• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE Magazine Gives God of War Ragnarok a 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
Hey GhostOfTsu GhostOfTsu , I amended your graphic. Thank me later.

LRb7UKm.jpg

Cross out Ragnorak and replace it with "DLC".

This game is thoroughly undeserving of being a full game release. They needed to delay it to 2023, it's the only right thing they could have done.

tommib

I think Edge give this score to gain popularity, to gain attention from gaming community, silly but I think talky talky doing good for them
They don’t even publish their reviews online. They have 0 online presence . How do you clickbait that? What about they don’t give a shit? Edge is not a fanboy’s blogpost.

Fbh

I like how everyone always complains about review sites handing out inflated scores, but then the second a hyped game doesn't get a good score from a single well known publication it's all rage and tears.

Anyway, seems to be fake too based on that Tweet.

Kadve

Plot twist: turns out someone faked the review or at least the write up for it

Yea i just bothered to check the source. Its a random Resetera post that doesn't even quote the review . Until Gamesradar themselves (who owns Edge nowadays) actually publishes it or it shows up on Metacritic, i will take its existence with a mountain of salt.

Oh and if you didnt know. Chris Schilling is the deputy director of Edge.

Last edited:
Sony should use this review in their statement for the CMA against MS ABK acquisition :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In other news, people might have different opinions and all of us should respect and be fine with that

Last edited:
There’s a certain point around 9-10 hours in where I wanted to put the game down. absolute filler, extremely boring and its quite lengthy. They could have cut to the chase in around 15 minutes but they drag that shit out.

After that though, sublime and back to being awesome. I can see why some might not like it as much but I’m with the majority on this, loving it so far.

Not sure if the person on ree got a leaked review or not but Edge is going to bump it up to an 8/10 now just to prove that it was misinformation.

But why would they even do that if thats what they wrote? Plus, Edge is Print only magazine, they can’t just change it on a whim

dwish

I just got past Svartalfheim and, personally, I'm really enjoying it. The fantastic environments, the puzzles (trying to find all optional chests etc), the combat (I'm playing on the second to hardest difficulty), the music and the graphics on the PS5 are all great.

I haven't gotten far enough yet to make a proper review, but right now its a solid 9/10 for me.

Swift_Star

Banned
God of War is 100% normie bait designed for the sort of people who buy a videogame because they see an advertisement on the side of a bus, and who subsequently base their opinion on the perceived social pressure of a Metacritic score, so I praise Edge magazine for apparently hiring people with functioning brains by accident
This reads like it comes from a twitter nut.

anthony2690

Banned
Has Sony blacklisted anyone in the past for low review scores?

I think I only remember doing stuff like that for leaking info.
Stevivor, people went on a mad crusade at him too.

He gave Horizon Forbidden West a 6.5/10 and got blacklisted.

Console warriors believe he hates Sony despite giving various games 9 & 10s.

And want you believe he is a huge Microsoft shill despite giving sot a 4/10 🤷‍♂️

Buggy Loop

Still less controversial than gaming age’s (precursor of this very forum) Ninja gaiden black getting a 6/10.

I would give the original 2018 version a solid 8. I preferred the older GoW and the map design was a missed opportunity to have a real solid intertwined Metroid like experience. Can’t say i know for ragnarok, but could it be a 7 without death threats? Does it have to be everyone’s cup of tea?

Last edited:
6 sounds harsh to me without playing. The first game was a 9 for me, and reading legitimate criticisms on here from Sony fans (hand holding on puzzles, boring long section, anti-climatic ending fight and Kratos lack of development) it sounds like it’d be an 8 for me.

That being said, as ludicrous as a 6 sounds, the 10s sound equally ridiculous to me.
Those 10s are definitely justisfied. It might not be perfect, but no game is. To say its a 6 is just trolling. Gow Ragnarok is one of the rare games to hit the mark on every element which makes a great singleplayer game; like gameplay, combat, storytelling and lore, graphics, music, voice acting and motion capture animations. Its better than Gow 2018, and builds on what made everything great about the first one.

The hand holding on puzzles is a fair criticism, sometimes the NPCs are too quick to give hints, but Ive seen people still have trouble trying to solve them. Im not going to say anything about Kratos development, thats a spoiler.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
Has Sony blacklisted anyone in the past for low review scores?

I think I only remember doing stuff like that for leaking info.

It’s a poorly kept secret in the industry that you are absolutely pressured / threatened to review certain ways, and certain MAJOR publishers have blacklisted for LESS.

It is more proof that you are absolutely brain dead to trust review scores from non independent press. 99% phony, with most of them being gaming ignorant even these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom