• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eFootball Free to Play and Cross-Platform

fersnake

to me this direction is ok, they already releasing every year a "new game" with another number i rather have this efootball with season pass like 20 bucks a years for a new update that a full 60/70 dollar game. now the gameplay still looks so bad and they're not even using UE5.

jonnyp

What are YOU talking about?

The games included offline and online modes and when you bought the game (whatever you paid) you were guaranteed that you were getting a complete package.

Want to play offline game modes? There they are from the jump, no extra cost.
Want to play online? Make sure you have Live, Plus or whatever and there they are right from the jump.

What kind of logic (if you can call it that) are you trying to use?

You can't claim the game is free to play if the fucking mode you want to play is locked behind a fucking paywall. Defeats the whole damn purpose.

Are you serious? Remove content that was avaliable in previous editions and lock it behind a paywall and then claim your game is free to play?

No the fuck it ain't.

Who has claimed offline (ML etc) was F2P? Konami has now clearly stated that the online mode is F2P but offline including ML etc isn't. Please explain what extra cost this year's offline mode will have and how it is locked behind a paywall in comparison to last years game? Last year, you still had to buy the game in order to play offline. Now you have to buy a DLC instead. How has content been removed?

How are you not getting the complete package if you buy the offline (ML etc) DLC? You will have both online and offline then. The only difference is that you can actually play online for free this time around.

I am using logic mate, you are the one who's clearly extremely confused.

The only way your argument makes sense is if both PES' offline and online modes were F2P previously but now they are releasing offline mode as paid content.

Last edited:

Raekwon26

Who has claimed offline (ML etc) was F2P? Konami has now clearly stated that the online mode is F2P but offline including ML etc isn't. Please explain what extra cost this year's offline mode will have and how it is locked behind a paywall in comparison to last years game? Last year, you still had to buy the game in order to play offline. Now you have to buy a DLC instead. How has content been removed?

How are you not getting the complete package if you buy the offline (ML etc) DLC? You will have both online and offline then. The only difference is that you can actually play online for free this time around.

I am using logic mate, you are the one who's clearly extremely confused.

The only way your argument makes sense is if both PES' offline and online modes were F2P previously but now they are releasing offline mode as paid content.

Very simple.

Konami have called this game F2P.

Its there is the thread title.
It's there in the trailer.
It's there in their press release.

F2P GAME.

Is ML part of the game? Yes.
Is ML F2P? No.

It's NOT a F2P game.

Want to see how you actually promote F2P Mode and paid Content? Look at COD.

Last edited:

Lillie

imagine wanting to play a match online on your PS5 or Series X and getting matched with a mobile player and having to play with mobile graphics OMEGALUL

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
imagine wanting to play a match online on your PS5 or Series X and getting matched with a mobile player and having to play with mobile graphics OMEGALUL
From what they are saying you will be able to turn that off and only match against other console players. If so that will probably be what most people (that care) will have it set up.

Osaka_Boss

Nope.

Tons of people prefer the much better sports of American football and basketball.

Their coverage of the sport on TV puts football to shame. The pundits on football are horrendous and where's the stats etc? It's all so half hearted because they know they don't have to put effort in.

Same goes for the FA. They don't even pretend to want parity between the teams.
Tons of people 😂

More of the self-centered Bs land. Only elitists icare for whatever shit you guys run, but most people care about real football. Deal with it. That's reality, and it is what keeps US favorite company - Electronic Arts- afloat (even the name America is a stolen name appropriation off the whole continent)

Hugare

9 teams and 4 are Palmeiras’s greatest rivals… but no playable Palmeiras.

Srly ffs
Only teams that got at least 3rd place at the world championship

Just kidding :p

Will download just to test it, but I already know that FIFA will remain king

Tons of people 😂

More of the self-centered Bs land. Only elitists icare for whatever shit you guys run, but most people care about real football. Deal with it. That's reality, and it is what keeps US favorite company - Electronic Arts- afloat (even the name America is a stolen name appropriation off the whole continent)
I'm actually English and was once a football fan. I then watched American sport and realised how poor footeh is in every aspect. It's a boring sport played by mediocre athletes run by entities that don't care about competitive parity or putting a first class product on the TV.

And yes, I'd say most of the American public qualifies as 'tons of people' not to mention a few worldwide.

Last edited:

Osaka_Boss

I'm actually English and was once a football fan. I then watched American sport and realised how poor footeh is in every aspect. It's a boring sport played by mediocre athletes run by entities that don't care about competitive parity or putting a first class product on the TV.

And yes, I'd say most of the American public qualifies as 'tons of people' not to mention a few worldwide.
Cool, but it doesn't prove anypoint you being an exception. Football is regarded as a highly appreciated sport worldwide in richer and poor areas, despite not having a book of rules like American football.

Highly accessible, it has a high threshold and huge pool of players despite not being tied to an education system and a difference in skills depending on the region, I really don't see how high performance athletes can be mediocre. Is it that the fact they don't butt heads and develop brain Injury in the process or don't need to acquire kilos of mass to make these engagements even funnier for the Roman crowd?

I've played my share of A football, starting in flag and going up to college Football and even trained some rugby to try and enter the Olympics group last time, and tbh they are just separate sports. Finding one boring or the other doesnt make one right or wrong. I just find it funny how US audience downplays the most watched and played sports in the world as if having more rules or being more strict when it comes to pacing means better. It just means one more way they are self-centered and everybody else knows it.

We don't even need to mention metric system lol or using F° instead of Celsius for weather metrics. It is on their culture pushing their own reality into other regions, since colonization times. Cultural Agenda, as much as politics agenda, global agenda and so on. But I digress, have fun with whatever you like!

Last edited:

xPikYx

I was very hyped last year when Konami shared the news of a next gen PES developed for 2 years followed by that (as usual fake) teaser trailer. After one more year finally came the disappointing reality. What a S***

Davevil

aba.gif

arvfab

Banned
FYI: There is some free bonus content for PS+ members. Don't know what it contains but maybe someone is interested.

Dibils2k

tbh seeing the reactions, i hope it just dies at this point.. taking away licenses from FIFA while churning out this complete trash game is just annoying

Banjo64

cumsessed
Anyone want to share their honest view on PES 2021 update?

I got back in to PES in 2016, which was one of the best football games I’ve ever played. I’ve played hundreds of matches in My Club in every iteration since.

2021 is the absolute worst of any that I’ve played. I don’t know if it’s the quest for MTX, or if the fabled scripting/handicap is true, but this year has seen me regularly lose with ridiculous statistics like 70% possession and 15 shots to lose 1-0 against a guy with 1 shot (or even OGs). It’s not just the stats through, it’s reminding me of FUT this year with the general gameplay.

I’m not even installing this this year, I’m just going to stick to Rocket League, the fairest and most skill based football game of all.

Achille0s

I'm a PES player from PS1 version we called at time Pro2000 all the way to efootball2021, the most played game for 20 years, i love football i love this game i can't stand FIFA stupid gameplay, this year will be hard for me i don't think the new version will be any good, how can a cross play with mobile can give us the game that we dreamed of after 2 years development cycle.
They care about mobile player cause they spend more i hope they don't kill my PES with their new direction of pushing unfinished mobile game on PC and consoles 😔.

cormack12

Gold Member
I've just preloaded Fifa 22 on my PS5 - game sharing ftw!!! Not sure I'm going to download this. I tried the demo and it was oksih but there's no modes, it's basically just an online game at this point with very few teams right?

SkylineRKR

You can't be serious. How is this PS5? The game looks arguably worse than 2020 unless my mind is playing tricks on me. That front end, holy shit, its horrible.

I don't like the movement, the shooting, I couldn't pull of fake shots (did they change it?), 30fps replays, the passing feels off. I think its a shit game but I probably give it some more time before I bury it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just raw gameplay wise I don't think it is as too bad, some aspects I really like. It clearly needs more work though.

Good
  • L2 physcial defending is really good and offers a nice risk/reward option when defending
  • People can no longer just hold sprint and x to auto close / tackle (makes game a bit more sophisticated)
  • Passing seems more manual (again this makes the game more sophisticated)

Bad
  • Opposition AI is sometime a bit crap (I just had a keeper kick it straight to me under no pressure)
  • Teammate AI isn't great, runs aren't being made appropriately (in my opinion, but maybe I need to test tactics)
  • There seems to be an issue with some animation transitions causing a loss of control for a split second, very strange
The good thing is I personally think the base of the gameplay is OK, if they iterate (quickly) to refine it then it will be a very enjoyable playing experience.

All the other game mode stuff obviously needs to come ASAP. Still not sure on the business model, I thought this was going to be eFootball as a platform, but as it is listed as eFootball 2022 it makes me think that they will still do annual releases, so things like Master League won't persist and evolve they will be reset each season (and you will have to buy that mode again?).

Also no platinum trophy, WTF are Konami thinking?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I don’t know if I love it or love the fact I keep winning. I think I get it now. All the pass auto aim and automatic defense is gone for good. I am having some real fun. I still suck at defense though, and I don’t think I would be able to counter someone who know what they are doing.

TLZ

Banned
I don’t know if I love it or love the fact I keep winning. I think I get it now. All the pass auto aim and automatic defense is gone for good. I am having some real fun. I still suck at defense though, and I don’t think I would be able to counter someone who know what they are doing.
I just hold the run and X button and it does everything automatically.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They should add more lines to Japanese commentator, because he has 3 lines in total.

Physical defence is OP, when you activate it your character moves faster than your opponent.

Character animations are very slow, you have to stop pushing R2(sprint) 3 seconds before crosses if you want to stay on field.

It feels like Pes 14(first game with Fox engine?), it will be better in "years", if it survives.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Probably the same model as b2p fifa.
No idea. I did buy Fifa 22, the lads gone football mad. I personally got stuck into this Fut nonsense, built the england squad over two days, my job was done. Didnt spend any extra money

Went on to play Kingdom come deliverance, what a cracking game that is! Bloody awsome that.

jigglet

Banned
Konami have made the same mistake Nintendo did (with Nintendo online): free or cheap doesn't mean people will want it if you put in zero effort. Give us something decent and money isn't even a question. I'd rather pay $100 for Sony or MS' services than $5 for Nintendo's fucking trash. Likewise with eFootball.

The funny thing is XBL and PSN are $90 in my country. Every year it auto charges me, and I don't even blink an eye. But $20 for Nintendo Online? I need to umm and ahhh for hours before I think about it, and even then I will make sure I unsubscribe the moment I'm finished with whatever I wanted it for (e.g. AC online).

Last edited:
Top Bottom