• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

TrebleShot

Because Cyberpunk is a brand new game and no one should have to wait to compare. Just like the previous comparisons, one console had better "tools" for the developer to work with than the other.
It wasn't developed on this system though, either PS5 or XSX.

This version of the game was developed for last gen machines.

DonJorginho

Banned
Oh please. I've been saying these comparisons are silly for ages. The differences are extremely minor and you have to be actively looking for them.

It's the Sony side that's been amping up these 'wins' and bragging about having 1 more frame or 5% more res. When it's a Ps5 loss the 'Xbox fanbois are pathetic' though 😂

Like I've been saying from the start.... Play your platform of choice and enjoy the game.
Do me a favour, don't quote my posts wrongfully, I'm clearly on no side, if you actually read my post you'd see that.

longdi

Banned
I always expect SX to come out top in CP2077 this year, as mentioned due to MS stronger BC

However, im thinking now, how much 'BC' is 'BC' here? Do they just run the last gen .exe or something? Which means the cpu is not taxed much, and the fan noise is silent

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Bullshit this game is beautiful on my Series X. real talk.

giphy.gif

...or is it that XSX has a quality mode, and Ps5 doesn't? And that XSX has an advantage in BC mode over Ps5? But fundamentally you're just still playing the One X version of the game, which has no bearing really on performance of XSX and Ps5.

XBox fans, I'd be careful if I were you about how much you gloat about performance differences between the two next gen consoles right now, using a pretty broken game in BC mode. Because you're going to get absolutely fucking RINSED if the next gen versions come out and Ps5 is the superior platform - something which is eminently possible.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
This was obvious to anyone with a brain apart from a few clowns yesterday trying to claim PS5 version was better by just looking at a video on YouTube😂😂 I told them to wait.
It isn't obviously just the superiority that X1X has over Pro as those versions have no 60fps mode and the X1X version doesn't have two modes.

BeardGawd

Banned
giphy.gif

...or is it that XSX has a quality mode, and Ps5 doesn't? And that XSX has an advantage in BC mode over Ps5? But fundamentally you're just still playing the One X version of the game, which has no bearing really on performance of XSX and Ps5.

XBox fans, I'd be careful if I were you about how much you gloat about performance differences between the two next gen consoles right now, using a pretty broken game in BC mode. Because you're going to get absolutely fucking RINSED if the next gen versions come out and Ps5 is the superior platform - something which is eminently possible.
Man get out of here with that shit. Your lot was clowning xbox for 1 or 2 missed frames on launch cross gens games. This is just the beginning. Might want to take your own advice.

This is the biggest difference in all launch cross gen games by far. Game looks phenomenal on Series X!

nosseman

giphy.gif

Quality mode is not available on One X and that probably has to do with how MS and Sony handles BC and Smart Delivery.

On XSX you get some next gen features right now without having to wait for the "full" next gen version sometime next year.

Sony is free to prove me wrong and if quality mode appears on PS5 with a patch I admit I was wrong.

FunkMiller

Man get out of here with that shit. Your lot was clowning xbox for 1 or 2 missed frames on launch cross gens games. This is just the beginning. Might want to take your own advice.

This is the biggest difference in all launch cross gen games by far. Game looks phenomenal on Series X!

No matter how many times it happens, you guys just keep doing the same thing over and over, don't you? Crowing beyond the margins about something, only to be absolutely buried by the other guys when your favourite plastic box comes up wanting. I fear the same thing will happen again when the next gen ports of this buggy nightmare are released.

But please do enjoy Cyberpunk running better in BC on XSX.

This is the most broken game i have ever played. Its really great when it works but I am honestly shocked they released this. Needs another 6 months to smooth bugs. Ive actually hit a point where i cant continue because Jackie has literally vanished from the game lol!

You playing on ps5 or series x? So far I’ve had no major issues with x at all. And I’ve played like 20 hours now

Elios83

Seems like the results of the legacy of PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X.
Both have a mode running at the same res with One X with slightly higher settings.
These modes are simply pushed like they are to 60fps on PS5/XSX through BC.
PS5 should have a more stable 60fps due to the slightly lower settings (if these differences actually are there in the same performance mode).
The key difference is the 30fps mode that is absent in PS5 and that is probably due to CDProject focusing more on Xbox.

I'd wait for DF, NXgamer and VGtech for the final word. This guy is hit and miss and stated wrong things in previous comparisons.

Last edited:

BuffNTuff

Banned
As owner of ps5 and XSX, I got the ps5 version mainly because I figured the patched next gen version will be better in the end.
That being said, because of the current state of the game it seems like it’s basically Garbo on any console might as well go with the one with the highest most stable frame rate, so really don’t feel bad about the ps5 version even without quality mode or slightly lower settings.

Reminder: In this AC Valhalla video he was already claiming the draw distance was better on XSX (which was wrong).
Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
Thats the quality mode 30fps vs 60fps.
Uh?

At 8:44 they compare XSX Performace mode vs XSX Quality Mode.
We can see the performance of XSX in that scene (we can see before it dropped at 50fps). He shows PS5 just after.
fNAIvu3.png

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
However, im thinking now, how much 'BC' is 'BC' here?

Exactly, people forget that PS5/XSX versions already run at much higher resolution than the maximum locked one on Pro/1X, and at double the framerate (in practice actually tripple-quadruple lol), so it's obviously not an ordinary 1:1 BC mode, the day one patches did prepare the game for newer consoles, at least to some extent, so I'm wondering, how far can it go with further patches, especially with the so-called "next-gen" patch that will most likely add RT support? How/if will the performance improve? Or will we see further decrease all the way down to 1080p30 due to heavy RT utilization? I wish CDPR at least gave us an estimate date of the next-gen patch arrival, or some post-launch support roadmap.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Exactly, people forget that PS5/XSX versions already run at much higher resolution than the maximum locked one on Pro/1X, and at double the framerate (in practice actually tripple-quadruple lol), so it's obviously not an ordinary 1:1 BC mode, the day one patches did prepare the game for newer consoles, at least to some extent, so I'm wondering, how far can it go with further patches, especially with the so-called "next-gen" patch that will most likely add RT support? How/if will the performance improve? Or will we see further decrease all the way down to 1080p30 due to heavy RT utilization? I wich CDPR at least gave us an estimate date of the next-gen patch arrival, or some post-launch support roadmap.

Watch the "next gen" patch just be a 1080p/30fps mode with Ultra raytracing.

heringer

I suspect there's at least some improvements to next gen versions.

There's the Performance toggle on XSX and it doesn't seem like Series S version is only running One S version with no improvements, as there's clearly more NPC density and resolution, while still sub 1080p, is higher.

Also, didn't CDPR claim they would do a little adjustments on next gen versions at launch, with the big patch coming next year?

BuffNTuff

Banned
Exactly, people forget that PS5/XSX versions already run at much higher resolution than the maximum locked one on Pro/1X, and at double the framerate (in practice actually tripple-quadruple lol), so it's obviously not an ordinary 1:1 BC mode, the day one patches did prepare the game for newer consoles, at least to some extent, so I'm wondering, how far can it go with further patches, especially with the so-called "next-gen" patch that will most likely add RT support? How/if will the performance improve? Or will we see further decrease all the way down to 1080p30 due to heavy RT utilization? I wich CDPR at least gave us an estimate date of the next-gen patch arrival, or some post-launch support roadmap.

this is what I was saying earlier as to why the next gen patch is far out...

Rather than simply bolt on features from the current pc version, they’re going to have to refactor tons of functionality to take advantage of the next gen hardware and feature set so that it runs well. Because absolutely no one will be satisfied with a 720p 30 next gen patch if they just brute force the current pc version on next gen consoles.

Last edited:

Flintty

Xbox fans haven't learned anything in the past 12 months I see.

Celebrating mediocre victories like more flops or a game running better in BC while still looking trash on Consoles.

Enjoy the little viftory, next gen patch will be relentless.

Oh get the fuck out will you. I’ve seen you and other fuckwits in every comparison thread getting hardons over a couple of frames. You’re a pathetic little console warrior, you should hold yourself to the standards you’re expecting of others.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It was the same when Borderlands had more foliage etc on PS5 because that's what the PS4 Pro had. SonyGaf claimed the win regardless.
The console war is serious buisness.

Not entirely true, though.

1. I think XSX is claiming that win because of the 120Hz mode. (In my opinion, BL3 is a tie)
2. Foliage is from BC, true. But PS5 also has better shadows than XSX in BL3, as per Digital Foundry. And shadow settings are completely identical in PS4 Pro / Xbox One X, as confirmed in the PS4 Pro/XOX comparison video by Digital Foundry.

BeardGawd

Banned
As owner of ps5 and XSX, I got the ps5 version mainly because I figured the patched next gen version will be better in the end.
That being said, because of the current state of the game it seems like it’s basically Garbo on any console might as well go with the one with the highest most stable frame rate, so really don’t feel bad about the ps5 version even without quality mode or slightly lower settings.
Nah you just got the wrong version. TuffTitty

Krisprolls

Banned
We already had multiple videos showing that in performance mode, XSX is slightly blurrier and drops framerate more frequently to 40s or even 30s.

Wait for VGtech or NXGamer or DF for comparison, but it seems PS5 has the best version as usual.

It should be true after next gen patches too.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
this is what I was saying earlier as to why the next gen patch is far out...

Rather than simply bolt on features from the current pc version, they’re going to have to refactor tons of functionality to take advantage of the next gen hardware and feature set so that it runs well. Because absolutely no one will be satisfied with a 720p 30 next gen patch if they just brute force the current pc version on next gen consoles.

Yeah, I wonder how they will handle the RT, will we see most/all of the effects but on Low, or will it just the reflections on High/Ultra, plus maybe the RT shadows (but I think there won't be much room left for them anyway).

Thats the quality mode 30fps vs 60fps.

It's both, actually.

He suggests the resolution dropping and frame rate increasing as the only differences between Quality and Performance mode, with all else the same. It's actually well known the PS4Pro version of the game has reductions on NPC density and shadows etc, compared to One X. That's to be expected, no?

You're right that he's not always the most accurate source though. The differences between the Series X and PS5 versions seem quite stark however. The absence of Quality Mode in the latter assures that alone.

We already had multiple videos showing that in performance mode, XSX is slightly blurrier and drops framerate more frequently to 40s or even 30s..

Did we? Source?

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

I doubt it's solid performance, he tested in wrong scene, should check car in city

This is the most broken game i have ever played. Its really great when it works but I am honestly shocked they released this. Needs another 6 months to smooth bugs. Ive actually hit a point where i cant continue because Jackie has literally vanished from the game lol!
Bro, I'm around 3 hours in and I missed an important dialogue choice because the game bugged out and didn't give me a choice to choose what to say to the NPC. I was standing there for a minute and all of a sudden the NPC starts to attack me for whatever reason.

This game is fucked to hell on everything bar a high end PC.
Got 6 crashes to blue screen today on my PS4 Pro. It's hard to drive around in the city becuase the frame rate drops and I'm sometimes hitting other cars because of it.

I can't continue playing like this.
When are these cunts going to release a patch for at least 30fps experience.

It's fucking shocking playing this game right now.

Last edited:
Xbox fans haven't learned anything in the past 12 months I see.

Celebrating mediocre victories like more flops or a game running better in BC while still looking trash on Consoles.

Enjoy the little viftory, next gen patch will be relentless.
Not even I would celebrate this because the game is a shit show on all consoles.
Base Xbox One S footage... Jesus, have you seen what it looks like lol. It's sub 720p with massive framerate drops.

Top Bottom