• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Impressions: Exploring The Open World, Dungeons, and More (Game Informer)

sublimit

Banned
I'm excited, but from a technical perspective, it looks like such a downgrade from Demon's Souls.

From should design their games and have a studio like Bluepoint (or someone else, since they're first-party now), implement their design.

Regardless, day one.
Well unlike Demon's Souls Remake Elden Ring begun development as a PS4/XB1 game. It's not surprising that graphically it looks like a previous gen game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The lack of info could be pointing to a delay, sadly.

Obviously I hope not but we need to brace for the possibility.
I would imagine special editions would be ironed out by now. I’m all up for waiting because when it’s done it’ll be totally worth the wait. TGS might not be what From Software wants. Maybe the Game Awards? They did do incredibly well at the GA as well as the summer game fest was when the reveal trailer was released.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What’s all this crap comparing Elden Ring to Demon’s Souls graphically?

From have made Elden Ring for last gen, not current. It’s not going to look or perform better than Sekiro. DeS is a Ps5 exclusive.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I would imagine special editions would be ironed out by now. I’m all up for waiting because when it’s done it’ll be totally worth the wait. TGS might not be what From Software wants. Maybe the Game Awards? They did do incredibly well at the GA as well as the summer game fest was when the reveal trailer was released.
Yeah I’ll agree with that. From’s games are never technically polished, so don’t rush it and iron out the bugs and other issues for an acceptable release.

For the game itself, I can’t wait. I hope for a “performance” mode on current-Gen consoles with a fairly steady 60.

Loope

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

ymoc

I'm really really curious about what they ultimately decide to do with the PVP. There's been talk of no solo host invasions, which is a bummer since I love doing solo survivals in DS3 from time to time.

I'm excited, but from a technical perspective, it looks like such a downgrade from Demon's Souls.

From should design their games and have a studio like Bluepoint (or someone else, since they're first-party now), implement their design.

Regardless, day one.
But Demons Souls was built from the ground up for PS5. Elden Ring was made for xbox one and PS4 and has also been in development for much longer.

Im sure From’a next game will take some advantage of the power available to them. Even if they don’t, it’s not always about graphics.

But Demons Souls was built from the ground up for PS5. Elden Ring was made for xbox one and PS4 and has also been in development for much longer.

Im sure From’a next game will take some advantage of the power available to them. Even if they don’t, it’s not always about graphics.
Of course, it's definitely not always about graphics. I'll take a great game with average graphics over an average game with great graphics. Still, an amazing game with amazing graphics is better.

Airbus Jr

Banned

I think thats because Bluepoint have a better game engine than FromSoft

Perhaps from should start using Unreal Engine 5 or CryEngine if they cant upgrade their own

Last edited:
I think thats because Bluepoint have a better game engine than FromSoft

Perhaps from should start using Unreal Engine 5 or CryEngine if they cant upgrade their own
It’s not even that, it’s the fact that Demons Souls was developed solely for the PS5 and was in development after Elden Ring and Elden Ring was announced years ago for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

FromSoft probably haven’t moved or changed engine because it’s all they need considering the power available on those systems.

Either way, the graphics are fine and the game will be great I’m sure.

Top Bottom