• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING releasing 21.01.2022 - Summer Game Fest TRAILER 2021

Venom Snake

Gold Member
z7rnkx.gif

Kangx

Yea, look good in term of artistic sense. Cross gent game. More open than dark soul. From really need a new engine. Demon soul look a gent difference than elden ring though. To be fair, demon souls only on ps5, and more linear than elden ring.

decisions

Well, it didn't look bad but personally I am pretty let down. I hope Sekiro's experimentation in From's combat isn't totally lost here.

Looks like Dark Souls 3.5, and I didn't like DSIII very much. It also doesn't help that Demon's Souls Remake looked way better than this, and the trailer didn't show the open-world elements that might justify a downgrade in fidelity.

Stuart360

Not at all but it's a fair question. Even Grubb, who was one of the people to leak it being here at the Summer Game Fest, said that MS originally had the reveal locked down for themselves.

Why did they lose it?
Does it matter?. Maybe they decided to go with Geoff because they believe in what he's trying to do with SGF.
And it was only a rumour Microsoft had it anyway, there was no confirmation.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
It was in development for a long time, made for old gens, sure it's not gonna look like Demons Souls but what's interesting is how it's gonna play, are we talking Sekiro, Dark Souls, or something in-between or something new.

sublimit

Banned
I expected the graphics to be a bit more impressive (honestly this looks like the exact same engine as DS3) but holy crap the game looks awesome. From Software really knows how to make trailers that are full of gameplay and make the player's imagination run wild.

Does it matter?. Maybe they decided to go with Geoff because they believe in what he's trying to do with SGF.
Nah, found the supposed reason. Allegedly, Namco used their position as publisher to veto the MS show reveal as Namco doesn't want to appear to be taking sides in any arms race for content between MS and Sony.

Last edited:
It looks good but it’s basically dark souls 4
Even though they were very secretive and mysterious with this game for a really long time, that’s actually fine with me. As long as they try to build and improve on it’s tried and true formula, I should be happy with it.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Mon Dieu ! Finally !

Hype over the roof ! It looks so fucking great ! The landscape are so beautiful !

That sounds like day one for me and it doesn't happen often!

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Looks like there gonna be invaders ala Soul Games. From's characters design are industrials best of the .

Top Bottom