• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

You people arguing about the console that plays Cyberpunk 2077 best and I'm here on my PC like

giphy.gif
And I'm sure you look just like him when you're hunched over your PC in your y-fronts, yeah? 🤣

Luipadre

so 0 effort from the devs on the day 1 PS5 version, got it. I just tried the game on my PC after tried it on PS5. The game at 1440p on ultra LOW settings looks generation ahead of the console versions LOL. Its kinda shocking. Consoles must be running on ultramega low low settings

waquzy

PS5 can look super jaggy/blurry at times. Combined with the lower shadows, textures and resolution the XSX version is clearly the one to get:

ecddD73.jpg

4A2NdKQ.jpg

vWDRVXD.jpg

QBMOf45.jpg

2AqM0Xs.jpg

Multiple sources have reported that XSX wins performance mode as well. Cheers.

Yeah, it sure looks that way buddy!! Try wiping your glasses. Cheers!

o9kjub3.jpg

XYMimz0.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
PS5 can look super jaggy/blurry at times. Combined with the lower shadows, textures and resolution the XSX version is clearly the one to get:

ecddD73.jpg

4A2NdKQ.jpg

vWDRVXD.jpg

QBMOf45.jpg

2AqM0Xs.jpg

Even the PC screens look blurry, what's going on here? Is that native 4K or DLSS Performance Mode?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

ecddD73.jpg

4A2NdKQ.jpg

vWDRVXD.jpg

QBMOf45.jpg

2AqM0Xs.jpg

Eh, dont you mean the Xbox One version?

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.

- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

Thanks now I know I have to play in quality mode.
1224p just isn't enough for me

so 0 effort from the devs on the day 1 PS5 version, got it. I just tried the game on my PC after tried it on PS5. The game at 1440p on ultra LOW settings looks generation ahead of the console versions LOL. Its kinda shocking. Consoles must be running on ultramega low low settings
They told everyone repeatedly the next generation version wouldn't release until next year it'll be a free upgrade though.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

ecddD73.jpg

4A2NdKQ.jpg

vWDRVXD.jpg

QBMOf45.jpg

2AqM0Xs.jpg

So a game running in bc may fall in line with the xbox one x and pro versions, who knew. Thats if he isn't comparing the quality mode to performance.

If only all games released games like this with no next gen version maybe xbox might 'win' more....

I'm sure when they bragged about being the most powerful console this is not what they meant... *only when ps5 is limited by bc mode....

Also watch the video shows higher ps5 performance in like for like sections. So let's use the facts at hand.

Looks like the real win is to wait for the actual next gen version.

NewChoppa

Banned
Goddamn a sight to behold how middle aged men fighting for their plastic..its like a job for y'all. Sad weirdos with dysfunctional warriorism.

How do yall function during the day? Funny how the usuals hoping on defense in the very first reply...what are you doin? Or fk is you doin with ur time and life ! These individuals like different, different, yo.

CyberPunk gorgeous on both, and plays amazing... STFU and get your kneckbeard back in the basement and play the damn thing..and wipe that drool off your chin from all that spitting.

Hit the nail on the head. Some of y’all are in your mid 30’s arguing over plastic that costs $500...

Find a hobby. Maybe try playing these games instead of complaining about single-FPS differences?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Its pretty clear that the xbox version got some minor enhancement over the prevgen versions meanwhile the PS5 doesnt except the frame unlock
Basically.

This was clear when the first analysis was done by DF and it mentioned some settings were locked to PS4 Pro mode. Its clearly a BC game analysis, where MS shines with the effort they put in for BC.

....DF even mentioned it was a BC analysis in their article/video.....

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

Stop discriminating against xbox with facts... the series x is the best version.... were told.

But yes like for like sees a clear win on ps5 in performance in like for like.

But this is why bc mode is silly to compare ATM. Although given the results so far its a safe bet to say ps5 will outperform series x when the next gen patch comes also.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I really don’t understand why they don’t just lock performance mode at 1080p 60fps like most games do? It would upscale a lot better and it’s not like 1224p or whatever is a big difference.

Also some posts in this thread are a good reminder of why comparison threads past the first post are so pointless. There will always be an angle for people to claim a win if they want to.

ZywyPL

Banned
IMO CDPR should think about adding some sort of upscalling/reonstruction on top of the dynamic resolution, sort of what Gears 5 did, because the resolution dip is simply way too high on consoles, we're almost reaching PS360 sub-HD level of washed-out picture quality here.

vpance

While the res in performance is close between the 2 I’ve seen other vids where XSX has a noticeably higher res in that too, but probably at the cost of framerate smoothness. It doesn’t max out at ~1200p like PS5 does.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Why are people comparing this?
May as well compare Witcher 3 on XSX and PS5.

Next gen upgrade versions will be the barrometer.

Pointless for console warring (to be fair that’s always pointless), but it’s good to have info for people who want to play now who own both next gen consoles. I opted for XSX due to the quality mode. I’ve never been that fussed about 30 vs 60 and wanted the higher resolution, more pedestrians etc.

onesvenus

To do a fair comparisons on framerate and deduce something about how powerful each machine is, both versions shouls be running at the same settings
Knowing by that same reviewer that the XSX has some improvements in texture and shadow quality and has denser crowds, the framerate comparisons are flawled.
Yeah, PS4 version running in PS5 has better framerate than the Xbox One version running in XSX in some places BUT at lower settings. Removing the last part from the equation is not fair IMO, but I understand that console warriors must fight

Moogle11

Banned
The PS5 is not just running the Pro version as DF reported something like 1180p max on Pro.

Its probably running the Pro version with some boost mode lift to resolution and FPS is my guess. What people really mean when saying that is BC stuff on the PS5 apparently doesn’t have the option to patch in much, like the quality mode that’s on XSX and not PS5. Seems patching in more than frame rate boosts and higher FPS requires making a native PS5 version of PS4 games while Xbox BC allows more patching and tweaking of BC games.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I do hope these big tech sites are not gonna waste their time to create comparison videos on BC mode games...

TJC

@NXGamer where you at buddy? You’re usually so quick with these! 😆

You mean how Borderlands 3 and all other cross gen games have been compared?

And its been confirmed to not just be BC. There was a day one patch just for nextgen:

Yes a day 1 patch for bug fixes, anyone comparing any b/c title is stupid, its like people trying to compare loading times of b/c when miles and demon souls fade to black and you are back in, just look at the amount of pop in Cyberpunk, this game has nothing for next gen at all.

MiguelItUp

I personally don't see the point of making comparisons on next-gen consoles when the version isn't the "next-gen version". At least to the point of debating and getting heated about it, heh. Sure, boost in performance as opposed to their previous consoles, so at least there's that.

9 hours in on PC and my experience really hasn't been that bad, yet. Saw some civilian pop-in and out. Saw a model swapped with another. But that was it. I feel like the deeper I'll go, the more they'll show though, lol.

Last edited:

Romulus

We've seen what happens though when games are built to take advantage of both systems. That hasn't happened yet.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Resolution goes higher on SX especially inside buildings, it stays lower on PS5 longer . Also PS5 has less NPC's.

Top Bottom