• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eFootball Free to Play and Cross-Platform

Achille0s

Free to Play and Cross-Platform
To ensure that all soccer fans can enjoy the ultimate head-to-head action, eFootball™ is available Free to Play on multiple devices! Furthermore, in the near future it will become completely cross-platform, allowing everyone to join the fun without being held back by their device of choice. eFootball™ will take eSports to the next level, becoming the ultimate soccer experience!

efootball_2022-roadmap_en.jpg

IGN interview with more informations:

Last edited:

TrebleShot

As a huge football fan and PES fan im disappointed.

I wanted them to go F2P but I am shocked there is no word at all on the single player element and career mode which has been missing an update for 2 years now.

After yesterdays confirmation that FIFA is basically stalling and the same game as last year, I was hoping for a major blow out of new features and actual gameplay not cinematic angles and all online E-football focus.

I understand that they need to generate cash through F2P and they are no where near as big as EA but I was really hoping they would double down on their core audience which has been advocating this series for years.

FIFA is a poor imitation and I can't stand the sliding animations and awful AI.

When will we get an authentic sim football experience.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I can see how they have come to the conclusion that this is a good idea, but for me personally it is a damn shame. Everything about that promo video is soulless.

Call me old, but I used to just look forward to loading some community created kits and playing a domestic career mode or ML. Rarely to I want to play online, especially against rage quitters and hackers.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
No different from Fifa except they still charge $70
Thought as much. It's ironic really, finally FINALLY, got my lad into footbal games, only taken eleven years, but whats this? Even with Pes 2021 and Fifa 21 you want to build the england team? Fuck YOU, give us money! Or grind till his 50

Now this too? Fuck this.

What a sad load of bullshit.

Raekwon26

I can see how they have come to the conclusion that this is a good idea, but for me personally it is a damn shame. Everything about that promo video is soulless.

Call me old, but I used to just look forward to loading some community created kits and playing a domestic career mode or ML. Rarely to I want to play online, especially against rage quitters and hackers.
Amen man.

Dibils2k

so nothing unique to the next gen... meaning they are not taking advantage of it AT ALL

havent bought PES in 4 years, looks like it will continue. PES used to be the "underdog" that was unfairly overshadowed but now FIFA is genuinely better and actually is trying to make revolutionary changes with next gen (i know it likely wont be a huge jump but atleast they are trying something new)

i am so disappointed, this also confirms the online beta they had is gonna be a reflection of the final game in terms of it being identical to previous game even with a new engine

EDIT: did just remember its F2P so wouldnt need to buy it anyway lol

Last edited:

Achille0s

I would expect it to be the least sophisticated PES in a decade if it has to be compatible with mobile.
I was happy when i saw cross with PlayStation, Xbox and PC, i have many friends on other platforms but with mobile it's a big no, it may be my first year with the stupid football gameplay FIFA at least they are trying something new with nextGen machines

yansolo

it really is the end of football games it feels like, this looks just as bad as fifa's reveal, not that i was expecting anything special from EA, but damn what is this going to be now fortnite soccer? what is even going on anymore with games today?

is there really no one else out there that could have a decent crack at making a football game? just to get something new and fresh because pes and fifa are horrible

odhiex

I think PES is in lifeline support, so therefore they gamble it through the F2P and GAAS model. This could be great "someday" but at initial release date, this would be lacklustre.

A bummer, cause I am a fan of PES. Sad that it is going this way, while FIFA will always be FIFA lol.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Free to Play and Cross-Platform
To ensure that all soccer fans can enjoy the ultimate head-to-head action, eFootball™ is available Free to Play on multiple devices! Furthermore, in the near future it will become completely cross-platform, allowing everyone to join the fun without being held back by their device of choice. eFootball™ will take eSports to the next level, becoming the ultimate soccer experience!

efootball_2022-roadmap_en.jpg

They're not using Fox Engine anymore, instead Unreal Engine! This looks exciting! At least it's F2P and I prefer Konami to BS EA with their floaty gameplay.

Also it's not a fucking soccer.

But isn’t used anymore outside of mighty Amurica
That is correct.

Soccer is a terrible sport anyway. I'm English and used to be a big fan until I realised how garbage and boring a sport it actually is.

It needs something like a shot clock and the game timer needs to count down not up. It's like they have tired to take all tension and excitement away from the game.

And why don't they actually run coordinated plays instead of the kick and hope that all teams run?

That is correct.

Soccer is a terrible sport anyway. I'm English and used to be a big fan until I realised how garbage and boring a sport it actually is.

It needs something like a shot clock and the game timer needs to count down not up. It's like they have tired to take all tension and excitement away from the game.

And why don't they actually run coordinated plays instead of the kick and hope that all teams run?
And this ladies and gentlemen is why you don't smoke crack then instantly post on Neogaf.

Holdup wasn't this supposed to be a separate release from PES 2022?

Is this it, their next PES is the launch of efootball?

edit: 9 launch teams has to be a misunderstanding. People would take live service PES, but this is drastic

edit edit: Master league will be missed; godspeed efootball

Last edited:
And this ladies and gentlemen is why you don't smoke crack then instantly post on Neogaf.
Nope.

Tons of people prefer the much better sports of American football and basketball.

Their coverage of the sport on TV puts football to shame. The pundits on football are horrendous and where's the stats etc? It's all so half hearted because they know they don't have to put effort in.

Same goes for the FA. They don't even pretend to want parity between the teams.

Klik

Im ok with being Free2play as long as they improved gameplay, graphics etc. beacuse of larger playerbase. Although crossplay between mobile and console/pc is getting me worried A LOT.

Last edited:
Nope.

Tons of people prefer the much better sports of American football and basketball.

Their coverage of the sport on TV puts football to shame. The pundits on football are horrendous and where's the stats etc? It's all so half hearted because they know they don't have to put effort in.

Same goes for the FA. They don't even pretend to want parity between the teams.
Tons of people may prefer "the much better sports" of American Football and Basketball. I think they're gash personally, American Football more so. However, Football is the most popular sport on the planet so it's doing something right.

Tons of people may prefer "the much better sports" of American Football and Basketball. I think they're gash personally, American Football more so. However, Football is the most popular sport on the planet so it's doing something right.
Disagree.

In the UK in people are born into supporting a football team and blindy follow their peers etc without stopping and making a conscious choice on which sport to watch.

Also I don't think the FA, FIFA or EUFA are even trying to do 'something right' with regards to how the game is played or distributed to the masses. It's stuck in the dark ages but the brand of football is so strong the don't have to try.

Kinda like Nintendo now I think of it.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread and so I'll stop now.

Birdo

Banned
Wow, they didn't call it eSoccer. Kudos.

Same number of microtransactions and FIFA, but base game is free? Not bad.

Last edited:

Aion002

Cautiously optimistic.

Konami finally learned that they can't compete head to head with EA, the licensing/marketing stuff requires too much money.

F2P with a fun gameplay is the way! If they can push a casual mode for free, while selling cards for their ultimate team mode... That's a win!

I really enjoyed how the ball moves more separately from the player, it seems a huge improvement from other games!

Last edited:
Top Bottom