• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring PC system requirements are here

Draugoth

Gold Member
tzjHszVtWytAx6peSW37o5-1024-80.jpg.webp

Elden Ring PC system requirements have just arrived from The Lands Between, but they've come with some odd demands and omissions.

The Steam page for Elden Ring was quietly updated with minimum system requirements earlier today, though it's worth noting that they read like oddly bare-bones, boilerplate specs. For the time being, here's how they're shaping up:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
  • RAM: 12GB
  • Storage: 60GB free space

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not sure why the requirements wouldn't be this low. DS3 and SEKIRO had pretty similar requirements despite three years separating them. If you have a modest PC, I can't see you not being able to chew through this game.

JeloSWE

I'll probably wait for the Ray Tracing patch before I buy the game. It just looks so flat compared to DS remake.

Boneless

They removed them from steam ago, probably made a mistake in the reqs.

I should be OK with my Alden Lake and 3080.

Hinedorf

Banned
Looking at those damn reviews was the biggest mistake a couple weeks away, the impatience factor is maxed out

Pejo

Man I get a little nervous every time I see a specs thread. Looks like I'm still ok but I'm sweating that eventual need to upgrade.

Somebody crash ethereum already.

SirVoltus

I only have a 1070. This is the first time I’ve I’ve felt like I’m falling behind the curve.
I have one too on my system. I am curious to see how the final release will perform. If it renders 4k 60 fps consistently on next gen then it will do 1440p 60 fps fine on a 1070 with more or less the same graphic quality..

Buggy Loop

Yea bullshit requirements. Taken down, but there’s no way 12GB would be minimal requirement, it’s so overstated the importance of system memory that most games have a 1~2 fps difference from 16GB to 4GB.

Certainly a PS4 baseline game would not require 12GB and a 1060 as minimum. I feel like devs just don’t know what to put on steam system requirements.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Rather Beefy min specs considering they elden ring us on ps4/x1
Which either means poor optimization for the PC version, or vastly improved from the PS4/X1 versions.

Knowing FROM's track record, I have a pretty good idea which.

Not that it matters to me, though. Game's gonna be awesome either way.

REDRZA MWS

Which either means poor optimization for the PC version, or vastly improved from the PS4/X1 versions.

Yeah please don’t say this lmao! I have a pretty solid PC but almost never game on it. I chose ER because I thought it would be the perfect game to get on pc as I have no friends to play with and am playing solo anyway. If the PS5/SX versions end up better I’ll be disgusted.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Yeah please don’t say this lmao! I have a pretty solid PC but almost never game on it. I chose ER because I thought it would be the perfect game to get on pc as I have no friends to play with and am playing solo anyway. If the PS5/SX versions end up better I’ll be disgusted.
Oh, I don't think they will be. I think the PC version will be the best one, but it just will need a far stronger PC than it needed to in order to be better.

Last edited:
PC version will be the best one after a few modders fix the issues and qol updates.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Usually these happen in 3-5 months after the release.
We still don't have proper modding for God of war.
Exactly . I’m not betting on mods. The PC version should be better than any other platform out of the gate if you have the hardware.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Or - and bear with me here - the PS4 and XB1 are bespoke system designs that are both easier to develop for given this quality and will most definitely be running the game at less than PC minimum specifications.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm quite disappointed with their first open world game having such an arcahic lighting system. All they need is shadow casting lights (local) in order to push it to their old demo of their Dark Souls 3 game which was downgraded. They seem like they just went with content and no engine improvements. Really makes me sad for all the hours one will have to put into the game to finish it looking at such a crude lighting system in 2022.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I'm quite disappointed with their first open world game having such an arcahic lighting system. All they need is shadow casting lights (local) in order to push it to their old demo of their Dark Souls 3 game which was downgraded. They seem like they just went with content and no engine improvements. Really makes me sad for all the hours one will have to put into the game to finish it looking at such a crude lighting system in 2022.
Would you say the lighting is even behind the pre-release dark souls 2 they showed off? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Buggy Loop

I think their games have never looked better than this, especially now outside with the dynamic day/night. What’s weird is the underground/dungeons where sometimes you see shadows casted correctly and sometimes not.

I hope that their upcoming RT is a full blown RT GI, not just reflections, or worse, AMD sponsored RT shadows 🤣

SantaC

You are forgetting that they had to cater to freaking xbox one base model. That tech is from 2012.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I'm still seething to this day. What a big disappointment this game was (for me).
Actually, what damaged Dark Souls II was the incredible ambition of the project.

If you haven't done so already, go watch a 'Dark Souls II What happened/What went wrong' video which explains the game's troubled development, original epic scope, the hampering caused by the target consoles' archaic hardware, and other stuff.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

You are forgetting that they had to cater to freaking xbox one base model. That tech is from 2012.
Nobody “had” to cater to 2012 Xbox one. FROM is a 3rd party Dev. They could have targeted PS5, XSX/S, PC. Deciding to target last gen is on FROM.

rofif

Banned
It was dark souls 2 demo. They never recreated it in reality sadly.
Their lod system and geometry is top notch but lighting was never ideal

Last edited:
Top Bottom