• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

BeardGawd

Banned
NXGamer NXGamer where you at buddy? You’re usually so quick with these! 😆

As others have stated, this should be seem as pro Vs One X as it's just b/c. Xbox really desperate for a W 😂
You mean how Borderlands 3 and all other cross gen games have been compared?

And its been confirmed to not just be BC. There was a day one patch just for nextgen:

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

Firstly it's bc so a comparison is quite daft but ok...

If this is an xbox win... I'd hate to see a loss.

The npc count claimed higher on series x is lower. Infact there is no one in the comparison shot scene where there is people on ps5.

Maybe the covid realism is what get xbox the 'win' there?

Same in the scenes ar 8:44 on sx and 9:33 on ps5, higher npcs on ps5.

Also that like for like scene it performs better on ps5 and same with the one starting at 12:45.... But again i suppose that a win for xbox.....🤔 probably not mentioned by 'error' or something....

🤪🙄🤪🙄🤪🙄🤪

Mister Wolf

which console has their retail SDK out in 2019 and which one in June 2020?

doesn’t really matter.

TRUTHFACT:
The BEST console to play one of the most anticipated games ever is XSX.
Enjoy your 0,1% FPS more in a special camera angle in NBA2K21.

People care about results. VRR to maintain a smooth experience and two modes to pick from all while running at higher settings.

Pallas

Jesus, can some of you stop with the warring. If it plays better on Consoles with Series X, big whoop. Just enjoy the game or wait for upgrade/patch.

I’m sure the game will improve on all versions with patches.

Elios83

It isn't just BC, there is no performance mode on Pro or X1X. Try again.

It absolutely is just BC at least on PS5.
The 60fps simply come from unlocked frame rate on Pro pushed to 60fps on PS5 by the BC solution, just like it happens on many other games.
There is no PS5 version. This is just the Pro version pushed at 60fps through PS5 BC.
And when proper and more detailed comparisons are going to be released you'll likely see that PS5 holds the 60fps better.
This is just a BC comparison, next gen comparison will be made next year.

Riky

$MSFT
Riky... it is just the PS4 pro version of the game on PS5, you are making a fool out of yourself
framerate in unlocked, thats all. no changes.

I'm not the one claiming all day yesterday that the PS5 versions was better, now we find out the Xbox has an extra mode and better settings. So yes there are changes, extra modes don't just appear our of nowhere.

TJC

Is it me or did he only compare series X visuals ( shadows, draw distance, resolution) to the PS5 at 60 version. He puts a little *also 60fps mode on the X when stating it's 1800p, either way this console looks shit on consoles all around, the HDR is awful as well.

Riky

$MSFT
It absolutely is just BC at least on PS5.
The 60fps simply come from unlocked frame rate on Pro pushed to 60fps on PS5 by the BC solution, just like it happens on many other games.
There is no PS5 version. This is just the Pro version pushed at 60fps through PS5 BC.
And when proper and more detailed comparisons are going to be released you'll likely see that PS5 holds the 60fps better.
This is just a BC comparison, next gen comparison will be made next year.

Xbox isn't just BC as it has two modes, so it's better.

TJC

I'm not the one claiming all day yesterday that the PS5 versions was better, now we find out the Xbox has an extra mode and better settings. So yes there are changes, extra modes don't just appear our of nowhere.
You are being stupid, I'm guessing on purpose. This is the Xbox one X version running on the Series X. This game is not using any of the next gen machines hardware which is why they announced it was coming later. any improvements from last gen machines is due to hardware being able to brute force to keep up the FPS and that's all.

Banned
You are being stupid, I'm guessing on purpose. This is the Xbox one X version running on the Series X. This game is not using any of the next gen machines hardware which is why they announced it was coming later. any improvements from last gen machines is due to hardware being able to brute force to keep up the FPS and that's all.

it still has specific settings for next gen systems.

not much work went into the PS5 version as it seems

Riky

$MSFT

You're really not getting it.

XSX has a mode not present on X1X, so it isn't just BC. Something extra has been added to the XSX version, if it was just the X1X version it wouldn't have two modes.

John Wick

“Some” just means not every single texture and shadow in every situation was superior

you’re really stretching here

one just needs to watch the comparison videos to see the massive difference between ps5 vs xsx even in 60 FPS mode
Those massive differences are back. I think you need to go to Spec Savers if you think their is a massive difference in this game. Granted SX is better at BC and it's had an extra mode added. Both BC modes are poor with minor differences in favour of SX in BC

BeardGawd

Banned

Annnnd debunked. Yes there is a second nextgen patch coming but both received a nextgen patch at launch beyond just BC confirmed by CDPR. Try again.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

i mean this is common sense, and why i bought it on Series X. One X has always outperformed Pro (interms of resolution anyway)

Cherrypepsi

who are you even arguing with? :D

XSX clearly has the better experience of the game right now

I'm just saying that the PS4 pro version just has not been touched, that point has to be made in this comparison.

Elios83

Xbox isn't just BC as it has two modes, so it's better.

1)Wait for proper comparisons, this guy is hit and miss and has already been corrected about stating wrong things by DF in the past.
It's not even clear and confirmed if for example the lower NPC count is comparing the 60fps mode on both.
2)It's likely that in performance mode PS5 holds the 60fps better and again it will be showcased in proper comparisons.
3)If the Xbox version has more modes because the BC solution has allowed to implement more stuff just on XSX or simply because CD Project dedicated more effort on the Xbox version it simply means that the comparison is even more flawed and has nothing to do with hardware capabilities.
4)The game is a buggy mess and disappointing in any case on consoles in the current form, it will be ready when the proper next gen version arrives next year with the bugs fixed.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

My god some of the Sony die hards are fragile.

Could say it the other way...

Some Xbox diehards are so desperate for a 'win' after being sold down the river and believing every second of it with the power teraflops narrative, that they claim anything as a win even if at times its the opposite. Like npcs being higher when it shows lower and better performance on ps5 in the like for like sections.

But I suppose looking at the facts is being fragile.... LOL.

John Wick

Quality mode is not available on One X and that probably has to do with how MS and Sony handles BC and Smart Delivery.

On XSX you get some next gen features right now without having to wait for the "full" next gen version sometime next year.

Sony is free to prove me wrong and if quality mode appears on PS5 with a patch I admit I was wrong.
Please CDPR don't add that shite quality mode to PS5. Just concentrate on next gen versions. Why would I want to play this poor version for?

To be fair the series X is more powerful than the ps5 in bc mode, I mean the ps5 runs at PS4 pro cu # and clocks (so it's more like the series S I guess).

The series X runs at full speed, and because of the unified development tools can have its own next gen quality settings... Which is a good thing, but can bite Sony in the ass un a couple of games.

A win is a win, even if it is because MS has made decisions that end up offering bus some benefits in BC mode for some reason.

Last edited:

waquzy

2)It's likely that in performance mode PS5 holds the 60fps better and again it will be showcased in proper comparisons.
It’s not likely, but reality. I expect the PS5 to have at least 15fps advantage over the XSX in performance mode at more demanding situation. I can’t wait for the DF analysis!!

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

You people arguing about the console that plays Cyberpunk 2077 best and I'm here on my PC like

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You have to wonder if they just released the PC version how many people on this forum would complain that they just want it released no matter how poorly it plays on their consoles or how buggy it is.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Any comparison of this game between Series X and PS5 is disingenuous. Neither is the next gen experience you’re just looking at the X one X and PS4 Pro versions. I triple dipped this game .... playing it maxed out all features at 60 FPS on pc makes the current state of the console versions unplayable. If you own even a decent gaming pc playing this game on ANY console is doing yourself a massive disservice. If you own a series x or ps5 wait for the patch before touching this game it will be worth it. If you pick corporate life the detail in just the first area before you leave the company with the red cubicles the hdr ray tracing and lighting in that area playing off the red glass is fucking amazing. Walk through that area on pc then on console and I promise you’ll decide to wait.

Sweep14

There were tons of people asking whether they should buy the game on their xsx or ps5 in the CP2077 OT to play now, not when next gen patch comes out

this is very relevant to them

It's only relevant for them if they need to play it now.

Goddamn a sight to behold how middle aged men fighting for their plastic..its like a job for y'all. Sad weirdos with dysfunctional warriorism.

How do yall function during the day? Funny how the usuals hoping on defense in the very first reply...what are you doin? Or fk is you doin with ur time and life ! These individuals like different, different, yo.

CyberPunk gorgeous on both, and plays amazing... STFU and get your kneckbeard back in the basement and play the damn thing..and wipe that drool off your chin from all that spitting.

Top Bottom