• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING – Closed Network Test Announcement

Draugoth

Gold Member
Prepare yourselves, Tarnished. Register before November 1 for a chance to join the #ELDENRING Closed Network Test: eldenring.com/CNT

Dates and Trailer:

FB_J4Q3WEAsOCMm

13q1sfsnh8u71.png

PSA: Not available on PCs

Last edited:

Sentenza

Jesus Christ, how much I fucking hate when sites have 2000 pre-requisites to match for a fucking password.

Not even e-banking is so annoying. Like my life savings depended on a Bamco account.

What the hell counts as a "special character" for them, anyway? It's refusing whatever I'm putting in.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Meh, not even Steam/PC among the available platforms for the test.
Take a hike, Bamco.

P.S. Guess I'll pick PS4 among the options, just to give it a try if I'm lucky, but don't think I'll be actually willing to play there.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Signed up, surely if you have all consoles you'll be picking the one with the smallest install base to hopefully get in lol

Bartski

Gold Member
they broke the internet.

Thank you for your many entries in the "ELDEN RING" network test. Currently, it is difficult to connect due to the concentration of access. Winning is not on a first-come, first-served basis, so please take a moment to access it again.

OceanGaming

Write this down. HFW and/or Saint's Row is getting delayed because of this delay. February as it is right now is a nightmare.

MiguelItUp

Good luck to those signing up! Hoping I get in, even if those test windows are pretty small and at times where I'm unsure if they'll work with my schedule, lol.

Bartski

Gold Member
live streams are not allowed. Unless it's pixel ID'd and they'll be sniping people down in real-time there is no way they will keep it contained

Bartski

Gold Member
FAQ:

What is a network test?

The network test is a technical verification test performed during game development. Testers will need to play the title before launch, during various tests and verifications.

Is network testing similar to a trial version?

No, network testing is not a trial version. The purpose of testing is to discover problems and errors using game data while it is still in development. Errors are expected to occur during game testing, and you may not be able to play the title fully.

Is the content of the network test the same as the full version?

No. Network test content is limited to some features of the base game. Also, some of the game features will be different in the full version.

Do I have to pay a fee to participate in the network test?

You can participate in the network trial for free. However, you must be responsible for internet connection fees associated with online mode. *A PlayStation Plus or Xbox LIVE Gold subscription is not required.

Do I need a PlayStation Plus or Xbox LIVE Gold subscription to participate?

A PlayStation Plus or Xbox LIVE Gold subscription is not required to play the network trial version.

What do I need to have to play the network test?

You will need a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One or an Xbox X|S series, an accessory set, and an internet connection. The network trial version only works online and cannot be played offline.

Can anyone participate in the network test?

Anyone who meets the requirements below can apply.
・Age 17 or older.
・Own a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, or an Xbox X|S series, plus a set of accessories.
・Own a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, or X|S series. uninterrupted internet connection.
・Agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA) of the ELDEN RING Network Trial Version and any additional terms presented.
・Answer the quiz that will be completed after the test.
Only those who meet the requirements and are selected in the draw will be able to play as testers.

Is participation in the network test on a first-come, first-served basis?

No, it's not. Participants will be selected via a draw from among those who register during the correct period.

During the network test, will I be able to play at any time?

You will only be able to play during the following predetermined periods.

Session 1: November 12, 2021, from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm (JST)
Session 2: November 13, 2021, from noon to 3:00 pm (JST)
Session 3: November 14, 2021, from 4:00 am to 7:00 am (JST)
Session 4: November 14, 2021, from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm (JST)
Session 5: November 15, 2021, from noon to 3:00 pm (JST)

There may be a possibility that you may not be able to play during these periods due to maintenance or server failures.

The testing period is subject to change without notice.

Will I need to participate every day of the network test?

No, you don't need to attend every session. But your active participation would be very welcome. That way we can create an even better game.

I forgot which email address I used in my registration.

Unfortunately, we are unable to answer questions about registered email addresses. Be sure to carefully manage your email address so you don't forget it or make a mistake.

I signed up for the network test but didn't receive a confirmation email. What should I do?

Check your registered email address inbox and trash. Be sure to allow receiving emails from our domain (fromsoftware.co.jp). If no errors were found in relation to the above, you may have entered a wrong email address when you registered or you may have entered a different email address. If you made an error with your email address when registering, please fill in the registration form again. This will not be considered a duplicate record.

How will winners be announced?

Those who registered for the Closed Network Testing in the Americas will receive an email with the promotional code, if selected to participate, prior to the start of the Closed Network Testing.

How can I download the game for network testing?

Go to the console store of the platform chosen during registration and where you received the promotional code. Enter the promotional code and start the download. The size of the network test game version is approximately 7GB. We recommend that you download before the Closed Network Test period.

I was selected as a participant, but I have a sudden scheduling conflict and will not be able to participate on test days. Can I transfer my play right and promo code to a friend?

You can transfer your entitlement to a friend if the download code has not been redeemed and the game data has not been downloaded.

However, the person who receives the entitlement must comply with all of the following requirements.

・Age 17 years or older.
・Own a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One or an Xbox X|S series, plus a set of accessories.
・Have an uninterrupted internet connection.
・Agree to the Terms of Service of the ELDEN RING Network Test Version.
・Answer the questionnaire that will be completed after the test.
Once the rights are transferred and the game data is downloaded, this action cannot be undone. The promotional code is valid for a single use only.

Can I stream or react live during the network test?

LIVE STREAMS OR REACTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED, AS THE GAME IS STILL IN PRODUCTION.

Can I play the offline version of the network trial outside of the trial period?

No, this will not be possible. The network trial version can only be played by connecting and accessing the game server during the trial period.

Will the network test data be transferred to the full version?

No, they won't. Saved data used in the network trial version cannot be transferred to the full version.

I'm playing the network trial version, but I can't connect to the game server.

The network trial version can only be played during the trial period. Also, during the testing period, we will purposely restrict access to the game server to verify access loading, making it more difficult. Wait a while and try again later. However, there is the possibility of a sudden disconnection or loss of access when trying to join the game. Please be warned.

Will character data created during the first test be reused in subsequent tests?

In the network trial version, you will be able to save your game progress. When you return to the game during the test, you will be able to pick up where you left off.

Reactions: RNG

DelireMan7

So there is PS4 and PS5 option. Should we assume no crossplay between the 2 platforms ? This is something I really want to know.

I am not registering for the test. I want to play the final game without seeing much before.

DelireMan7

I hear you but I couldn't resist. But if they won't let me in that's also cool, I don't think I'll be watching any of it
I understand. When I saw the news, I was "Where should I click !!!!"

But after some thinking, mainly the fear of having a lot of crash or interruption that would deteriorate my hype a bit, I reconsidered ^^

skneogaf

Signed up for ps5 but will buy the game on steam I imagine unless ps5 has some kind of special features etc.

Lognor

Banned
Signed up since I'm unlikely to buy this at full price and will be waiting for a sale or for it to come to Game Pass (I'm still waiting on Sekiro btw, no hurry)

Hinedorf

Banned
Is PC release coming later? It does show it listed as being available on Windows OS

Guess I'd still demo this on my PS4 assuming it still works once the dust is cleared

Top Bottom