• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring is the Ultimate Game of the Year at the 2022 Golden Joystick Awards

Draugoth

Gold Member
64xd27pblk1a1.png

Elden Ring has won the Ultimate Game of the Year Award at this year's Golden Joysticks - and, let's face it, are you surprised?

2022 has essentially been dominated by FromSoftware's latest title, with Elden Ring taking the studio's challenging gameplay formula to an open-world setting for the first time.

This is Elden Ring's fourth award win of the evening at this year's Golden Joystick Awards, with the title also taking home the gongs for Best Visual Design, Best Multiplayer Game, and Critics' Choice.

The full list of nominees for this year's Ultimate Game of the Year award was as follows:

In our Elden Ring review from Joel Franey, we could believe how much it was " both a refinement and evolution of the Dark Souls formula, presenting an expansive world that's as hostile as it is inviting", before admitting that "suffering has never been as much fun".

"When Elden Ring hits the rails, the momentum carries it forward and refuses to slow down. My peaks of rage at being stomped on by towering titans never stopped being fun despite that, with that very particular form of masochistic joy you get from wrestling with FromSoftware games. It might not be as groundbreaking as its inspirations, but taken on its own terms, Elden Ring might be the best of its brethren - and that's something I'm still struggling to believe has actually happened."

Discover the best games of 2022 at the

tommib

Well deserved win of course.

Horizon and God of War were the runner ups for overall GOTY but Stray is the playstation game of the year?
How does that work?
Stray was not a sequel and original?

Of course GT7 should’ve won.

Last edited:

Aenima

That and cod or fifa or something like that should have won. I didn't even know there was multiplayer in elden ring.
Elden Ring has co-op and the worst PVP ever in a souls game. If this is the best MP game then im sorry for the MP bros that had to deal with something worst this year.

Last edited:

tommib

Lmfao i wasn't consider the co op 🤣 stupid me.

But yeah that's not enough to be consider the best multiplayer game. Come on
It’s not only co-op. It’s invasions, signs, accords… I don’t know why that’s a less of a multiplayer experience. Specially with 17 million players. The charm of Souls the experience is also the multiplayer.

if forbidden west
'attack of the elderly expats from sirius!'
actually was the best story-telling of 2022, then we are all already dead...

R6Rider

Gold Member
Honestly Sniper Elite 5 should have won best multiplayer. Had full on campaign co-op. squad based wave modes, regular TDM modes, and of course invasions.

I need to get back into it soon.

SLB1904

Banned
It’s not only co-op. It’s invasions, signs, accords… I don’t know why that’s a less of a multiplayer experience. Specially with 17 million players. The charm of Souls the experience is also the multiplayer.
Exactly. It's charming. But it isn't a robust mp like cod, fifa gt7 etc where is the part of the game.
You can play enjoy elden ring even without mp. But those games are part of it. And they do well mp wise. I'm just saying. I just think is a weird choice when loads of games are more mp focus than it

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Irrelevant list after seeing Elden Ring win best fucking multiplayer game, and Stray win best PlayStation game. Lmao. Way to destroy any credibility. Just a bunch of positive review bombs.

And horizon better story than Ragnarok?

Joke list and one that’s hard to take seriously

Last edited:
Top Bottom