• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Kickstarter campaign launched

idrago01

Banned
No. I have a policy to never fund Kickstarters or the likes, no matter how much I love the project. I will show my support by buying the game when it releases.
that's cool, I guess people have really gotten burned hard from crowdfunding or have philosophical issues with the concept, I usually use indiegogo but I only really buy comics, nothing as big as this game and so far I haven't had any issues, I enjoy participating in the campaigns and these projects mean a lot to the creators who put their heart and soul into their work

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
I thought this was an interesting bit about the combat system from their update today

• Snipers and mages can attack from vantage points.
  • Characters can hide behind cover to protect themselves and support comrades
  • Mages can use magic to burn away the grass, or sunder the land and affect topography with earthquakes. Terrain matters in this game and can be used to gain the upper hand.

It looks like they're taking some cues from Divinity original sin, I just want them to bring back unite attacks I think they hinted about it at some point, and I wonder if they'll bring back the rune system in some form although I never liked how you were so limited as far as the number and variety of spells

Mr Hyde

that's cool, I guess people have really gotten burned hard from crowdfunding or have philosophical issues with the concept

My stance against crowdfunding mostly stems from me seeing too many Kickstarters crash and burn. I don't want to gamble with my money like that. Kudos to all of those who do back projects like these though, otherwise a lot of great games probably never would have been made. But for me personally I just buy the games the old traditional way when it's completed.

Bwesh

...and I wonder if they'll bring back the rune system in some form although I never liked how you were so limited as far as the number and variety of spells
They will, but it's a little different.

lfWQVuL.png

saintjules

Eiyuden Chronicle: Junko Kawano Interview (English Version)

Eiyuden Chronicle: Osamu Komuta Interview (English Version)

Last edited:

4EZCOOLDART

It's currently at about 3.65 million with ~3 days left. I'd love to see it crack 4 mil but it already did WAY better than I expected. This game has a shark man and he is a real goober.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Does anyone know if you get anything extra by backing versus just buying it on Steam for the $40 digital version?

Iam still working on the Eiyuden OT, i can put the Information there later but at the moment

- Backer will get a golden Cat joining the Fortress Town later
- Backer will get the first two DLCs (Another Story: Marisa and Another Story: Seign) for free. Each DLC is said to add around 10 hours to the main game and tells the Story of Eiyuden from another persons perspective (like they did in Suikoden 3)
- Backer get a free Background Story Novel written by Murayama
- Backer also get the Companion Game (Developed by Natsume-Atari) just for 7 Dollar

And the Backers got stuff like "Steel Book" for physical copies of the game, Artbooks, CD Soundtracks / Vinyl Soundtracks and other Merchandising stuff.

I still need to decide on a Job Tier Reward that got added to my Pledge:

Playwright Set

0c9cd0f4f63207893f4b89fae254342a_original.jpg

8a14d46ed8421f86ca8ea104bc1c2462_original.PNG

or

The Curator Reward

30c8ed627633689f64cbea89890e1748_original.jpg

But due to the Social Media Goals that got achieved they are adding a third layer to the diorama. So i need to wait for an update

Last edited:

saintjules

How time flies...

Just a friendly PSA that emails have gone out to select your preferred platform of the game if you opted for a physical copy. You have until September 20th to complete the survey.

x2OTqL1.jpg

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
How time flies...

Just a friendly PSA that emails have gone out to select your preferred platform of the game if you opted for a physical copy. You have until September 20th to complete the survey.

x2OTqL1.jpg
They want me to jump through multiple hoops for a survey I completed like 3 years ago? Fuck off.

NanaMiku

How time flies...

x2OTqL1.jpg

Oh that's why. My wife said there's a new survey for Eiyuden. I've checked my email and there's no email from them. Turns out it's only for the psyhical version. I backed the digital version

Top Bottom