense to me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
gamers reacting to a western game: is this a joke!? IT LOOKS FUCKING AWFUL LOL. delay or cancel this shit it's embarassing
rrmQH4O.png

gamers reacting to a japanese game: LOOKS AMAZING THE HYPE IS REAL! day 1!
HH1VmLd.png

There are plenty of people voicing their displeasure with the visuals in here. A lot of us just don't give a shit about your console war nonsense. Regardless, I for one vastly prefer the visuals of Elden Ring to Halo anything. Subjective preferences for different art styles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart360

Sounds like Horizon Forbidden West (minus XB1)
I guess one explanation for the less impactful visuals could be if it’s 60fps on PS4/XB1 though, would explain a lot, and could mean 120fps through fps boost !!! 😲
Nah it will be 30fps on last gen. Not every studio is capable of producing the same level of graphics, or have the budget to do it. Plus HFW devs already said there is a lot of extra added detail in the PS5 version over PS4. Its not like the PS4 version is going to look identicle but at a lower rez.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
what console war? elden ring is a multiplatform game. i just used halo as an example

Whatever. You're ignoring plenty of examples from the multitude of posters in here obviously not impressed by the visuals. Why do you feel so wounded that people didn't like the visuals of Halo? What does it have to do with Elden Ring?

gamers reacting to a western game: is this a joke!? IT LOOKS FUCKING AWFUL LOL. delay or cancel this shit it's embarassing
rrmQH4O.png

gamers reacting to a japanese game: LOOKS AMAZING THE HYPE IS REAL! day 1!
bqhJG7d.png
I didn’t mind the graphics in Halo either - but the art in this is way above Halos honestly. And I love Halo - I dunno maybe that’s just how I work like you can see some really talented artists worked on this it has such a unique look. Like a painting or something

harmny

Banned
Whatever. You're ignoring plenty of examples from the multitude of posters in here obviously not impressed by the visuals. Why do you feel so wounded that people didn't like the visuals of Halo? What does it have to do with Elden Ring?

i don't i'm just using it as an example. i could use other game if you are so sensitive. i'm trying to make a point here. the point is that if a western developer comes out with a game looking like this people here would be destroying them. i think it was obvious but i guess i need to explain that for some people.

you know gameplay counts.

so gameplay in halo sucks?

Larxia

you know gameplay counts.
It does, but not in the example you quoted, because people were really hating on Halo reveal for the graphics, before anything else, so gameplay is not really relevent in this exemple, this person was just comparing two situations regarding visuals alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom