• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring closed beta times/dates and 'I got a key' thread

Desaccorde

Yeah that seems like a good idea. How do you think I should collect the names? Have never done before. Bartski Bartski

Couldn't get the quote somehow.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Personally if that was me I’d make a poll, taking platform and region into account (that needs to be researched, I’m not quite sure if codes are region locked or not I’ve seen some contradicting reports on reddit), I’d get people „register” answering the poll and then make an analog draw from a bucket on camera for shits and giggles. I’m still waiting for confirmation I don’t have any extras as I did make some moves there not gonna lie.

Bartski

Gold Member
I think the easiest way is using the forum's own giveaway section? I created one and hoping that it'd go smoothly.

It's for PS5 only and if there's a region lock the code will be locked for EU Region.

Elden Ring Closed Network Test Giveaway | NeoGAF
No idea how this works tbh, your call. I’ll know if I have any spares later on today

EDIT: 4 of my mates at work I asked to register for me all got rejected. I think Europe was indeed first come first serve. Sorry guys, no spares from me.

I've seen one just being randomly given out on r/, keep an eye out.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
RB9iA8p.png

Invaders and spirits on Dark souls 3 better watch out tonight, imma whoop dat ass to deal with this disappointment
I ran up and down the whole damn game and couldn't find an invader, (except for the NPC ones) 😡 nothing in Farron Woods, nothing after Pontiff Sulyvahn

Miyazakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Maybe Tuesday is a slow PvP night...

Bartski

Gold Member
Are people still getting rejection emails? I signed up and never got rejected nor accepted...
I don't think they're sending rejection e-mails in Europe. You can go check on the Bandai website, a friend from work found his rejection info there.

drotahorror

I don't think they're sending rejection e-mails in Europe. You can go check on the Bandai website, a friend from work found his rejection info there.
According to Reddit people are getting rejection emails in europe. I am in USA. I've heard about going to the site as well but no one seems to have figured out how to do it.

Rush2112

Banned
getting rejection email must suck. I honestly would prefer to be ghosted. You dont have to spell it out for me, fromsoft.

I got two beta codes, one I redeemed it for myself and the other I am giving it away to a buddy. Just wish I'd signed up with more emails and I'd have been so happy to give away codes to fellow brethren here :(

Haggard

Banned
I actually could sell the key for over 200EUR.....
Jesus christ, who buys beta codes for such sums? Are there just so many streamers who need it to create content or are people just getting dumber by the minute.

MiguelItUp

I actually could sell the key for over 200EUR.....
Jesus christ, who buys beta codes for such sums? Are there just so many streamers who need it to create content or are people just getting dumber by the minute.
People just have "fuck you" money, and are really excited, lol.

Bartski

Gold Member
hm........... Seems like the oldschool way of running (hold circle) is not in the game? All done via the analog stick while the circle is just for dodging and rolling maneuvers. That should work!

Still hate the crouch on R3 L3, getting killed to bosses accidentally crouching while clenching controller confirmed.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Some streamers make thousands per stream so the price of $200 for a key doesn't seem that bad an investment if you have the platform to recoup it.

This is the world we are in unfortunately.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
sorry that's L3. Like in Sekiro.
Oh, so you run by default and use L3 to crouch?

Sorry for asking so much, I think I'll just take a look at that guide you posted.

Just hoping there aren't many changes when it comes to controls, that could fuck up my muscle memory badly.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Oh, so you run by default and use L3 to crouch?

Sorry for asking so much, I think I'll just take a look at that guide you posted.

Just hoping there aren't many changes when it comes to controls, that could fuck up my muscle memory badly.
yeah that's more or less what it says there according to google translate, run seems on by default when you push the stick all the way. Not sure if that means run doesn't chew up stamina in combat?

Sinthor

Gold Member

I just want to say I totally understand this. This past weekend, every single time I was playing each of the 5 available 3 hour sessions all I could think was... 'But I feel so BAD for all of those awesome gamers who can't play this like I am right now!' Truly, I almost quit out of the game, but it was just soooooo awesome, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Each amazing facet of the gameplay, every single amazing thing I found by exploring this new world....it all made me feel TERRIBLE but I powered thru it anyway. Just so you know, I sacrificed sleep to wake up at 2AM to play this game and although again, I felt terrible for people like you missing such a wonderful experience, the game was just so great that it was like I'd slept for 12 hours and woken up refreshed instead!

This game was, not to put too fine a point on it, a transformational experience that I just wish I could explain to all of you who were less fortunate. But I just can't. Now that the play time is over, YOU should feel more sorry for ME, because I cannot explain this to you or even have a conversation about it, because you just won't understand what I'm thinking, saying and feeling about this awesome experience that I and a mere fellow 49,999 people (not you) were able to enjoy for the fleeting space of 3 days.

So really...again, you should feel more sorry for ME and the other people who were blessed enough to have been chosen for this experience. Because we are now isolated. It's like being in a prison that is a deserted garden-like island, alone save for 10 Victoria Secrets Angels that for some reason are just mad with desire for me. No telephones or internet, so I have no way to share this life changing experience with ANYONE. Can you even begin to fathom now how it feels to be me and doubtless most if not all of the other 49,999 other 'prisoners?' I hope you can understand how mean and snarky comments about our experience make us feel now. But I forgive you. I know that seeing what we experienced online on YouTube is such a paltry thing that it almost seems like sandpaper being rubbed against your eyeballs in comparison to what I lived over the weekend. So I pity you. Appropriately, I mean, but still pity. Because you are truly pitiful and the only thing that will raise you from that state is being able to finally experience what I did...hopefully on February 25th, unless there is another delay. So again, I forgive you and I understand.

I will continue to browse these forums, warmed by my memories of the Elden Ring and this will sustain me until February even though it will still be difficult. I really have no idea how you people who didn't get chosen will last till then. I hope you are able to make it though, I truly do!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m glad I got the free wallpapers from the survey. I selected the option that I didn’t get to play. Day 1 for me regardless. Fextralife wrote up a hefty wiki with lots of details. I was jealous and sad I didn’t get in, but I ordered my copy expecting greatness. I knew I wanted this game for years now. I guess it’s karma for getting to finish Dark Souls 3 on Xbox before it came out in the states. :)

Top Bottom