• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring is the Ultimate Game of the Year at the 2022 Golden Joystick Awards

Kuranghi

Elden Ring or generally souls is not for me at all I've decided, glad you all enjoy it though. I like watching my flatmate play it. I'll stick to every other game thats not a soulslike.

Neolombax

Elden ring is a fantastic game, i couldnt beat it, but i recognize how amazing it is. Stray winning best ps game is hillarious. Youre saying it won against horizon and gt7? Really?

2zfUAMK.jpg
Stray > GOW2 confirmed

FingerBang

I am playing God of War Ragnarok and loving it, but I still think of Elden Ring when I'm holding the controller sometimes.

Handel

Well deserved GOTY win.

Sad that not enough of the public will actually play games with really good storytelling, like Pentiment. Horizon FW winning Best Storytelling is such a joke.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
ITT: “GOTY awards are a joke if the games I like don’t win.”

These results show exactly how seriously you should take all of these awards.

Stray and Grounded, bwa hahahaa . . . well I no longer take these awards seriously.
Also best early access release definitely shouldn't be a thing. Why are they encouraging early access BS?

Flutta

Banned
ER is no doubt the best game this year. It’s not even close. Imo it’s the best game this gen so far.

LMAO at Horizon Forbidden Twat for best Story……. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kacho

Gold Member

It's obviously this lmao

Can't imagine taking any of this stuff seriously, outside of shitposting for laughs. With that said, we had a guy talking about the number of NPD wins the other day so jimmies being rustled doesn't surprise me.

tommib

It’s indeed funny to see throughout the whole year everyone hating awards and pretending to play the games they like because awards and critics mean shit and fuck metacritic and entitled journalists…

…and then November comes…

OMG STRAAYYYYYYZ!!! THIS INDUSTRY DESErveZ AND NEEDS TO DIIIEEEE!!!

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
It’s not only co-op. It’s invasions, signs, accords… I don’t know why that’s a less of a multiplayer experience. Specially with 17 million players. The charm of Souls the experience is also the multiplayer.

Elden ring is a rightful GOTY but no way it should be best multiplayer. Connectivity sucks, the coop sucks, the invitation system sucks. Signs and accords are just little details that albeit nice are not award deserving.

The best way to experience elden ring coop is via a mod on PC to make it seamless.

You're entitled to believe it does, but many games do multiplayer better.

DragonNCM

Played forbidden west damn good game - GOTY contender for sure !
Playing GoW:Ragnarok first 10hours are soso but after game opens grate - GOTY contender for sure !
THEY PICKED FUCKING STRAY !
giphy.gif

Irrelevant list after seeing Elden Ring win best fucking multiplayer game, and Stray win best PlayStation game. Lmao. Way to destroy any credibility. Just a bunch of positive review bombs.

And horizon better story than Ragnarok?

Joke list and one that’s hard to take seriously

This

The fact that they closed the window for voting on most of these categories right before Ragnorok was actually released is kind of B.S but Stray winning any awards and Elden Ring winning best multiplayer is simply embarassing

Top Bottom