• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicles |OT| The 108 Stars of Kickstarter

GeorgPrime

Banned

- REWORKING THE THREAD WITH ALL INFORMATION - KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN FINISHED 100 % -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. Welcome to my first OT on Neogaf. I have chosen a really special OT for me - a game i was litersally waiting 15 years for.

wvnkrRi.png

gpVDRen.png

9daf708c145fe22a5497607ce99ba221_original.gif

"Eiyuden Chronicle - Hundred Heroes" is the spiritual successor to the Suikoden franchise.

A brand new high quality JRPG from Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden 1&2) and Junko Kawano (Suikoden 1&4) in their first collaboration in 25 years.

Its has a traditional 6-character battle system utilizing painstakingly created 2D sprites and georgous 3D backgrounds.

It features a deep story with 100 characters intricately intertwined.

Its going to release on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, PS 5, Xbox Series X and Nintendos Next Generation hardware.

The game was put on Kickstarted in 2020 and was a big success.

LxCYtOR.png

7adc809e5748aa01d7c75302c0b913c2_original.jpg

In the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign the team of "Rabbit & Bear Studios" asked for a humble 570.000 Dollar to get the project started.

But never undestimate the Suikoden thirst after 15 years....

Nobody expected the campaign to end with 4.571.000 Dollar thanks to the ongoing passionate efforts of the Suikoden community and an surprising last minute final stretch goal.

Take a look at the wonderful achievments of this passionate Kickstarter campaign:

• Third Highest Video Game Kickstarter OF ALL TIME… (in 2020 no less)
  • Highest backers and funding from Japan
  • 47 Stretch goals smashed!
  • You cleared EVERY social media challenge, with the exception of the Toy Shop and the Lumbermill. Those two are so so close!
  • You helped fund 4 different other game Kickstarter campaigns mentioned in our weekly Kickstarter Spotlight.
  • You straight up BROKE Kickstarter on the first day of the campaign with all your initial pledges.
  • But most importantly, you made friends with other fans, built an amazing community, and helped empower the creators who gave you many great memories.

The 47 Stretch Goals included:

- 500.000 $: Minimum Goal reached
- 750.000 $: Fortress Town unlocked
- 1.000.000 $: Consoles unlocked
- 1.250.000 $: Cooking Minigame
- 1.500.000 $: New Game+ Mode
- 1.600.000 $: New Sound Effects
- 1.650.000 $: Chinese Localization
- 1.700.000 $: Guild System
- 1.800.000 $: 101th Hero Perrielle
- 1.950.000 $: Fishing Minigame
- 2.100.000 $: 102th Hero Yuferius joins
- 2.200.000 $: 103th Hero Hildi joins
- 2.350.000 $: Top Battle Minigame
- 2.450.000 $: 104th Hero Maxim joins
- 2.500.000 $: Korean Localization
- 2.600.000 $: Ful Orchestral Soundtrack
- 2.700.000 $: Party Conversations
- 2.750.000 $: 105th Hero Mellore joins
- 2.800.000 $: Psychic Detective Agency
- 2.850.000 $: Trading Minigame
- 2.900.000 $: 106th Hero Rody joins
- 2.925.000 $: Brazilian Portugese Localization
- 2.950.000 $: Racing Minigame
- 2.975.000 $: 107th Hero Gocteau joins
- 3.000.000 $: Hot Springs
- 3.025.000 $: Monster Raising Minigame
- 3.050.000 $: 108th Hero Iris joins
- 3.075.000 $: Russian Localization
- 3.100.000 $: Voiced Cutscenes
- 3.125.000 $: 109th Hero joins (Backer Vote)
- 3.175.000 $: Flag Design Mode
- 3.250.000 $: Another Story: Marisa (DLC)
- 3.325.000 $: Farm System
- 3.425.000 $: Duel System (Suikoden Classic)
- 3.600.000 $: Card Battle Mode
- 3.700.000 $: Ranking Mode
- 3.800.000 $: Theatre System (Suikoden 3)
- 3.850.000 $: 110th Hero joins (Backer Vote)
- 4.000.000 $: Backstory Novel (DLC)
- 4.250.000 $: Hero Mode - The Depths
- 4.300.000 $: Asynchronous Mode (PVP Fortress Mode)
- 4.350.000 $: Fotress Asset Pack (A New Style)
- 4.400.000 $: Battle Defence Mode
- 4.500.000 $: Another Story: Seign (DLC)

- 4.525.000 $: Companion Game by Atari-Natsume (Wild Guns)

If you want to know more abot Stretch Goals check the Kickstarter Page or just ask.

JfYKRhq.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story of Eiyuden Chronicles

e9dec997456ab131ab4bb0be902a2f9b_original.PNG

The 100 "Stars of Destiny"

Suikoden had originally 108 Stars of Destiny which were collectible throughout the game. They were individual heroes with different talents, some who could help you in active battle and some who offered passive buffs to your fortress and other stuff. The more heroes you found the bigger your castle grew or with 108 Stars of Destiny you were able to influence destiny and get an alternative ending.

Eiyuden Chronicles includes 100 heroes and added 8 additional heroes as "Milestones" in the kickstarter campaign. ;)

026be39dfb10675ef6e8c1c2d85c1e52_original.png

You can already see the Suikoden vibes when you just take a look at the maincharacters. I guess the long time fans already know who the bad and who the good guy is.

Known heroes so far are:

Hero 001: Nowa

fd28cc92003d4c8e80cb7760e82402cb_original.png

a558095a9186410163401ff2dbf7d9ec_original.png

Hero 002: Seign Kesling

dd9cba9bcd0d8f5f8c56d483e0be16d6_original.png

ee4ce7af10c8f8ffcc2c13556def49c5_original.PNG

Hero 003: Marisa

def8825dcdf5cd7dc53dc3105a7206c2_original.png

fe2ee274f9aa276e02f7c973f1df7cf8_original.PNG

Hero 004: Lian

cbc178fcdf289ea0567b65f201f75e83_original.png

8ed610ed6f95addf7366f5f1bf19d8d2_original.PNG

Hero 005: Garr

afc8f158c5df722c6154a1ad6fe598e0_original.png

b6916fae93bbc067bd00e57847e1b9b4_original.PNG

Hero 006: Melridge

10f439a5535eba0707495faa2774006b_original.png

f787e8a96c9dabc33afd9eeae8df20ed_original.PNG

Hero 007: Mio

deb54cfcf1db894fedfad2658fc54ab1_original.png

de1555bb9d8e5673419af66554b2cb32_original.PNG

Hero 101: Perrielle Grum

edd84465b5fb46b9a7235e0e2a34ecfd_original.png

HOME: A noble family in one of the League's lesser nations

FAVORITE FOOD: Tomato and cheese sandwiches

A young woman descended from a collateral branch of one of the League of Nation's royal families. She's sharp as a tack, a go-getter, and full of fire. Where others mince words, Perrielle sharpens them for the kill—and people deride her for that lack of demureness. "She'd be a lovely girl," they say, "if she wasn't always braying."

Perrielle's father, whom she loved dearly, died when she was little. She came to realize that for all the presents he'd showered her with, he'd never offered her a word of praise. Now, she is driven by this one thing she can never have: her father's approval.

"Those prune-faced mules on the council can shove it. I work twice as hard as the boys, and get thrice as much done! Well, that's fine. I'll put in four or five times the hours, if that's what it takes to shut their stupid, wrinkled old mouths!"

Perielle seems like a very capable young woman. If only others noticed how hard working and intelligent she is. We can’t wait to see what she can do!

Hero 102: Yuferius VII

67214995aa47fdd40cf50985b0f48fe9_original.png

HOME: Impershi'arc

FAVORITE FOOD: Avocado sushi

A shi'arc guard captain originally from Impershi'arc, his people's desert nation. His strategic eye and masterful ability to mount a defense have helped him secure mercenary work in many a town.

Yuferius may look scary, but he's a capable, detail-oriented commander who makes sure to learn the name of every soldier who serves under him.

QUOTE:

"Wha—? Who gives a tooth if they try to flank us! We're ready for 'em. It's THEM's not ready for US."

How exciting! Yuferius looks like a walking shark attack! He’s definitely going to be an interesting addition to your army.

Hero 103: Hildi

1f2b495e987a912fdcac1dd9d71f0f74_original.png

HOME: A military family

FAVORITE FOOD: Sugar toast

Seign's right-hand officer, a capable aide with an incredible attention to detail. Sometimes, Hildi is so prepared that she's ready to carry out her orders before they're given. While she hails from a famous military family, a disreputable act attributed to her father has sullied their honor. She is determined to restore dignity to her house.

Hildi's hobbies include tidying, organizing, tidying, cleaning, and tidying. When she's in a foul mood, she chases the soldiers from the barracks and cleans the dickens out of the place—their personal effects included—so they are extra careful not to rile her up.

QUOTE:

"Everything has been arranged, sir. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job."

Anyone would be lucky to have someone like Hildi at their side on the battlefield. Just don’t annoy her!

Hero 104: Maxim

93af214aaaa3ff47da368af2c1cefd3f_original.png

PROFESSION: Officer in one of the League's armies

FAVORITE FOOD: Roast beef

A second lieutenant in the army of one of the League of Nations' member states. He's earnest to a fault, and isn't shy about professing his idealistic views. Fortunately, his soldiers and friends see past that and recognize Maxim as a likable and honest man who just wants to achieve his very best.

QUOTE:

"I already know the secret to success. Care to hear it? It's quite simple: don't stop trying to succeed."

Maxim sounds like he’ll make for a reliable ally, if maybe a little too naive? I guess we’ll see in the final game

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Media:

Boss Battle

Town

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

LATEST UPDATES

UPDATE 8 (10.August 2020) - Rune Lenses explained, Guild System and additional rewards
Update 9 (12.August 2020 - Character Spotlight Mellore and Rody, Social Media Update, Fanart
Update 10 (14.August 2020) - 9th Most Funded Kickstarter Game, Komota Interview, Community Spotlight
Update 11 (17.August 2020) - Fan Chosen Stretch Goal, Minigame Explanations, New Premium Rewards, New Pledge Add-ons, Reward Upgrades, Figure Protoype, New Ingame Sneak Peak, New Discord AMA

(​

Whoever wants to help out with additional graphics and other stuff - iam open for all support. xD

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Appreciate this OT my man 🤩

Now at 2,756,490 US dollars, at 2.8 million they have a secret stretch goal, followed by a trading mini-game at 2.85 milion

Mr Hyde

I cannot believe we are going to get a brand new game in the same vein as Suikoden, from the original creators no less.

Suikoden is one of my favorite franchises and it was the first jrpg I ever played. Living in Sweden, we didn't get any rpgs at all during the 80s and early 90s, no Chrono Trigger, no Dragon Quest, no Final Fantasy. Publishers treated PAL-land like the plague and you had to resort to importing if you wanted to play the classics.

Suikoden however got localized for Europe as one of the first Jrpgs to hit the market for the PSX. It was Konamis attempt to draw interest from Final Fantasy VII, which was the very first FF set to be released in EU and was hyped to heavens here in Sweden.

I bought Suikoden at launch as a way to prepare for FF VII due to my inexperience and rumors that Jrpgs were difficult to understand and play.

I loved Suikoden from start to finish. It was a powerful experience which cemented my love for Jrpgs. The best part of it was the story, which was so well written and compelling, I could not believe my eyes. I mean, I came from platformers, sports games and arcade-like experiences on NES and Mega Drive, to a grand adventure with hundreds of characters, political intriguing, skirmishes, love, betrayal and everything in between. It was magical.

Suikoden will always have a special place in my heart and to see a project like Eiyuden Chronicles come to fruition brings tears to my eyes.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Appreciate this OT my man 🤩

Now at 2,756,490 US dollars, at 2.8 million they have a secret stretch goal, followed by a trading mini-game at 2.85 milion

WTF. Neogaf never told me about people answering this thread. xD Just saw it.

I cannot believe we are going to get a brand new game in the same vein as Suikoden, from the original creators no less.

Suikoden is one of my favorite franchises and it was the first jrpg I ever played. Living in Sweden, we didn't get any rpgs at all during the 80s and early 90s, no Chrono Trigger, no Dragon Quest, no Final Fantasy. Publishers treated PAL-land like the plague and you had to resort to importing if you wanted to play the classics.

Suikoden however got localized for Europe as one of the first Jrpgs to hit the market for the PSX. It was Konamis attempt to draw interest from Final Fantasy VII, which was the very first FF set to be released in EU and was hyped to heavens here in Sweden.

I bought Suikoden at launch as a way to prepare for FF VII due to my inexperience and rumors that Jrpgs were difficult to understand and play.

I loved Suikoden from start to finish. It was a powerful experience which cemented my love for Jrpgs. The best part of it was the story, which was so well written and compelling, I could not believe my eyes. I mean, I came from platformers, sports games and arcade-like experiences on NES and Mega Drive, to a grand adventure with hundreds of characters, political intriguing, skirmishes, love, betrayal and everything in between. It was magical.

Suikoden will always have a special place in my heart and to see a project like Eiyuden Chronicles come to fruition brings tears to my eyes.

Jeah. I still have an original copy of the game. Its worth a bit now xD

----

We already unlocked a new milestone.

2.800.000 - Psychic Detectiv Agency

I get the feeling its like the detective in Suikoden 2? where he offers you hints and other stuff about recruitable heroes.

I guess in 1 or 2 days we will hit the 2.850.000 milestone

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned

----

I get the feeling its like the detective in Suikoden 2? where he offers you hints and other stuff about recruitable heroes.

Yeah we had one in suikoden 2, 3, and than the ninja detective agency in 5, in suikoden 4 I think they had a confessional and I believe a psychic that would give you hints on how to recruit people

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned

----

I personally hope they get up to 108 characters which is the amount of stars in suikoden

SilentUser

I can't believe this is actually happening, it is almost like a dream come true. I love the Suikoden titles, finding all those guys and creating a party woth 6 of them, I really miss that.

Look at this game: Suikoden artstyle mixed with Octopath Traveller, plus huge amount of heroes to choose from. Already digging the design of the heroes, can't wait to find them when I play this.

The game looks really fantastic.

But I can't stand that idiotic main character's weapon.
It looks like an appropriate weapon for beheading, but it seems tricky to use in combat. I don’t think waving it around, as the protagonist does in the battle video, would be as effective as a regular sword. But Suikoden protagonists often wield unusual weapons.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
It looks like an appropriate weapon for beheading, but it seems tricky to use in combat. I don’t think waving it around, as the protagonist does in the battle video, would be as effective as a regular sword. But Suikoden protagonists often wield unusual weapons.
Yeah. The weapon is just too weird. My favorite is still Riou's tonfa from 2.
I hate when they want to be oh so original at all cost. Happens often with JRPG games.

GeorgPrime

Banned
The game looks really fantastic.

But I can't stand that idiotic main character's weapon.

Maybe if enough people critize the weapon they may change it in the final version xD

Because thats literally the only thing everyone complains about.

Bwesh

Maybe if enough people critize the weapon they may change it in the final version xD

Because thats literally the only thing everyone complains about.
I hope they change it.

Off topic but who do you think will win? Georg vs Humphrey?

GeorgPrime

Banned
I hope they change it.

Off topic but who do you think will win? Georg vs Humphrey?

I guess it will be Georg. He just has a lot more going on regards Suikoden. He was one of the six great generals and he always has an important role in most Suikoden games. ;)

Humphrey could win if he poisoned the Cheesecake because Georg is addicted to Cheesecake ;)

I remember when Georg joined and he had 6 cheesecakes

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Still one of the best boss fights in RPG History :) the build up to the battle and the trap to finish him off. Bastard got what he deserved

Another video about the 27 True Runes of the Suikoden universe.

If they can rebuild the whole universe in Eiyuden Chronicles... that would be awesome.

Edit:

Put the Videogame storyteller video about Luca Blight in the thread.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

They just published another update.

Hey everyone,

It’s time for another update! Today, we’re venturing back to the Architect’s Office, where we spotlight gameplay mechanics in Eiyuden Chronicle. This week, we’ve got an extra special spotlight, as we’re highlighting two systems: the Guild System, and Rune-Lenses! A lot of people have been asking for more in-depth explanations for these two systems, so we’re happy to focus on them in today’s update.

Before we get started, however, a special announcement.

10th most funded Video Game KickStarter!

Thanks to the incredible support of all of you out there, Eiyuden Chronicle is officially the 10th most funded video game Kickstarter of all time, with 19 days still left in the campaign. Thank you for helping us smash so many stretch goals!

Guild System

In the Fortress Town’s early stages, you will need to take a direct role in expanding the town by gathering resources, conducting trade, and so forth. However, as the Fortress Town gets bigger, you’ll gain the ability to found “guilds”: a miners’ guild, woodcutters’ guild, guardsmen’s guild, blacksmiths’ guild, cooks’ guild, traders’ guild, etc.

Once you’ve established these guilds around town, they will start doing some of the resource gathering and other legwork for you. And if you expand the guilds further, you’ll be able to set up special detachment parties (separate from your main party) to carry out guild work and amass even more resources and funds. These resources can then be invested to upgrade the Fortress Town and its guilds even further.

Now, we plan for these detachment parties to actually move through the game world toward their objectives. And while the more responsible heroes may head straight for the finish line and mine the ore or defend the town that’s in trouble, other heroes may be more inclined to warm a tavern seat or take side trips. Not only that, depending on the abilities of the heroes you choose for the detachment, they may bring home extra resources. Or, if they are attacked along the way without an able fighter, they may be put to flight and return home empty-handed.

Basically, since your characters have a variety of abilities, you’ll want to choose your detachment rosters carefully to maximize your results.

Rune Lenses

Rune-lenses are the backbone of all power in the world of Eiyuden Chronicles. Lenses have different significance from nation to nation and culture to culture, but people everywhere have learned to harness their magical power and have handed that wisdom down—whether it’s to cast spells; use supernatural powers; or wield the lens symbolically, claiming the “divine gifts” represent a communion with god. The lenses are commonly crafted into weapons and accessories. However, the Galdean Empire has figured out how to amplify the lenses’ power by placing them inside specially engineered rings called “regules.”

The most valuable rune-lenses are sometimes handed down through families. There are also some individuals who are born with them inside their bodies. Many heroes have their own rune-lenses—no doubt you’ve noticed the back of Marisa’s hand or Perrielle’s hairpin—but you may also encounter heroes who don’t rely on rune-lenses at all.

The lenses’ importance carries over into the game system, too. By affixing runes to your heroes’ lenses, you can give them new magics and skills, or perhaps improve their physical abilities. Each hero’s lens is unique and supports runes of different type, rarity, and quantity. Some lenses may already contain a specialized rune that cannot be removed. Others may require runes of a certain type be affixed in specific positions. And when your heroes level up, the number of runes their lenses hold can potentially increase. We hope that players will use this system to create a roster of heroes that feels personal and powerful.

I wonder where else a brave adventurer might find rune-lenses in the world of Allraan?

Clarification on PS4 and Xbox One

We’ve received a few questions concerning whether the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are platforms we will support, due to the wording of one of our stretch goals. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Since we have cleared the console stretch goal many moons ago, when the post campaign survey has been released, all backers will be able to choose between PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Next-gen Nintendo platform (if one has been announced at the time. Please see Crowdfunding Realities on the campaign page for more information), and PC.

New Premium Reward

As mentioned on Friday, we have some amazing new rewards for you. First off, we have a new Premium Reward that we’re rolling out today. Thanks to our backers clearing the Top Battle minigame stretch goal, we’re able to offer a brand new Premium Reward themed around it.

Name a Rival Beigoma Trainer

8b6644638a4b3f9af492b79f71011c7b_original.png

At this reward tier, you’ll have the chance to name one of the rival beigoma trainers that you’ll face off against as you work towards your goal of becoming the greatest beigoma player Allraan has ever seen.

Jeweler Job Reward Set

290c77674aeeebdb32d894495ff7181b_original.png

Some of you may have seen the Jeweler Job has been added to the ever growing list of Job reward Sets (which will continue to grow based on future stretch goals). Here is a mockup of what those beautiful enamel pins will look like.

Add-ons: Steelbook, Chibi-Chara Figures & Snappies

Unfortunately, because we don’t want to add a huge number of additional packaged tiers, you will have to order these new options by adding additional money to your pledge, and then be extra careful to choose that item on your post campaign backer survey. This can open the door to a wide variety of logistical headaches, so please be extra careful to confirm these choices in your backer survey when it arrives!

Fortunately, for these three options, you can choose them a la carte, allowing for you to customize your pledge the way you want. Please note: for other items in the packaged tiers (such as the physical artbook, figures, etc.), due to some very difficult financial considerations, they are not available as a la carte add-ons.

Steelbook

By adding $20 onto your base pledge, you can get one of the most requested items in the campaign: a premium Steelbook case. There’s no better way to protect your personal copy of Eiyuden Chronicle than by encasing it in this limited edition metal case.

Chibi-Chara Figures

64537b18e4e52e5bd8436c4fb64d4cba_original.png

By adding $50 onto your base pledge, you will get a set of five (5) premium Chibi-Chara figures. We’ve got a mockup image of Nowa in Chibi-Chara form, courtesy of Junichi Murakami.

Snappies

By adding $50 onto your base pledge, you will get a set of three (3) adorable Snappie plushies. Snappies have little snaps on their hands, so you can snap two Snappies together to make them hold hands, or even snap one Snappies’ hands together into an adorable hug!

Mockup images for Snappies will be revealed at a later date, but we can say that the three characters will be Rabbit & Bear, the company mascots, and Marisa’s pet, who you’ll hear more about in the future.

NOTE: You can order both the Chibi-Chara Figures and the Snappies by adding $100 to your pledge, if you’re a figure aficionado.

Message from the Lost Ruins Team

Thanks to all of your amazing support, both in pledges and by helping raise awareness through your social media cooperation, Lost Ruins was able to not only clear its minimum goal, but smash through it’s next two goals as well! This is the true power of hundreds of backer heroes coming together!

Altari Games wanted to send along a message as a thank you for the incredibly warm support.

“Thank you so much for all Eiyuden Chronicle backers for supporting our little indie game! We never dreamed that when we launched this Kickstarter that we’d get the support of so many amazing backers so quickly! Not only did we hit our minimum goal, but we even hit our stretch goal to release the game on consoles! Thank you to the Eiyuden Chronicle Kickstarter and their backers for the help in making Lost Ruins a reality!”

If you want to follow the Lost Ruins campaign progress, you can check it out here.

We’ll be doing another Kickstarter indie spotlight this Friday. If you have a game that needs a little extra awareness, or needs to get over that tough minimum goal, be sure to tweet out a link to the Kickstarter with the hashtags #100heroesstrong and #KickstarterSpotlight.

Shout out to Suikoden Revival Movement

So far, this campaign has received a lot of support from all over the internet, and many fan communities have sprung up on great websites, Discord servers, and other social media platforms around the world. However, we can certainly say that without the amazing passion from the people at the Suikoden Revival Movement, we wouldn’t have nearly the momentum that we’re enjoying right now.

While there are many passionate individuals there, we wanted to give a special thanks to Chris H., Vextor, and Yuichi. If you haven’t had a chance to, please be sure to check out their Twitter.

Character Battle Update

If you’ve been following the Eiyuden Chronicles Character Battle that raged this weekend on the official Twitter, you know that we have reached the finals. If you haven’t, swing on over to the official Twitter account, so your voice can be heard! As stated on the main page, diversity is a key theme of this game. We’ve seen some people afraid that that could mean Murayama-san will compromise his vision, but one of the best things about having 105 characters (at the time of this update) is that he can realize his vision while still having an amazingly diverse cast of heroes. The different Character Battle results for Japanese speaking backers vs. English speaking backers illustrate this point rather nicely.

0f91f6537ae71f19d3a269399f3f0b6e_original.png

GeorgPrime

Banned
So i upgraded now my pledge to physical and added 20 dollar to it for the "Steel Book". Everyone who pledged for the game can add like 2200 yen for a steel book. There will be a new Discord AMA on friday and they are about to reveal a new "Ingame" sneak peak on friday.

They also plan to stretch goals (two DLCS) for the maingame which will be revealed soon for the finishing line of the kickstarter campaign. Most money is made in the first two days and in the last two days. If the backers achieve thoses DLCs, all DLC content will be free for backers later on

Whats New:

- 2.850.000 Stretch Goal: Trading Minigame added.

Merchants in Allraan travel across political borders to do business, and the player can also acquire trading goods at various trading posts in towns and villages. The price of each trading good will change depending on the time and place. Buying low and selling high can help make your adventure go much more smoothly!

Once you acquire the fortress town and find some heroes with a knack for trading, you can open a trading post in your own town.

- 2.900.000 Stretch Goal: 106th Hero Rody joins the battle
- 2.925.000 Stretch Goal: Brazilian Portugese Language added
- 2.950.000 Stretch Goal: Eggleg Racing Minigame

Eggleg races provide another source of entertainment in Allraan. Races are held in large towns, and lots of people gamble on the eggleg they think will win. Players can also take part in the gambling.

Once you acquire a fortress town and find an eggleg trainer, you'll be able to raise and breed your own egglegs, then send them out to race.

- 2.975.000 Stretch Goal: 107th Hero Gocteau joins the battle

- 3.000.000 Stretch Goal: Hot Springs are added to the fortress. Take some time off with your fellow heroes.
- 3.025.000 Stretch Goal: Eggleg Raising Minigame. Breed your own Egglegs for the Eggleg Racing Minigame
- 3.050.000 Stretch Goal: 108th Hero Iris joins the battle
- 3.075.000 Stretch Goal: Russian Language added

Next:
- 3.100.000 Stretch Goal: Voiced Cut Scenes
- 3.125.000 Stretch Goal: 109th Hero "?" joins the battle
- 3.175.000 Stretch Goal: *Hidden* Show your alliance
- 3.250.000 Stretch Goal: *Hidden* We have the technology

Iam trying to update everything as soon as i can. Having a new app project to sell is kind of time consuming.'

I added links to the newest updates:

Update 9 (12.August 2020 - Character Spotlight Mellore and Rody, Social Media Update, Fanart
Update 10 (14.August 2020) - 9th Most Funded Kickstarter Game, Komota Interview, Community Spotlight
Update 11 (17.August 2020) - Fan Chosen Stretch Goal, Minigame Explanations, New Premium Rewards, New Pledge Add-ons, Reward Upgrades, Figure Protoype, New Ingame Sneak Peak, New Discord AMA

I'm guessing the last milestone on the list is English voiceovers.

You were right. The next two are interesting

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
I guess it will be Georg. He just has a lot more going on regards Suikoden. He was one of the six great generals and he always has an important role in most Suikoden games. ;)

Humphrey could win if he poisoned the Cheesecake because Georg is addicted to Cheesecake ;)

I remember when Georg joined and he had 6 cheesecakes

was georg being one of the six great generals ret-conned after suikoden 2 or was that also mentioned in suikoden 1

a part of me does hope if eiyuden succeeds and konami starts up their game development division again, we'd finally one day get closure on the war with harmonia, the true runes, yuber/pesmerga, etc.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
was georg being one of the six great generals ret-conned after suikoden 2 or was that also mentioned in suikoden 1

a part of me does hope if eiyuden succeeds and konami starts up their game development division again, we'd finally one day get closure on the war with harmonia, the true runes, yuber/pesmerga, etc.

Post Succession War

At some point before the Succession War, Georg was appointed as one of the Six Great Generals in the Scarlet Moon Empire by Barbarossa Rugner. It was during that conflict he earned his "Deathblow Georg" title due to his strength and ferocity in battle.

After leaving the Scarlet Moon Empire he travelled to the Grasslands and joined the Ebony Moon Knights. Eventually he rose to lead them for a short time.

Suikoden V

Eventually he was invited by Ferid to come to the Queendom of Falena to take up a position in the Queen's Knights. However, he wasn't just to serve in this position as a protector of the Queen and her family. Ferid had become increasingly worried that Queen Arshtat could one day be consumed by the Sun Rune. Georg was tasked to kill the Queen in the event that the Sun Rune made her lose control and threatened the very existence of Falena.

In IS 449, this was to be the case. Arshtat in a crazed state, after the Godwin coup and storming of the castle, killed Ferid. Just as the Queen turned to use the rune again, Georg thrust his blade through her back. Her dying wish being that he take care of her children.

He helped the Prince throughout the Sun Rune War though most it distant through recon missions. This was to distance himself from the Prince due to him killing the Queen in event it would tarnish the Prince's cause.

Suikoden II

Following the conclusion of the war, he traveled north and in IS 460, met Riou and agreed to lend a hand to the New State Army in the Dunan Unification War.

Adding a Street Shark was a little bit silly but w/e as long as it's Suikoden/2 quality we're good.

They have a whole country of shark people in the story of the country.

At the moment they are started to present character artworks for the 109th character:

DESIGN A (looks more like Neclord from Suikoden)

DESIGN B

DESIGN C and D will be revealed soon to.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
So we already finished a new stretch goal

3.175.000 - Show your alliance (Flag Design Mode)

Now we are heading to the first free DLC for all backers.

3.250.000 - We have the technology (Another Story: Marisa): This is an additional 10 hour story dlc featuring Marisa for the game.

idrago01

Banned
So we already finished a new stretch goal

3.175.000 - Show your alliance (Flag Design Mode)

Now we are heading to the first free DLC for all backers.

3.250.000 - We have the technology (Another Story: Marisa): This is an additional 10 hour story dlc featuring Marisa for the game.
the last couple of days has really been a change in momenutum, i was starting to get a little worried that it was plateauing a week or so ago, hopefully these dlc's can push it over 4 million

GeorgPrime

Banned
We got the concept art for 108th Hero "Iris" now.

108th Hero - Iris

118075666_10220008944747600_1259293055154718501_n.jpg

HOME: The University of Carles
FAVORITE FOOD: Black tea, and biscuits to go with it
An architect who graduated from the League of Nation's prestigious University of Carles. She's usually quite pleasant to chat with, but when it comes to her trade, she can't shut up. Mention the word "gables" and you're in for an hour-long ode to the perfect slope—and don't even get her started about gambrels!

QUOTE:
"Oh, hello there! Come in, don't be shy. This is a happy space! That's what they pay me to build. I know, I live a charmed life."
No question, an architect could certainly come in handy when building a whole town!
Reminds me a bit of "Mercedes" from Fire Emblem - Three Houses. She even got the "Iam going to die" haircut.

And they revelead a new stretch goal:

3.325.000 Dollar - Field of Dreams (YOu get your own farm for the fortress to raise and sell crops to support your army and stuff)

All Design Artworks for Hero 109th. They will start a community voting soon:

1.jpg

And they released an new update:

Update 12 - A Spotlight for Hero 107 and 108, Music Spotlight, Fan Feature Ending Song, Another Story DLC, Stream Voting

They aare looking for fans to sing a part of the ending song. So everyone who wants to contribute can do that and they will put the part into the ending of Eiyuden Chronicles

And LOL

Closing Stream

While it’s not set in stone, we are considering the idea of doing a closing stream during the last 4 hours of the campaign. The goal would be for this to be a celebration of how far we’ve gotten, as well as to get to know the key creators better. We have one problem though: we don’t know what you would like to see on the stream.

• Do you want to see Murayama-san eat curry out of his pot helmet?
  • Would you like to see all four creators have an artist’s draw-off to see who can make the best Human-Faced Fish?
  • Should we ask them trivia questions?

The point is, we don’t know, and we’re looking for any suggestions you may have. Post your suggestions in the comments section for this update.

Much as we know you may want it, there’s one thing we cannot do, and that is stream previous titles that the creators have worked on. Thank you for understanding

Last edited:

GonSama

Sounds cool.
But why can't we have a new Suikoden?

Konami's goal is to kill all their IPs? Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Yu-Gi-Oh!, ZoE, Suikoden... such a waste.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Sounds cool.
But why can't we have a new Suikoden?

Konami's goal is to kill all their IPs? Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Yu-Gi-Oh!, ZoE, Suikoden... such a waste.

Konami said they dont have the people anymore to develop a good rpg

Top Bottom