• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring has sold 12 million units

M.W.

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. (headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Yasuo Miyakawa) and FromSoftware, Inc. (headquarters: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Hidetaka Miyazaki) co-developed the brand new action RPG "ELDEN RING" (Japan published under FromSoftware, Inc. / all other regions published under BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.) has sold more than 1M units in Japan (※1, 2) and 12M units worldwide (※1, 2).

I said GOD DAMN

Draugoth

Gold Member
FN71VGCXEAUX1-t

YukiOnna

Interesting comments from BAMCO in the Press Release unless it's standard for them:
Please look forward to more of “ELDEN RING” as an IP (characters and other intellectual property) in hopes of expanding beyond the realm of games

Much effort was placed into creating “ELDEN RING” so that we could exceed the expectations of our fans worldwide. In like manner, we will continue our efforts in expanding the brand beyond the game itself, and into everyone’s daily life

EDMIX

Holy tits, hasn't this been out for like two and a half weeks? Printing money.

Basically slightly under what Fallout 4 did.

So massive units.

When that happened first week for Fallout 4, it was in 2015 so lots of time to get PS4 and XONE, so I assume cross gen helped fill a bit of that gap and not having a name like Fallout is why its 2 weeks vs 1 week.

Elden Ring 2, ending or mid gen, easily would do theses numbers in 1 week if those players retain.

Pejo

Baby Babies GIF

Interesting comments from BAMCO in the Press Release unless it's standard for them:
Please look forward to more of “ELDEN RING” as an IP (characters and other intellectual property) in hopes of expanding beyond the realm of games

Much effort was placed into creating “ELDEN RING” so that we could exceed the expectations of our fans worldwide. In like manner, we will continue our efforts in expanding the brand beyond the game itself, and into everyone’s daily life
"you like our game so we're going to do everything we can to ruin that with movies, fast food collabs, and other things with only MONEY in mind"

They can keep that shit. I don't even want the anime, despite it probably being ok to decent.

I'd love it if they gave us a free patch to finish up some of the abandoned questlines though.

leo-j

If it sold 1 million in Japan that would mean the game sold more than half digitally on PS consoles.

Saber

Gold Member
Pretty damn impressive, considering the differences between other games(meaning that Souls isn't for everyone). As I said in the other thread, this makes me pretty happy since not everybody like Souls type of games.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Baby Babies GIF

"you like our game so we're going to do everything we can to ruin that with movies, fast food collabs, and other things with only MONEY in mind"

They can keep that shit. I don't even want the anime, despite it probably being ok to decent.

I'd love it if they gave us a free patch to finish up some of the abandoned questlines though.
My other worry is Blockchain/NFT crap because the way the current industry is. Wish they said DLC, but doesn't look like it.

Very good. Not one with a copy just yet, but will be later this year for sure.

Anyone know the platform splits? I know in Europe it was 44% PC which is massive, but that is probably a bit lower globally. I'm hearing some stuff but can't confirm anything.

imagine posting this on reset era

15 chain quotes of shame, a condescending mod post, and a ban.

Not always in that order.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

So, basically this is an industry game changer.

A single player game (with limited free multiplayer) with zero microtransactions, huge amounts of quality content, a compelling gameplay loop, fantastic art direction, a respect for the fanbase, that ignores current social and political trends, and is priced fairly, is selling better than anything else.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

That was already in their pipeline though. I’m talking about next steps.
I guess, but I don't think we're looking at a nothing but Dark Souls situation. If Bamco owned the IP then I'd agree, but all it might change is their approach to future games.

Top Bottom