• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING Patch 1.3 is available with multiple changes

GermanZepp

Easy mode without an official easy mode. With great sales comes great accessibility
I play magic build for the first time in any From game and the game kick my ass. This Magic=easy mode meme does no cut through if you dosen't have a "routemap" and look for everything in the right order and put the runes into a good build. My two cents though.

Last edited:

SSfox

Can someone show me the mimic thing? I'm full strength build with no magics and cie don't know what is that.

Tomeru

Can someone show me the mimic thing? I'm full strength build with no magics and cie don't know what is that.
The mimic is a summon (like the wolves or the jelly fish you cam find early on). It summons a copy of your character.

Buggy Loop

They apparently nerfed the Moonveil’s poise damage 😭

200.gif

LavosBit

Neo Member
Because most of the Sorceries were useless and only a handful of spells were good.
Preview of Patch Notes V1.04:

Ashes of War (all); Increased attack strength and modified behavior to attack player character instead of enemies. Increased FP cost.

Edit: Sorry, didn’t mean to quote you.

Last edited:

TonyK

I'm using Ruins Greatsword, a legendary weapon upgraded to maximum level. Has it been nerfed after the patch??

Plantoid

Much appreciated patch, and more is needed, katanas are too powerful right now, have long reach, longer than some polearms, high dmg, fast moveset, incredible high poise DMG for it's weight...

I have 1 character at 150 Ng+ that i will keep for pvp, going to start another journey with a int character to do the nephali loux questline and get the new ending, i did lord of frenzy on my first playthrough

I knew Bloody Slash was gonna get nerfed the moment I started using it. It was seriously OP, one shotting enemies and destroying bosses in 5-6 hits.
The thing about Bloody Slash was that it was only imbalanced for early game, which made it a good tool for newbies. You try using that skill past Liurnia and you'll see that it was already balanced pre-patch, just for mid to late game areas. The actual issue was that they handed it to you too soon and the drop for it should have been after the Liurnia main boss. However instead of simply moving where you acquire it, they decided to just nerf it. Odd choice.

Much appreciated patch, and more is needed, katanas are too powerful right now, have long reach, longer than some polearms, high dmg, fast moveset, incredible high poise DMG for it's weight...

Nerfing katanas as a whole isn't the answer. Nerfing the two katanas that have been known to be way too powerful(moonveil and malenia) are fine. However, I think you're avoiding the elephant in the room here when talking about nerfs, especially when that elephant just received a ton of buffs.

Pejo

You know, I found SoNaF completely blind, had no idea it was a meme weapon, and built the shit out of it because it was cool, had multiple damage types, and was great in a variety of situations. I get that it likely needed nerfs since it was so good in so many situations, but holy shit did they overdo it. They not only nerfed the damage, but the range on BOTH skills. Now you have to be Pike distance just to hit with either of them, and niether of them track up/down anymore to accommodate elevation changes. The fire goes right over shorter enemies, which really fucked me in some group battles after the patch.

Again, I get that it was a meme weapon, but for those of us that just found it through exploration and grew to like the weapon, they did it a little too dirty in a single patch. Wish I at least had a way to refund those smithing stones to use on something else.

GermanZepp

You know, I found SoNaF completely blind, had no idea it was a meme weapon, and built the shit out of it because it was cool, had multiple damage types, and was great in a variety of situations. I get that it likely needed nerfs since it was so good in so many situations, but holy shit did they overdo it. They not only nerfed the damage, but the range on BOTH skills. Now you have to be Pike distance just to hit with either of them, and niether of them track up/down anymore to accommodate elevation changes. The fire goes right over shorter enemies, which really fucked me in some group battles after the patch.

Again, I get that it was a meme weapon, but for those of us that just found it through exploration and grew to like the weapon, they did it a little too dirty in a single patch. Wish I at least had a way to refund those smithing stones to use on something else.
I meet the faith points requirements yesterday. :messenger_grinning_squinting: At lest i didn't put some stone on it.

Plantoid

Nerfing katanas as a whole isn't the answer. Nerfing the two katanas that have been known to be way too powerful(moonveil and malenia) are fine. However, I think you're avoiding the elephant in the room here when talking about nerfs, especially when that elephant just received a ton of buffs.
I play more as a melee, so I didn't pay that much attention to magic, I know it's busted tho, just focused on katanas because even the uchigatana the starting weapon is poise breaking bosses in 3x unsheathes, faster than halberds and other heavier weapons

They apparently nerfed the Moonveil’s poise damage 😭

200.gif
After careful analyzing and usage myself, including looking at what some people have said in reddit and youtube, this is what they've actually done with the Moonveil:

The beam that comes out of moonveil's skill attack no longer does the poise damage. You now have to connect with the physical blade to do poise damage, like unsheathe.

This nerf is perfectly acceptable, so false alarm moonveil users.

I play more as a melee, so I didn't pay that much attention to magic, I know it's busted tho, just focused on katanas because even the uchigatana the starting weapon is poise breaking bosses in 3x unsheathes, faster than halberds and other heavier weapons

I think this was done on purpose to please Sekiro fans since they did not add Sekiro's version of parry into the game(kind of). I'm okay with the poise damage because you have to be extremely close to do it anyway so that's the tradeoff. If this is any consolation, just like Bloody Slash, Katanas are mainly that good up until post-Liurnia(mid-game ish). The damage starts to balance out after that point in the game and everything else starts to hit like a truck.

Last edited:
Hold up - did they nerf the damage the Mimic Tear does, or did they nerf the amount of damage it does to YOU by summoning it? Notes are unclear

Codes 208

Hold up - did they nerf the damage the Mimic Tear does, or did they nerf the amount of damage it does to YOU by summoning it? Notes are unclear
The damage it takes to you, but i believe they made it more passive so you cnat just let it go toe to toe with bosses any more

The damage it takes to you, but i believe they made it more passive so you cnat just let it go toe to toe with bosses any more
So.......that's completely fine right? I just got the Mimic Tear last night and used it once. I plan on using it to replace my Jellyfish which acts as a distraction mostly for bosses with multiple enemies.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
For those playing on console an unfortunate change: you now have to sit through the games logos if you quit the game, instead of it just going right back to the main menu.

Why have the buffed the sorceries while nerfing everything else? Do they really want people to play as casters?

One can make the argument that they should have just nerfed Glintstone Pebble, but this at least (one thinks) would now make the other sorceries viable.

Codes 208

So.......that's completely fine right? I just got the Mimic Tear last night and used it once. I plan on using it to replace my Jellyfish which acts as a distraction mostly for bosses with multiple enemies.
Seems to be more balanced out, it takes less health to use but its also less aggressive now so for a distraction it’d be better than the jellyfish

Codes 208

For those playing on console an unfortunate change: you now have to sit through the games logos if you quit the game, instead of it just going right back to the main menu.

One can make the argument that they should have just nerfed Glintstone Pebble, but this at least (one thinks) would now make the other sorceries viable.
Or you could just exit out after you know the autosave kicked in. Been doing that since bloodborne

Buggy Loop

Apparently now arcane is scaling well with blood weapons. Like River’s of blood katana is « fixed » as working properly with arcane.

I guess that’s an alternative interesting build 🤔

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Or you could just exit out after you know the autosave kicked in. Been doing that since bloodborne

I sometimes quit out when I want to try a boss over or get out of a tight combat spot (or out of combat period); so I'm not done for the play session, just want to 'reset' the game as it were. I was very surprised when loading the game up on PS5 (from PC) that there were no logo-screens period; game just starts and dumps you to the main menu on a cold boot or puts you back to the main menu once you hit quit.

Seems to be more balanced out, it takes less health to use but its also less aggressive now so for a distraction it’d be better than the jellyfish
Cool, the Jellyfish has been a legit MVP for me. I'll probably switch back to it but I figured I'd give the Mimic a chance. I'm thinking of trying the greatshield soldiers instead of my wolves too. I love that the two initial summons have been viable for 60+ hours though.

Arthimura

I was playing yesterday when they rolled out the patch, got disconnected and after updating my game there were icons for each NPC.

I didn't understand, i thought it was a design choice. I was marking the NPC locations with the map marks.

That explains why they suddenly started showing in the map.

somesang

These nerfs make sense cause of PVP but man, I'm a bit bummed my mimic is just a sidekick now instead of the real hero. I liked having the option to make the game a bit more casual. Speaking of casual, I started using Hoarfrost Stomp yesterday and that definitely needed a nerf. Shit was easy mode. I cleared Sol Castle with just that Ash of War. Nothing was a threat.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My buuthurt was I M M E N S E when I read that Bloody Slash was nerfed but played 2 hours post-patch and honestly the move is still good against the AI. Takes a solid ~6% off my health bar now whereas before it was more like 3%. Windup animation is a little longer.

Apparently now arcane is scaling well with blood weapons. Like River’s of blood katana is « fixed » as working properly with arcane.

I guess that’s an alternative interesting build 🤔

There's a katana in Bloodborne that does that. The good ole' Chikage.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Stealth nerf to Moonveil. It still scales far better than Meteorite Katana anyways. RIP to Barricade tho. Loved double buffing my shield with the sorc spell.

Having put like 150 hours into this game, I could pretty much predict all the nerfs. They all seem fairly justified, although ngl I do wish some of them weren't implemented.

Hoarfrost was so busted. I used it to beat Melania, then decided to test it out on PVP. it was stupid strong in pvp. with that bloodhound step teleport you could literally teleport in circles around them spamming hoarfrost. the AoE of it is pretty damn big so it is incredibly hard to avoid. sometimes you simply can't dodge it if you get targeted when you're in the center of its range.

I just respecd this past weekend but thinking of respecing again. I was waiting for them to fix arcane. currently pure dex but arcane/dex does seem interesting.

edit: for the people upset about bloody slash, wasn't Seppuku always superior for bleed builds? I haven't tried bloody slash so can't comment, but Seppuku was insane. I don't see any notes about it being directly or indirectly nerfed.

Last edited:
Glad I accomplished my goal of beating the game on PS5 and Series X before this patch.

However, I was going to help people with op builds with bosses and whatnot. Now I'm kind of deflated with that idea and burned out.

edit: for the people upset about bloody slash, wasn't Seppuku always superior for bleed builds? I haven't tried bloody slash so can't comment, but Seppuku was insane. I don't see any notes about it being directly or indirectly nerfed.
The key difference is where each skill is located. Bloody Slash is located on the very first continent in the game(and is a skill that feels too strong for the first third of the game). Seppuku is located way, way later in the game which is why it wasn't nerfed. The best way to 'nerf' bloody slash would have been moving it to Liurnia, but it's too late for that now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
These quest changes are gonna break a bunch of stuff if you're already in the middle of those quests, aren't they? I see several I have going on...

Being able to mark NPCs is useful. Been using the "person" markers for that, but that doesn't tell you anything except that there's someone there. Now what will I use those markers for? 🤔

But in general, it seems like this update is made to make the game easier? Maybe they're afraid all the newcomers will find it too hard and not return for future games... I personally have found it easier than the earlier games overall so far (except right at the start when I thought I could take on Margit without first putting in the work to be ready for him). I'm not that far yet though, and I'm fully melee + bow, no magic stuff (except for spirit summons), so I guess this won't make the game any easier for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom