• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring is the Ultimate Game of the Year at the 2022 Golden Joystick Awards

ER won best Multiplayer, Stray won best PS game, Horizon won best storytelling.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Lupin25

Lol “Ultimate Game of the Year”

Everyone wants their award to be the best, I guess.

Congrats to From Software

Banjo64

cumsessed
The only fifa I haven't play is the 2023 since 2009 you tell me
I’ve never met anyone who plays FIFA in any meaningful way who would say it deserves to be called the best multiplayer game of the year. In fact, most of the hardcore fans would probably tell you it’s the shittest online game of the year.

SLB1904

Banned
I’ve never met anyone who plays FIFA in any meaningful way who would say it deserves to be called the best multiplayer game of the year. In fact, most of the hardcore fans would probably tell you it’s the shittest online game of the year.
Would you care to tell me why?
It does what it supposed to do. Play against other people. Am I missing something.

SLB1904

Banned
You also play against other people in Elden Ring. There are clans everywhere. Why is FIFA better?
You also play against other people in Elden Ring. There are clans everywhere. Why is FIFA better?
Fifa is a basically made around online stuff

To explain I need to write loads of stuff
This pretty much has everything the game has to offer. But again we just getting hang up too much on fifa. My point is a load of games has a more robust online system.
Didn't destiny 2 release a new expansion or something this year as well. I guess that game is very popular

DavidGzz

Being summoned in ER and helping the host find secret bosses behind secret doors in certain caves and then being invaded and helping to keep the host alive. Those are some awesome moments and much more unique than yet another round of CoD. Well deserved awards.

3liteDragon

Who’s voting in this lol, FW as best story (story was decent but not as good as the first one imo) & Stray as PS GOTY.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Storytelling in horizon?? Countless hours of terrible bad story told to you by characters who get more annoying..,

Stray should win storytelling. Told very nicely through the world.

Not sure if er had a story lol or narrative. Just some weird stuff

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not a single award for gow ragnarok?

Playstation GOTY is Stray? A fukin cat game beat gow ragnarok?

Whos the crackhead responsible for this shitty results?

You know this award is garbage when stray beat gow ragnarok

I wonder if these awards were purely community votes. Like for the Game Awards goty it's 10% player votes and 90% jury.

More than half of these don't make sense in the slightest

Last edited:

Jennings

As for Nintendo game of the year being Pokemon, I thought everybody was mad at that game. I don't play Pokemon so I have no opinion, but Bayonetta 3 would be my choice amongst the 2022 Nintendo games I actually played.

Fredrik

Not a single award for gow ragnarok?

Playstation GOTY is Stray? A fukin cat game beat gow ragnarok?

Whos the crackhead responsible for this shitty results?
If it’s regular consumers voting that’s going to affect the results, GOWR has only been out for 2 weeks. How many has already finished it? I haven’t. Have you?

Anyhow, congrats FROM and Elden Ring!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good for those who are rooting for this. I will be consistent with this as I've said in the past, these games are overrated.

Good on those who enjoy and live/die by the sword but most people I know simply don't gravitate to this one.

Congrats to the devs as they surely worked hard on this one even if not for me.

Roberts

Glad about Grounded getting at least one award. Just finished another two hour session and can’t stop admiring it. So, so good.

gothmog

Gold Member
Elden Ring deserves the praise and the awards. But what the fuck is up with the rest of the list? It's like some kind of weaponized trolling list mean to cause heads to explode.

amscanner

To be fair, GOW Ragnarok isn't nominated to any category except Ultimate Game Of The Years, because of its release date. So even you are not seeing 'Ragnarok' in the list, plz chill down GOW fans :messenger_beaming:

Airbus Jr

Banned
If it’s regular consumers voting that’s going to affect the results, GOWR has only been out for 2 weeks. How many has already finished it? I haven’t. Have you?

Anyhow, congrats FROM and Elden Ring!
Found out the voting started when gow ragnarok wasnt around

Horizon beating Immortality for best story telling is like Thor Love and Thunder beating everywhere everything all at once silliness. Immortality is far better as a narrative.

Top Bottom