• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Pre Orders are Open

R6Rider

Gold Member
z1hDi3n.jpg
Is your TV on the floor?

R6Rider

Gold Member
YES. I bought a flat 1 month ago and due to supply chain issues I’m still waiting for the tv stand! Coming early December. I’ll take a photo when I have a stand. Thanks Obama!
Yeah you can post it in the Show Your Gaming Setup thread.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmmm, should I get the standard digital edition for 739 SEK (€74) or the nice physical steelbook launch edition for 599 SEK (€60). Hmmmmmmmm indeed.

EU PS Store prices are so stupid.

Just got an email that I'm not getting the Collectors Edition because the pre order numbers are through the roof.

Well fuck em and let me have the steel book launch edition and some of my dignity.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Last edited:

Aenima

You guys get a steelbook? Here in Sweden the launch edition is like this:

elden-ring-launch-edition-ps5.jpg

Still pretty nice, but no steelbook it seems.

EDIT: My image is how it looks on the Bandai Namco store: https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/eu/product/679592/elden-ring-launch-edition-ps5

So that steelbook must be some retailer-specific thing that they're throwing in on top?
Not sure as well. But in the Bandai site it mentions the stellbook case for the Launch Edition in the item description when you scroll down.

THE LAUNCH EDITION:

er-launch-edition-192_1080-en-1635859850

• Game: Physical ELDEN RING game disc (except for PC where it will be a code in a box), available on Xbox Series X/S-Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC Download
  • Art cards: 3 Exclusive Art cards depicting the scenery of the LANDS BETWEEN, Size: 135X170mm
  • Woven Patch: An exclusive woven patch, bring the rune everywhere with you.
  • Stickers: 3 exclusive stickers featuring in-game emblem patterns.
  • Poster : An exclusive poster representing a hero from the past, Size: 39X334mm
  • An alternative Steelbook : an exclusive and limited Steelbook depicting a hero of the past
alternative-steelbook-1635936288-f5b2.pn

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not sure as well. But in the Bandai site it mentions the stellbook case for the Launch Edition in the item description when you scroll down.

THE LAUNCH EDITION:

er-launch-edition-192_1080-en-1635859850

• Game: Physical ELDEN RING game disc (except for PC where it will be a code in a box), available on Xbox Series X/S-Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC Download
  • Art cards: 3 Exclusive Art cards depicting the scenery of the LANDS BETWEEN, Size: 135X170mm
  • Woven Patch: An exclusive woven patch, bring the rune everywhere with you.
  • Stickers: 3 exclusive stickers featuring in-game emblem patterns.
  • Poster : An exclusive poster representing a hero from the past, Size: 39X334mm
  • An alternative Steelbook : an exclusive and limited Steelbook depicting a hero of the past
alternative-steelbook-1635936288-f5b2.pn

Strange. We'll see then I guess.

Solarstrike

finagled from Target. *ALERT*

Pre-ordered the CE on the 4th of November at a Target's website. Had the payment option set through Paypal (4 payments). All set, even got a confirmation number and order number. Today, the 8th of December, I get a notice from Target saying there was a payment problem and that my order was cancelled. No prior email, no communication from Target notifying me of payment pending, or a "Make sure your payment option is accurate and up to date, etc. notice. Or even a "We do not accept Paypal as payment. Please choose another payment option"...My Collector's Edition is now gone. Zip, Zero. The supervisor offered me a $25 gift card.

. . .

Immediately after the phone-call with Target I called Paypal to see what they could explain. Spoke to a supervisor their response was that Target refused Paypal as a payment. Now I don't know if this a because of the pre-order status which caused a problem in payment process or what. says it doesn't and everything was fine with my payment stated Target didn't even attempt to collect the payment. Anyone get this problem with Target?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
finagled from Target. *ALERT*

Pre-ordered the CE on the 4th of November at a Target's website. Had the payment option set through Paypal (4 payments). All set, even got a confirmation number and order number. Today, the 8th of December, I get a notice from Target saying there was a payment problem and that my order was cancelled. No prior email, no communication from Target notifying me of payment pending, or a "Make sure your payment option is accurate and up to date, etc. notice. Or even a "We do not accept Paypal as payment. Please choose another payment option"...My Collector's Edition is now gone. Zip, Zero. The supervisor offered me a $25 gift card.

. . .

Immediately after the phone-call with Target I called Paypal to see what they could explain. Spoke to a supervisor their response was that Target refused Paypal as a payment. Now I don't know if this a because of the pre-order status which caused a problem in payment process or what. says it doesn't and everything was fine with my payment stated Target didn't even attempt to collect the payment. Anyone get this problem with Target?
I have not. I would imagine Target doesn’t wasn’t to pay for processing the PayPal transactions. Target has a Red card where you tie your bank card to it and you always get 5% off purchases. If you have a smart phone - setup Apple Pay. Super fast check out with no hassle. I’d honestly call Target again and see if they can pull some strings. What happens to that preorder now since you couldn’t claim it? See if there’s another manager. $25 is settling.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

I have not. I would imagine Target doesn’t wasn’t to pay for processing the PayPal transactions. Target has a Red card where you tie your bank card to it and you always get 5% off purchases. If you have a smart phone - setup Apple Pay. Super fast check out with no hassle. I’d honestly call Target again and see if they can pull some strings. What happens to that preorder now since you couldn’t claim it? See if there’s another manager. $25 is settling.

Target said the item was no longer available. All they had to do was use my other payment option if the first wasn't successful. Basically, they didn't want to help remedy the situation and threw a $25 gift card at me :/

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Target said the item was no longer available. All they had to do was use my other payment option if the first wasn't successful. Basically, they didn't want to help remedy the situation and threw a $25 gift card at me :/
That sucks and I’m sorry they did that to you. Have you checked Bandai Namco’s web site?

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Will buy once I know what the framerate is like lol.
They have a decent track record on the previous gen. Nothing's guaranteed since it's open world, but given the engine and past performance, I predict:

30fps with frame pacing issues on PS4/XOS
60fps with frame pacing issues on PS4Pro/XOX

30fps on Current Gen (Quality/Res)
60fps on Current Gen (Perf)

60fps capped on PC

Jaysen

Banned
So far the only console version that performed well in the test was the PS4 version running on PS5. I have no faith in From to fix that.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
So far the only console version that performed well in the test was the PS4 version running on PS5. I have no faith in From to fix that.
Bloodborne got a very significant performance improvement patch after launch.

Dark souls 3 got a very significant performance improvement patch after launch.

Sekiro got a very significant performance improvement patch after launch.

Why do you doubt they would keep improving the game. Each of these titles also added features and/or content post launch as well. From has a decent track record of supporting their titles.

Fools idol

Banned
Welp, just placed my preorder. Going for Ps5 this time around.

I have that excited feeling in my gut every time we are mere weeks away from a new Miyazaki game. I plan to take at least a week out from everything to chill in my gaming room, eat a bunch of junk food and immerse myself in this shit. My body is fucking ready lads.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Any idea if ps5 launch edition comes with a black case, normal blue case or steelcase ?
I could more reasonably go with pc version... but I got burned few recent times going with pc versions instead of ps5

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Used to be interested with collectors ediion but i have no more room for statue and figurines so regular version it is

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I know it's early but is there any news on how big these expansion packs are going to be? Are they a reasonable size in the other Souls games?
Just want to know before I preorder a digital version.

Relique

I know it's early but is there any news on how big these expansion packs are going to be? Are they a reasonable size in the other Souls games?
Just want to know before I preorder a digital version.
Varied by game. If we count all the DLC together, they were anywhere between 7-20ish hours per game for a first playthrough.

Fools idol

Banned
only idiots pre order. Thanks for ruining gaming.

lol - I pre oredered because here in the UK the supply chains are all fucked and launch day high anticipation releases like this get bought up by bots and resale for scalps.. that probably isnt an issue everywhere but I had to wait almost 2 months to get a physical copy of animal crossing on switch. I do not want digital games.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

only idiots pre order. Thanks for ruining gaming.
Nah, just really depends on the game, and situation.

This was the first time I preordered a game in quite awhile. Got the collector's on PS5.

Also, double dipped on PC. 👀

I have absolutely zero regrets.

Gaming consumers are the most stupid consumers no surprises. In every other branche you go bankrupt within a month with how devs and publisher treat customers. Lovely.

MiguelItUp

Gaming consumers are the most stupid consumers no surprises. In every other branche you go bankrupt within a month with how devs and publisher treat customers. Lovely.
jack-off-jerk-off.gif

We get it, you don't dig it, don't do it then. Simple as that. For those that want to because of its lower price or other incentives, let them. Move on.

Top Bottom