• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Kickstarter campaign launched

Eanox

yes yes yes!!
Suikoden thirst is real.
One of the best news of my gaming life. I was scared that it will not reach the console stretch goals.

Konami should take notice and Create Suikoden 6.
or remake Suikoden 1 and 2.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Gonna back it real soon when I can be fucked logging into Kickstarter. I wanna put my cat in the game but I'm not paying 1.2K for it.

Esca

Looks good. I won't back it (prefer not to if a product reached its goal) but I will buy it when it comes out on the ps5

Pallas

Backed it myself, it’s not Suikoden but I’m hoping it’s a new saga with the same feeling that got me hooked on Suikoden. Love the sprites, the art, and I’m so happy to see the some of the old crew together designing this. It’s not much but I want to have a hand in supporting this.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Backed it myself, it’s not Suikoden but I’m hoping it’s a new saga with the same feeling that got me hooked on Suikoden. Love the sprites, the art, and I’m so happy to see the some of the old crew together designing this. It’s not much but I want to have a hand in supporting this.

I backed it as well.. I admire the transparency, pragmatism of the pitch, and how well they are approaching it as a whole.

The sprites are not only high quality but very well animated and detailed and the choice for 3D backgrounds and static-ish camera angles allow them to pack in a lot of details at a lower cost thus making a very high level of polish more achievable for their team and budgets. They can still have dynamic elements but they need a lot less of them and some particle effects than one would think to make these backgrounds feel alive and part of a well connected world.

So far, I am seeing a better approach and higher quality work than S-E’s Octopath Traveller which is astonishing.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Its really funny that some of the stretch goals are new Heroes for the game.... if all stretch goals are achieved it will ad up to

108 Stars of Destiny

I know what they did there. Konami doesnt like it. xD

Just let it come to consoles too and let it be good. Than i can die happily.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
It’s over 2 million and counting :messenger_sunglasses: In this day and age of entitled egotistical western developers who have such disdain for their own fans, it’s refreshing to read this from muryamas interview at niche gamer.

Murayama: The starting point of doing a Kickstarter was when the core members got together and say, “Isn’t it about time we really made something that we all love. Something we know will be enjoyed by the fans.”

GeorgPrime

Banned
It’s over 2 million and counting :messenger_sunglasses: In this day and age of entitled egotistical western developers who have such disdain for their own fans, it’s refreshing to read this from muryamas interview at niche gamer.

Murayama: The starting point of doing a Kickstarter was when the core members got together and say, “Isn’t it about time we really made something that we all love. Something we know will be enjoyed by the fans.”

Currency?

In Euro it hit 1.800.000

GeorgPrime

Banned
They crossed now 2.400.000 Dollar.... on the way to 2.500.000 Million.

They added now "Korean Localization"

Spread the word korea... spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam sure after that they add Chinese Localization xD

If this continues they have enough money to create two games

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
They crossed now 2.400.000 Dollar.... on the way to 2.500.000 Million.

They added now "Korean Localization"

Spread the word korea... spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam sure after that they add Chinese Localization xD

If this continues they have enough money to create two games
I don't know 2.5 million dollars with that large of a team seems like chump change even bloodstained's 5 milion doesn't seem like a lot, I think kickstarter is just to prove that there is demand for this type of game especially one that is creator controlled and to interact/hype up customers, a big publisher will still need to come in and fund the rest

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't know 2.5 million dollars with that large of a team seems like chump change even bloodstained's 5 milion doesn't seem like a lot, I think kickstarter is just to prove that there is demand for this type of game especially one that is creator controlled and to interact/hype up customers, a big publisher will still need to come in and fund the rest

No surprise here, they say all of that in the Kickstarter page :).

Dr Bass

Kickstarter is just a way to prove there is a customer base for a game. It's not necessarily there to fund an entire development, and I think that's where a lot of past "indie" games have failed. Too many people think having a great idea is a big chunk of the work, or they think that money is going to enable them to do whatever they want. Never, ever the case.

I think these guys clearly know what they are doing. Really hope it finishes because I love Suikoden 1 and 2.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Was just about to donate, but then I noticed the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag below the Kickstarter logo. Whatever, let them virtue signal, I thought, but then I hovered over the link and it was literally this: "https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/"

They chose not to link to just the main page, but specifically the section that advocated defunding the police. Fuck this website. I will never use it again.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Was just about to donate, but then I noticed the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag below the Kickstarter logo. Whatever, let them virtue signal, I thought, but then I hovered over the link and it was literally this: "https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/"

They chose not to link to just the main page, but specifically the section that advocated defunding the police. Fuck this website. I will never use it again.

"We know that police don’t keep us safe — and as long as we continue to pump money into our corrupt criminal justice system at the expense of housing, health, and education investments — we will never be truly safe."

Jeah .... a state without a justice system will turn into an criminal oblivion. So you never will be safe.... because all the snowflakes and other woke people will surely fight for our security and kill people if needed.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
"We know that police don’t keep us safe — and as long as we continue to pump money into our corrupt criminal justice system at the expense of housing, health, and education investments — we will never be truly safe."

Jeah .... a state without a justice system will turn into an criminal oblivion. So you never will be safe.... because all the snowflakes and other woke people will surely fight for our security and kill people if needed.
it’s always a certain tribe that has seemingly overwhelming control of the media and most major corporations and business (including kickstarter) that pushes this f’cking suicidal agenda.

having said that i’m still backing it and afterwards i hope kickstarter dies along with patreon, i guess we all have a price 🤷‍♂️

Metnut

Who gives a shit about the politics of Kickstarter? If you like Suikoden and want to see these games come back in the modern gaming era, then buck up and back this.

The more backing this project gets sends a bigger message that people want these games.

idrago01

Banned
it’s over 2.5 million us dollars the next reward is at 2.6 mill for full brass orchestra, than inter party conversations at 2.7 mill (i really want this one) and than another character bringing the total 105 at 2.8 mill with only 3 more to get it to 108 the same as suikoden

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It looks really good but I never had and will back any kickstarter, heck even if Yoko Taro make kickstarter I wont still wont back it. I will supported the game same way I do with any game, by buying it when it comes out.

GeorgPrime

Banned
it’s always a certain tribe that has seemingly overwhelming control of the media and most major corporations and business (including kickstarter) that pushes this f’cking suicidal agenda.

having said that i’m still backing it and afterwards i hope kickstarter dies along with patreon, i guess we all have a price 🤷‍♂️

I backed that game together with a friend. I also just want Suikoden. Evetything else doesnt matter

Last edited:

Hudo

I really dig how it looks. I think it's a good choice to use sprites for the characters and polys for environment, Suikoden 2 has aged very well, IMHO. Did they talk about what engine they use?

GeorgPrime

Banned
I really dig how it looks. I think it's a good choice to use sprites for the characters and polys for environment, Suikoden 2 has aged very well, IMHO. Did they talk about what engine they use?

I dont think so. Maybe they will talk later about it

idrago01

Banned
It looks really good but I never had and will back any kickstarter, heck even if Yoko Taro make kickstarter I wont still wont back it. I will supported the game same way I do with any game, by buying it when it comes out.
normally i’d agree but this is a niche game in an over saturated market, i want to see what the developers can do without interference and in control of their own IP

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
normally i’d agree but this is a niche game in an over saturated market, i want to see what the developers can do without interference and in control of their own IP
I hope they do, but I personally support them by buying the game once its out, I just don't do kickstarters or patrons.

I've backed the likes of Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and recently Bloodstained designing a weapon for that one.

None of my Kickstarters have gone bad, but I've never played Suikoden so I can't really go and back something I know nothing about. You guys can just have my spirit bomb instead or whatever. I hope this one turns out good too.

idrago01

Banned
Have the devs confirmed that the PC version will indeed be for Steam?
they were pretty adamant they were not going to lock out anyone on pc like epic did with shenmue but this from their faq at kickstarter.

“We will not enter into an exclusive agreement with a platformer. We have vehemently pushed this point with any potential publishing partner and won’t enter into an agreement with a publisher that requires us to do that. That being said, porting for platforms, CPU/GPU limitations etc are a real issue so we need to be careful with the commitments we make.”

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
It looks like a rip-off of Octopath Traveler.

i mean this looks pretty good to me and spritework looks straight from suikoden 2

730-F54-C5-B419-4-E17-B605-771148-E75497.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
i mean this looks pretty good to me and spritework looks straight from suikoden 2

730-F54-C5-B419-4-E17-B605-771148-E75497.jpg

Overall I think it is looking better. The sprites are higher quality (animation and definition wise) and the backgrounds do fit well for a great 2D adventure despite them being 3D (perhaps better than Octopath Traveller, which I really like, or at least on par).

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
The backgrounds look nice, admittedly. Everything else looks like a hot garbage fire.
Ok. I guess you can't please everyone... but for most suikoden fans we've been begging for a return to form with 2d sprites, something about the way they animated in conjunction with the frequent music changes was pretty magical, like odessa's death or viktor facing off against neclord, or pahn hunched over shaking after he lost to general Teo, we lost that feeling with the switch to 3D

idrago01

Banned
Jesus! Some people are really hard to please. Have you guys seen how small the team is? The sprite work is perfectly fine. As long as the gameplay isn't too slow, I'll buy this day 1.
Consider backing it, they still have stretch goals going on, they just reached one for soundtrack with brass orchestra, they're still adding new game features and characters based on how much they raise

Mr Hyde

Very happy to see this funded. What a wonderful initiative to create a Suikoden spin off. It reads like a love letter to all of us fans who've waited decades for another entry in Konamis classic franchise. This game has shot up to the top of my most wanted games. Will most likely grab the Switch version.

idrago01

Banned
Very happy to see this funded. What a wonderful initiative to create a Suikoden spin off. It reads like a love letter to all of us fans who've waited decades for another entry in Konamis classic franchise. This game has shot up to the top of my most wanted games. Will most likely grab the Switch version.
Try to back it if you can and show the developers some love, they still have ongoing stretch goals that add more stuff to the game making it better for everyone

Eiyuden Kickstarter

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Try to back it if you can and show the developers some love, they still have ongoing stretch goals that add more stuff to the game making it better for everyone

No. I have a policy to never fund Kickstarters or the likes, no matter how much I love the project. I will show my support by buying the game when it releases.

Top Bottom