• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EL CAMINO: A Breaking Bad movie QUICK 50 SECOND TEASER PREVIEW (JESSE PINKMAN)

bitbydeath

It was great to see everyone again but it wasn’t really needed. It’s more like an extended ending of the final episode rather than a new episode. Still enjoyed it though.

alife

Great movie from start to finish. This scene though, lol:
WAcYzKO.gif

That was pretty great. Probably better viewed as an epilogue than a full-fledged movie.

When they showed Todd's silhouette through the tarp, I was convinced they were only going to use his voice. And then he pulls the tarp away and I'm like, "Oh ok, so they'll just hide his appearance with these cage bars", and then nope, he lets Jesse out of his cage and there's Plemons in all his obese glory.

I think the scene with Pete telling Jesse using the word bitch is sexist and degrading was a little too sjw.

The car chase with Walt jnr saying fuh fuh floor it was great

MalcomseX

Banned
I didn’t even remember Krysten Ritter being in Breaking Bad til I saw that scene. She must have been young.
I'm watching BB for the first time right now and I'm on season 2 and she's in most of the episodes, and yeah she's really young. And really hot.

eot

Banned
I thought it was pretty underwhelming tbh.

The flashbacks didn't add much, I don't care that much about Todd tbh. The events felt too drawn out to me, like how much of the run-time was spent just on Todd's apartment? I didn't dislike the movie, it just didn't add much to the story IMO.

I'm watching BB for the first time right now and I'm on season 2 and she's in most of the episodes, and yeah she's really young. And really hot.
Indeed

this was perfect

fck - totally thought this was a thread about aaron pauls 2 minute catch up of BB clip.....i just realized people are discussing hte movie in here cause its the teaser trailer thread...

Last edited:
It definitely tied everything up and told Jesse's side of the story immediately following the final episode, Todd comes across as even more creepy. The music and the suspense all really took me back to watching Breaking Bad when it originally aired.

Now the big question...

Will there be a spin off in Alaska with Jesse where he fights Breaking Bad again vs going back to college and going clean?

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
It was great to see everyone again but it wasn’t really needed. It’s more like an extended ending of the final episode rather than a new episode. Still enjoyed it though.
This was my take. It was well done and entertaining. It's a nice send-off for Jesse (I was sort of afraid they were going to use this as an opportunity to torture the character some more), but it wasn't really 'necessary' and didn't exactly do anything extremely new or interesting. That said definitely still enjoyed it a lot.

But I will say I am surprised Jesse Plemons got such a large role. He has aged horribly in 6 short years, in addition to the massive weight gain.. was kind of jarring. Also, unless I'm completely spaced out at some point, that Skinny Pete scene in police custody didn't make it into the film, eh?

bitbydeath

That was pretty great. Probably better viewed as an epilogue than a full-fledged movie.

When they showed Todd's silhouette through the tarp, I was convinced they were only going to use his voice. And then he pulls the tarp away and I'm like, "Oh ok, so they'll just hide his appearance with these cage bars", and then nope, he lets Jesse out of his cage and there's Plemons in all his obese glory.

I too was going to criticise fake Matt Damon but then realised my gut was no better.

i didn't really have a problem with todd being fat

people's weights do fluctuate in the real world and jesse was there for like half a year

in one of the episodes in the show todd is shown eating ice cream and there being several different ben and jerrys ice creams stocked at the nazi hideout

Javthusiast

Banned
It was entertaining, but ultimately utterly pointless. Also didn't need 2 hours.

When he escaped at the end of Breaking Bad we all could infer that he somehow would avoid the police and get away, and this was just 2 hours of him doing basically that with not much suspense at all.

Mr. Robots season 4 premiere was 1 hour shorter, way more creatively shot and had more suspense.

NYR

When he escaped at the end of Breaking Bad we all could infer that he somehow would avoid the police and get away, and this was just 2 hours of him doing basically that with not much suspense at all.
Wrong. His fingerprints are all over the crime scene not to mention a piss and shit bucket with his DNA. He was also a FBI rat who happened to disappeared right after two agents were murdered. It was stupid to think he was just going to get away clean and just needed to walk away.

Last edited:

Porcile

It was fairly entertaining. Probably about as good a movie about Jesse "6ix9ine" Pinkman was going to be.

Just finished it up. Thought "wow, Robert Forster is looking really old" and as soon as I hop back online, I hear he's dead. RIP

As for the movie, it was a nice little epilogue to the series but yeah I have to agree that it was kinda unnecessary.

RIP Robert Forster; what timing. Reminds me of when Ultimate Warrior returned to the WWE only to pass away a day later.

I agree with those who said this felt a bit underwhelming and unnecessary. Makes me wonder if Vince Gilligan has debts to pay off like Coppola did when he made Godfather 3.

C4lukin2

Banned
29,000 reviews in 22 hours on El Camino, 29k reviews . That is double what Dark Crystal has done over the course of a couple of months.

C4lukin2

Banned
RIP Robert Forster

God this was unexpected, I can't believe this is real

What an awesome actor we was

Goddamn it

Holy shit I thought you were confused, or joking.,

Super sad. I know he has done a ton of great stuff, but Me Myself and Irene came to mind.

good movie but felt ultimately unnecessary. I had to pause the movie and look up todd because I remember him not being so fat, it annoyed the shit out of me.

also, that one scene near the end

bryan cranston's bald cap didn't look that great

if it was an episode of the show it would have been one of the weakest ones but overall it still felt like it was worth watching.

i dug it. though i agree with most people here that ultimately, it seems unnecessary. breaking bad was a masterpiece as it is, and this didn't do a ton to advance the story in any meaningful way

but if you're a fan of breaking bad, there are certainly worse ways to spend 2 hours

JimiNutz

Banned
Movie was fine I guess.

Breaking Bad will always be Walter + Jesse to me though and the dynamic between these two very different characters.
Without Walt it feels like half the show.

C4lukin2

Banned
It was good, just made me want more Breaking Band.

Without spoiling it, we saw Jesse escape in the final episode.

We really did not need to know what he did afterwards. But I still appreciate that El Camino exists.

It is completely unnecessary, but it is like two more bonus quality episodes of the series.

Fat Todd is distracting, but if you have not watched the final episodes in the past couple of years, maybe you will not notice.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It was good, just made me want more Breaking Band.

Without spoiling it, we saw Jesse escape in the final episode.

We really did not need to know what he did afterwards. But I still appreciate that El Camino exists.

It is completely unnecessary, but it is like two more bonus quality episodes of the series.

Fat Todd is distracting, but if you have not watched the final episodes in the past couple of years, maybe you will not notice.
Jesse has a bigger head also, looks like an egg man

eot

Banned
Movie was fine I guess.

Breaking Bad will always be Walter + Jesse to me though and the dynamic between these two very different characters.
Without Walt it feels like half the show.
I didn't miss Walt, but still felt like this was a lot of filler

GamingKaiju

I enjoyed it felt like an extra bonus episode. Fat Todd was distracting though, Jesse ripping apart Todd’s flat was brill.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It's exactly how I imagined it, but with out the Todd stuff.
Great movie.
Are spoilers allowed in here?

G-Bus

Banned
Was nice to go back and see what happens to Jesse.

Unnecessary is a good way to put it. I enjoyed it. Not exactly what I was expecting though.

Top Bottom