• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring is the most awarded game of 2022 with 119 Game of the Year awards

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)
u trying to be funny?

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Every studio: But they could have made so much more money if they filled it with microtransactions and cut content to sell as DLC, what idiots.

Gamers: From Software are gods.

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Mexen

Always nice to see something you enjoy get this magnitude of recognition.
Looking forward to all the DLC.

Fredrik

The mediocre and bloated GOW R was no match at all. Had it been released in February and Elden Ring in November (so the other way around) it would have barely won any GOTY at all, and everyone would now be speaking in retrospect how a turd it was (like everyone will be saying in 6 months)
This is such an exaggeration.

The real problem for GOWR is that Elden Ring is a once in a generation type of game. I think even Zelda TOTK and Starfield would’ve been stomped if they had been released this year.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I mean if we're gonna go there, when segregating Reader's Choice out of the tally so far, Elden Ring has already surpassed TLOU2.

Elden Ring: Media outlets: 237
TLOU 2: Media Outlets: 208

Additionally TLOU2 won 50.1% of the total GotY awards given out in 2020 when all was said and done. Right now Elden Ring is sitting at 73.9%, and if the previous years were anything to go by, there's still roughly 100-150 still to come for Q1 2023. I don't think Elden Ring will beat out TLOU2 when it comes to the Reader's Choice total because there was a lot of fuckery in 2020 with random social media accounts being counted for GoTY, in additional to Playstation having a lot of fans, but I think overall Elden Ring is on pace to to pass TLOU2's total of 322.

Madflavor

Wish I liked this game as much as other people. By no means is it bad, but I feel like it's From's worst work since DS2. BB, DS3, and sekiro are significantly better.

There's never really been a generally agreed upon consensus among the fans on what's FromSoftware's best work, except maaaaaybe Bloodborne. But I think that speaks to the quality of all their games.

There's never really been a generally agreed upon consensus among the fans on what's FromSoftware's best work, except maaaaaybe Bloodborne. But I think that speaks to the quality of all their games.
Guess that is fair. I always thought BB and DS3 stood out as their best. Feel like most people would agree with BB as you said, but curious how people would rank them in general

Did this game perform up to sales expectations? Sony usually brags about sales but they didn’t release figures on this one. This brand in general seems bigger to the executives than it is as a house hold IP. The fact it’s getting an MMO, a remake and a VR game when it’s former head is now head of Sony studios seems like a bit of favoritism.

Wish I liked this game as much as other people. By no means is it bad, but I feel like it's From's worst work since DS2. BB, DS3, and sekiro are significantly better.

No game has universal appeal, i wouldn't care how much popularity something garners if i don't vibe with it.

Now i think your opinion is fucking insane and Elden Ring is one of my favorite video games ever made, easily surpassing everything From has ever made. Haha!

Top Bottom